Postings by Delyte, Dark Angel, at Bridge

GO!

(Page 1 of 156: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > New here and looking for support
Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Sun Apr 13, '14 9:10pm PST 
This is Delyte. After a long life I went to the Bridge last year and my person is still missing me terribly, even though she has three other cats to pet and wait on. She and I had a special relationship--she saved my life when I was eight and had a horrible illness. I had another ten years of life with her and we were close. I know she is planning to get another black kitten soon, although you can never replace one cat with another. You, Austin, will live on at the Bridge and be rejoined with your person someday. But your person will eventually be able to have another relationship with a cat. Even while she feels her love for you, she will be able to love another kitty. My person is old, and I am her fifth kitty to go to the Bridge and we are all special and loved by her, but I know she can love another.

The pain is terrible at the beginning, especially if the death is relatively sudden as yours was. [I dwindled for a long time, and my passing was a relief from pain.] It does get better, but she will never forget you and you will not forget her. Some cats on the Bridge are said to make visits to their people; I've never done that, but she still remembers me,

Giant purrs to your sad person and hope that everything we on Catster say can help her with the pain. hug cat on moon welcome
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Delyte, Dark Angel, at Bridge, Apr 13 9:10 pm

Cat Health > Possible Tumor :(

Purred: Sat Apr 5, '14 10:56am PST 
This is Delyte. Normal is good!! I know it's hard to tell a cat this, but if you don't feel "normal" make sure to try to tell your person. Let's hope that you are feeling good and enjoying life. I don't want to see you up here for quite a long while! applause We are all purring for you. hug cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Delyte, Dark Angel, at Bridge, Apr 5 10:56 am

Purred: Wed Apr 2, '14 7:49pm PST 
This is Delyte. Even though we did not have access to ultrasound when I had my tumor, remember that my vet thought my tumor was 99% cancerous when she went in to operate. Only a biopsy can say for sure. Also, some cancers are very slow growing and/or have distinct boundaries that make them easier to remove by surgery. We are still purring for you, Bart. hug cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Delyte, Dark Angel, at Bridge, Apr 5 10:56 am

Purred: Tue Apr 1, '14 10:05pm PST 
This is Delyte and the Grays. We are so sorry for the results of your tests and the prognosis. We are all purring for you to have as long and comfortable a life as possible. Life is so sad sometimes ... hug cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Delyte, Dark Angel, at Bridge, Apr 5 10:56 am

Purred: Mon Mar 31, '14 1:47pm PST 
This is Delyte. I had a large tumor in my bowel, where the small and large intestines merge. It completely blocked off my digestion. It was visible and palpable. When the vet operating saw it, she wanted to sew me up and have my person come in and say goodbye to me. My person asked if she could remove the tumor. The vet said if it was cancerous it would buy me a few months at best, but my person wanted those months. The vet did her best job but it was a big tumor and it took me a long time to recover--huge scar, lots of pain and my refusal to eat for two weeks. But I did recover. And the biopsy on the tumor was non cancerous! I lived for another eight years and the tumor never returned.

We've been told that all of this is very rare and that I was a very lucky cat. But there is no reason why another cat can't be lucky too! It would have been even better if my person had realized that it is not normal for a large cat to poop tiny thin poops that looked like string. She feels very guilty for not taking me to the vet sooner. The best reason they can give is that I had been taking meds for arthritis and they had irritated my intestines which grew this thing in response. But that was just me.

So hang on, don't let anyone jump to conclusions, get a second opinion if you can, and keep the kitty as comfortable as possible. I am purring for you up here on the Bridge and my Gray kitties back at home. Hope you can get through this! PURRS!!!!! hug cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Delyte, Dark Angel, at Bridge, Apr 5 10:56 am

Senior Cats > Methimazole gel and other littermates?

Purred: Mon Mar 17, '14 10:19am PST 
This is Delyte at the Bridge. I had the thyroid gel on my ears for about two years before I died. Because of my imposing dignity, no one dared lick my ears! However our understanding is that the medication in the gel is absorbed through the blood vessels in the ear tissue pretty quickly after application, so there is nothing left but inert gel. You should check with your vet or the gel manufacturer, though. Good luck with it! Giant old purrs to you! cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Isis, Mar 17 10:39 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Is it normal for me to feel such intense grief and sadness?

Purred: Mon Mar 17, '14 10:14am PST 
This is Delyte on the Bridge. We all welcomed Apollo here and he is pain-free and full of life, although he misses his family. We will all watch over you as you get through the shock and pain of his passing. Feel free to vent away on this forum--we have all gone through this at least once and we know how painful it is to lose a dear one, especially after a long illness. My person went through very much the same thing last year, and she still misses me terribly, even with the rest of the cats to distract her.

We are all purring for you. This is what Catster is for and we are so glad that it is still here for us. Purrs! hug cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Apr 7 2:45 pm

Cat Health > What do you guys think?

Purred: Sun Mar 9, '14 11:35am PST 
This is Delyte. A soft tissue tumor won't show up in an x-ray. A full blood panel is advisable. Also, if there is a belief that something is blocking the digestive tract, an endoscopy could be performed. We are purring for this kitty here on the Bridge and down with my family. Purrs! hugcat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Apr 2 3:40 am

Cat Health > What do you guys think?

Purred: Fri Mar 7, '14 9:06pm PST 
This is Delyte from the Bridge. When I was ten I stopped eating and vomited everything and cried terribly. I had a tumor in my intestine that was blocking everything. They did exploratory surgery and wanted to put me to sleep. My person convinced them to take out the tumor and part of my intestine. I had a hard recovery--I was not the world's best patient!--but I recovered and lived for another eight years. The tumor was not cancerous and never grew back.

Did you have an xray or fluoroscopy done? My tumor was so big it was easily felt, but a smaller one might not be.

We are all purring so much for this kitty! Diagnosing illnesses in cats is a very difficult art and many vets are not that good at it.

Giant purrs to all! hug cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Apr 2 3:40 am

Senior Cats > I Don't Know What to do

Purred: Sun Jan 19, '14 10:04pm PST 
This is Delyte. We will be thinking of you and purring for you and waiting to receive Ricardo on the Bridge. What a sad time for you ... hug cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Sprinkles Ricardo Blah-Blah, Jan 27 3:36 pm

(Page 1 of 156: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.