Postings by Obi, In Loving Memory

GO!

Grooming > My cat wont let me brush him?

Obi, In- Loving- Memory

Did I say you- can do that?

Purred: Sat Sep 6, '08 6:21pm PST 
My mom has the same problem. She has tried all sorts of brushes, including the Zoom Groom. I'll let her brush me for a few seconds, but then I scratch her, hiss, growl, and try to run away. She tries to persevere for a little longer, but I get so upset that she has to let me go. She even tries to bribe me with treats and gives me breaks. Doesn't help. And, she tries to brush me often so I get used to it. I still don't like it. She's tried the furminator, an undercoat rake, a comb, a regular brush, and the Zoom Groom. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Mysty, Sep 25 5:35 pm

Cat Health > Kitty throwing her food up
Obi, In- Loving- Memory

Purred: Sun Mar 16, '08 9:20am PST 
My roommate's cat ran away 2 months ago, and we just got her back. The Humane Society found her and said they had her checked out and she is healthy. However, she has thrown up her most of her food the few times she's eaten. It's the same food that we fed her before she ran away. I'm wondering what I should feed her. I've checked some of the other topics in the forums, and it sounds like I might need to change her food. I have tried giving her some wet food, but she won't eat it. Does anyone have any suggestions? She came back to us pretty thin, and I am trying to make sure that she is getting enough nutrition and calories.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 16 9:45 am

Choosing the Right Cat > 2 Cats in a Small-ish Apartment?

Obi, In- Loving- Memory

Purred: Wed Nov 29, '06 11:01am PST 
I agree with everyone else. 2 kitties should do fine in a smallish apartment. I live in a loft apt with my kitty sister and doggy sister, and there is plenty of room. We have room to play, and there are places for us to have our own space.

Like everyone else said, be sure to find a cat who will be a good match for you. My mommy tried to get me a cat from the Humane Society, but we didn't really get along and he sprayed all over the house. She ended up having to find another home for him, but then found me my sister Mia. We love each other so much now and love to play together.
[notify]

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Lil' Charlie, Jan 4 9:11 am

Cats & Travel > Can I leave my Cats at home for 3 days?

Obi, In- Loving- Memory

Purred: Tue Nov 7, '06 1:23pm PST 
My mommy leaves me and my sister alone when she goes home for long weekends (about the same time as your parents are going to be gone). Her parents live on a farm and have 12 dogs and a lot of cats and other misc animals. Mommy knows that going there would upset us and stress us out a lot. So she leaves us home where we're safe and secure and makes sure that we have more than enough food for us to eat (in case something happens and she gets back later than planned), and she makes sure that the big waterer is full, and that our favorite water dish upstairs is full. We live with a doggie that we just tolerate, so it's nice to have break from that furrball. But, remind your mommy that if you have a tendancy to eat all your food at once (even if it's a huge amount), it's best to get an automatic feeder.

Here are a couple more tips:
1) Make sure your parents adjust the heat/air conditioning as appropriate. If my mom is gone during the summer, she makes sure the air conditioner is on and fans are on so we don't get too hot. And during the winter she makes sure it's comfortable for us.
2) If your parents are going to be gone longer than 3 or 4 days, they should find a friend or pet-sitter to look in on you.
3) Ask your parents to leave out some safe toys and scratching posts for you. We have a huge cat tree (floor to ceiling) that we love to jump, play, sleep, and wrestle on. That helps keep us entertained.

One final and important reminder: ask your parents to make sure there isn't any trash, plastic bags, cleaning chemicals, or anything else dangerous that you can get into. My sister and I are very well behaved, but once in a while we have a little too much fun and knock stuff over. Mommy tries to keep the house kitty and doggie proofed so that if we have a little too much fun, we don't get hurt.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Zuni - beautiful angel girl, Jan 6 12:01 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.