Postings by Stella

GO!

(Page 1 of 52: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?
Stella

Stella- Felinis--Queen- of All Kitties!

Purred: Sun Sep 14, '14 5:16pm PST 
Congratulations, Claude, From Stella, Fluff and Queenie!!!!!!!!!! applause way to go happy dance hamster dance party party
[notify]

» There has since been -42.2 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

Senior Cats > 22 year old cat starting to pee in the house
Stella

Purred: Fri Aug 15, '14 9:57am PST 
It's Stella. This is almost always a urinary tract problem. It hurts when he goes and he has no other way of telling you, so he goes where he knows you will find it so you will know something is wrong. If it was various spots or hidden spots, then it might be dementia or weakness of the bladder muscles. He might need to go on a special food that will not irritate his bladder. We are purring for you! Wow, 22 years old! smile wave
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Pablo, Aug 15 9:48 pm

Cat Health > Cat's legs clicking/popping

Stella

Purred: Sat Jul 19, '14 5:20pm PST 
It's Stella. Are you sure it's his *joints* you are hearing? If his claws are not trimmed, they will grow out like a dog's and click on bare floors when he walks. This happened to Delyte towards the end of his life, when our person felt sorry for him and didn't bother him to trim his claws. They grew into hard little circles that had to be professionally trimmed.

Purrs to you and your senior kitty! wave
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 20 11:48 pm

Cat Health > Is EATING DRIED CATNIP dangerous for cats?

Stella

Purred: Fri Jun 20, '14 8:23pm PST 
It's Stella. It's okay for them to eat catnip, either dried or fresh. But usually we roll in it and make a mess beforehand. Maybe it is not very high quality catnip? Our person used to grow it fresh for us, which is what we liked the best. We had a plant growing in the yard but it looks like it did not survive our bad winter. frown
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kashi, Jun 20 11:37 pm

Behavior & Training > Aggressive and possibly Overprotective

Stella

Purred: Tue Jun 3, '14 10:34pm PST 
It's Stella. Can't really give you any advice because I do the same things! I hate the other two cats going near my person and I constantly cause fights and lash out. The others are bigger than me and can get out of my way, but it's not a nice environment to live in. This has been going on for years so it doesn't look as if we are going to mellow out. I am a little bit older and have some health issues so probably it will end with my departure to the Bridge. Some cats just have big and obnoxious personalities, I guess. thinking
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Daniel, Jun 8 4:10 pm

Cat Health > Kitty may have cancer-very scared
Stella

Purred: Tue Jun 3, '14 10:25pm PST 
It's Stella. We are so sorry that Mindy has been so sick and has had such a terrible diagnosis. It seems that lately many of our cat and dog friends have had sudden diagnoses of fatal illnesses. It is so painful for everyone.

One of the things you might try, if Mindy has recovered from her urinating blood and traumatic symptoms, is to have your regular vet give her some steroids. It won't solve anything permanently, but it may make her feel much better and give you more time to adjust to her journey. We have a friend with a similar diagnosis who got so much better that his person is convinced he is cured. That's unfortunately not true, but the kitty is having a good life for now.

We are all purring for you and know how terrible it is to make such decisions. hug wave
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Mindy, Jul 7 1:21 am

Cats & Travel > Should I bring my cat to make friends?

Stella

Purred: Thu May 15, '14 9:18pm PST 
It's Stella and the Grays. Our person agrees that cats don't need play dates or interaction with other cats, if they are not used to it. But something that might be useful would be to have people who visit you to play with the cat and teach her that other people are fun. Our person leads a very reclusive life and as a result we three are afraid of anyone who comes in the house for any reason. We have a cat sitter who has never actually seen us. [She comes in, puts down food and cleans dirty pans, but no cats.]

Part of this is temperament, but some of this is just lack of exposure to people. She used to have a kitty who actually ran to the door when someone knocked, but she was raised by someone else.

Good luck with Rice and improving her life! wave
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Stella, May 15 9:18 pm

Kitten Corner > New kittens, new life, totally lost

Stella

Purred: Sun May 11, '14 9:28pm PST 
It's Stella. Definitely take them to the vet, as there are parasites, illnesses and infections that are not always picked up by the routine tests.

Our late fursib Delyte got an infection, either from outdoors when he ran away and hid in the woods for a week, or from the vet's that persisted the rest of his life. He had the most stinky poops. The cat pan is located down a hall, 25 ft from the living room, and he could clear the living room with one poop. These kittens could have been exposed to anything when they were born and at the shelter.

Kittens are tougher and more resilient than they seem and can respond miraculously to the proper treatment! Don't give up on the little ones yet.

Purrs ... wave
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maizy , May 16 12:38 pm

Behavior & Training > Am I abusing my kitty?

Stella

Purred: Thu May 8, '14 11:30am PST 
It's Stella. Although all cats have their own personalities, there is a secret to cat training. You can pretty much train a cat to do ANYTHING in the first 6-9 mos of their lives. You trained your kitty to do something that cats generally don't like, and she enjoys it enough to encourage you to take her out. You seem to be taking a very generous amount of care with her, and you are aware of the dangers to her. Tell that lady to go sit on it and twirl, as they used to say! shock

The only problem that I can see is that Arwen is not spayed yet? That might attract male cats and start fights. [Are you the same Arwen who is getting fixed soon?] Once she has had her surgery and recovered, she should be fine. Generally, you don't even have to worry too much about heat or cold, except possibly frostbite on paws. Cleaning her paws after each trip is a good idea.

It all sounds wonderful. Our person wanted to train us to walk on leashes, but she could not get a leash that her crippled hands could open and close easily and we got freaked out by it. So now we are 8 & 7 and untrained. So giant purrs to you! wave
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Iba, May 29 11:28 am

Behavior & Training > Older Cat Peeing Everywhere for no Reason?
Stella

Purred: Fri May 2, '14 11:46am PST 
It's Stella. The "elevator butt" move can be associated with territorial marking. Also could be clogged anal glands hurting--have those been cleared? We made a pan for our old Delyte out of a Rubbermaid tub with one low edge and the rest high, to catch the peeing because he could not squat well.

Generally the peeing all over is an attempt to get your attention. There is some kind of pain going on in this kitty's life, Try the arthritis medicine and see how that works.

Giant purrs to you from all of us! hug wave
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mordred,PAWS, May 4 6:50 am

(Page 1 of 52: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.