Postings by Casper 1990 ~ 2008

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Um, how do I use this?
Casper - 1990 ~ - 2008

The Friendly- Ghost

Purred: Fri May 11, '07 3:05am PST 
Ask your friend how she does it and let us all know.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Scooter ~ Our Angel, May 12 6:41 pm

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Need help with Friendship requests
Casper - 1990 ~ - 2008

The Friendly- Ghost

Purred: Wed May 9, '07 12:37am PST 
Hi Scooter,
Thanks for the suggestion about the treats. HQ suggested the same thing, but it doesn't seem to work for this particular problem. I can't be in every page every day. I have over 100 of them. Refreshing the browser has helped with only one cat making the request, but with multiple cats on both sides of the request, that doesn't work either. I gave HQ a specific case to look at. The other person has 54 pages and I have over 100. We tried several times and still didn't get them to work.
Karen and Kitties
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Casper 1990 ~ 2008, May 9 12:37 am

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Need help with Friendship requests

Casper - 1990 ~ - 2008

The Friendly- Ghost

Purred: Sat May 5, '07 1:18pm PST 
I have a very large family of cats. I have discovered that Catster is not cross posting all of the cats as it should. When someone asks to be friends with all of my cats, not all of my cats get the new friends when I accept the request and now I know that the other person probably doesn't get all of my cats either unless perhaps they only have one cat. Many times when I accept a request, I get the 'page not found' error before it completes the task. It always shows that the request has been accepted but I discovered that it wasn't working. I have tried refreshing the error page and that hasn't worked. I have written to Catster but they haven't come up with anything yet. Sometimes, only the first cat gets the friends. Sometimes, it's the first few. Surely I'm not the only one that this happens to. Has anybody found a way to correct it? Thanks, Karen
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Casper 1990 ~ 2008, May 9 12:37 am

Laws & Legislation > Attention residents of Aurora, Colorado

Casper - 1990 ~ - 2008

The Friendly- Ghost

Purred: Mon Apr 30, '07 9:03am PST 
P.S. I would appreciate it if someone who is a member of Dogster would post this information there. I don't own a dog so I can't register there.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Casper 1990 ~ 2008, Apr 30 9:03 am

Casper - 1990 ~ - 2008

The Friendly- Ghost

Purred: Mon Apr 30, '07 9:03am PST 
P.S. I would appreciate it if someone who is a member of Dogster would post this information there. I don't own a dog so I can't register there.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Casper 1990 ~ 2008, Apr 30 9:03 am

Casper - 1990 ~ - 2008

The Friendly- Ghost

Purred: Mon Apr 30, '07 8:56am PST 
Dear Kitty Owners,
Dog and cat owners in Aurora, Colorado will find that there has been another fee increase when they license their animals in 2007. The cost of my cat licenses is still within reason, but that's only because I'm a senior citizen and all of my cats are neutered. There are legitimate hobbyists in our city who breed and show their pedigreed animals. The license fee for an intact animal is 10 times what you pay for a neutered animal. The owner of an intact animal has to pay $100 for an intact permit plus the $10 license fee. If a person happens to be a hobby breeder, they pay $200 for a litter permit. In other words, the City of Aurora wants to tax hobby breeders out of business. Small hobby breeders are still the best source of pedigreed pets. These folks raise their babies underfoot and the result is a well socialized pet. Large commercial breeders just put 2 animals together and say "go for it Fluffy". Hobby breeders spend many hours researching pedigrees and looking for the very best breeding stock to meet the goals of their program. They spend a lot of money testing their breeding animals in order to avoid genetic problems such as polycystic kidney disease in the Persian cat. Is the goal of the City of Aurora to have nothing left but random bred animals? Hobby breeders don't make a profit on the sale of their pet puppies and kittens. They don't break even in most cases and there is a limit to what they can lay out to support their hobby. I am not a breeder, but I feel that the fees being charged to these people is extremely discriminatory and punitive. If you are of the same opinion, please join me in emailing the members of the Aurora City Council and expressing that opinion. I have copied the fee schedule below for your information.
Thank you,
Karen and the Furry multitude

Licenses, Permits & Forms
Available licenses and permits:
City Animal License (required for all dogs and cats over the age of six months). Before a license application can be processed, proof of a current rabies vaccination is required (a photocopy of the rabies certificate issued by your veterinarian is acceptable).
Annual Animal License fee = $10
Intact Animal Permit (required for all dogs and cats that have NOT been spayed or neutered) Annual fee = $100 each year the animal is able to produce a litter of puppies or kittens
Litter Permit and Registration Number (required within one week of obtaining a litter of puppies or kittens) Fee = $200 per litter
Fanciers Permit (allows an exemption to the City maximum limit of 3 adult dogs and/or 5 adult cats) One-time Fee = $100
Trapping Permit (for capturing stray/nuisance cats in an approved, privately owned trap) Annual Fee = $20
Guard Dog Permit (for keeping trained, professional guard dogs on private property) Annual fee = $50
To renew a current dog or cat license online, click on the link below:
http://www.auroragov.org/AuroraGov/Departments/Neighborhood_Servic es/Animal_Care/Licenses__Permits__and_Forms/DogandCatLicenseRenewals /index.htm
Animal Licenses
Aurora law requires that all dogs and cats over the age of six (6) months be licensed with the Animal Care Division. In addition, if the animal has not been spayed or neutered in accordance with City ordinances, an Intact Permit must also be purchased each year the animal is physically able to produce a litter of puppies or kittens.
Per City ordinance, license and rabies tags must both be attached to the animal at all times. Failure to comply may result in a summons and fine for the owner.
If a licensed veterinarian inoculated your dog or cat with a 3-year rabies vaccine, a 3-year City of Aurora Animal license and (if applicable) a 3-year Intact Permit may be purchased.
License & Permit Fees:
Certain discounts are available for license fees only. No discount is available for any permit:
Certified service dogs may receive a free license.
Persons 65 or older are eligible for a 50% discount on the 1-year or 3-year license fee.
Owners of a dog with Canine Good Citizen Certification are eligible for a 50% discount on the 1-year or 3-year license fee.
Only one discount is available per person per pet.
1 Year License for Spayed/Neutered “fixed” Animals:
Annual License fee = $ 10.00
License Fee Discount (proof of eligibility required) = $ 5

1 Year Intact Permit for Animals NOT Spayed/Neutered:
Annual Intact Permit fee = $100.00
1 Year License and Intact Permit for Animals NOT Spayed/Neutered:
Annual License fee plus Intact Permit fee= $ 110.00
Discount License fee (proof of eligibility required) plus Intact Permit fee = $ 105.00

3 Year fee for Spayed/Neutered “fixed” Animals: 3-year License fee = $30.00
Discount 3-year License (proof of eligibility required) fee= $15.00
3 Year Intact Permit for Animals NOT Spayed/Neutered:
3-year Intact Permit fee = $300.00
3 Year License and 3 Year Intact Permit for Animals NOT Spayed/Neutered:
3-year License fee plus 3-year Intact Permit fee = $330.00
Discount 3-year License (proof of eligibility required) plus 3-year Intact Permit = $315.00

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Return To Kitty Inbox

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Catster Messaging is a new feature meant for fun and friendly use. If you experience any problems, have any suggestions, or witness any inappropriate usage, drop us a line and let us know.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Casper 1990 ~ 2008, Apr 30 9:03 am

Cat Health > Eye infections/URI - Is this just a coincidence?

Casper - 1990 ~ - 2008

The Friendly- Ghost

Purred: Mon Apr 23, '07 4:33am PST 
It's called left eye goober syndrome. HEE HEE HEE
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Hunter, Apr 24 9:30 pm

Cat Health > Ask for a ringworm test

Casper - 1990 ~ - 2008

The Friendly- Ghost

Purred: Mon Apr 23, '07 4:27am PST 
There are many cases of occult fungus, especially in longhaired cats. Don't rely strictly on the black light to find ringworm. Not all of it is flourescent. There will probably be more cases of ringworm on cats from purebred catteries than on cats off the street. Some catteries never get rid of it because they won't stop breeding long enough to treat it properly. If one cat in a household is infected, you should consider them all infected whether or not they display symptoms.

I would also like to mention that many cases of cheyletiella and notoedric mange are misdiagnosed as ringworm because they can produce the same type of miliary dermatitis.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Casper 1990 ~ 2008, Apr 23 4:27 am

Cat Health > Is my vet being fair???

Casper - 1990 ~ - 2008

The Friendly- Ghost

Purred: Tue Mar 27, '07 6:03pm PST 
Find a new Vet.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Hunter, Mar 27 8:55 pm

Cat Health > Arg, kitty peeing on things!
Casper - 1990 ~ - 2008

The Friendly- Ghost

Purred: Tue Mar 27, '07 5:56pm PST 
There are different things you can try. You can try different litter material. Most cats prefer a fine unscented scoopable. You could try different litter boxes. Some cats like open boxes, some like covered. Do you have enough litter boxes? Does the cat use the box when it's confined and has the box to itself? There are some cats that will not share a toilet with others. My Mother had a fussy old cat that wouldn't even share with herself. If she went to use the box and her previous deposit had not been removed, she would go on the floor beside the box. Location of the box could be a problem. Has the cat been ambushed by another cat when using the box? Cleanliness of the box can be an issue with some cats. Others will wade in feces up to their knees and don't care. These are just a few things for you to think about if there is no medical issue.
[notify]

» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Apr 17 8:32 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.