Postings by Delyte, Dark Angel, at Bridge

GO!

(Page 1 of 156: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > goodbye sweet girl
Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Sat Sep 6, '14 10:57pm PST 
This is Delyte on the Rainbow Bridge. Your baby is here and is pain free and young again. She misses you terribly, but knows that you wouldn't want her to suffer. My person says the pain you are feeling will subside but never go away, but you should know that you were a wonderful person and you were so happy together.

She has a picture frame for me that says, "Thank you for everything, I had a wonderful time." That says it all. We had a wonderful life together.

All; of us here and my people and fursibs at home are purring for you. hug cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Aragorn (In Memory), Sep 8 12:39 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Lost in grief and consumed with guilt...

Purred: Mon Aug 11, '14 6:46pm PST 
This is Delyte. Today is my Gotcha day, 19 years since my person found me in a parking lot on the university campus. But it is also 13 months since she had to have me put to sleep because of several agonizing wasting illnesses. Despite my weakness, I fought the doctor and the drug and my death was a horrible experience for everyone, even the experienced vet staff. My person still thinks it was the right thing to do as I could not go on, as your Flo couldn't have gone on, but it is the hardest thing she had ever had to do. [She is much older than you and has had to deal with death of parents, relatives, close friends and several other dear pets, and this was the worst.]

She does have three other annoying other cats to console her and a dear boyfriend and other friends, but it has been so hard. There are a number of online and call in programs to help with your grief. Given your isolation, you should get in contact with someone soon.

Is there an animal shelter around you where you could volunteer and relate to other animals right now, without making a commitment to getting a new companion? It will happen, you will find another animal that has the same emotional resonance that you had with Flo, but it will take a while. And youy need to have some support during that time.

Rest assured that Flo is here on the Bridge with all of us and she misses you terribly too, but is so glad not to be in pain any more. As the others have said, she will send you another soul to be your companion again when the time is right. Giant purrs to you from all of us ... cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Aug 19 10:15 am

Cat Health > Hyperthyroid Issue/Bad Reaction To Medication

Purred: Tue Jun 10, '14 10:48am PST 
This is Delyte. I was not able to tolerate any oral meds for hyperthyroid. I had the gel formulation that was rubbed on my ear and it worked for three years until my death. It's a little expensive but so much easier on the cat. Purrs to you and hope you feel better! cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by BK, Jun 11 4:18 am

Senior Cats > Do Cats Go Gray?

Purred: Sun Jun 8, '14 10:47pm PST 
This is Delyte. Not only do cats go grey or white--most noticeable on black cats like me--but they can develop white streaks where fur grows over a damaged area. I had a big white streak on my stomach from my surgery when I was ten years old. I also developed a white spot on my left side which was where the tumor was anchored inside my body to the abdominal wall. My person wishes she had taken closeup pictures of them before I went to the Bridge, where now my fur is jet black and young again. Purrs to you and many years of life ahead. cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Delyte, Dark Angel, at Bridge, Jun 8 10:47 pm

Cat Health > Acting aggressive after neutering

Purred: Thu May 15, '14 9:26pm PST 
This is Delyte. I had a somewhat bad reaction to my spaying, which was nearly 20 years ago. I kept licking my posterior and did not want to be picked up or petted. Finally my person looked at me and discovered there was something hanging out of the incision! She took me right back and they had to snip something off and tighten the stiches and they did not use anesthesia. But despite the pain I did fine after that.

Even longer ago, about 43 years ago, my person's first male cat had a terrible reaction to his operation, hiding and howling and being miserable. It turns out they did not use any anesthesia in those days or give any pain meds after. He was frightened and in pain. He recovered but they felt terrible about doing this to him.

I hope Grimm is doing better and has forgotten the trauma of that bad day? Soothing purrs to you from all of us. hug cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by ♛ Arwen ♛, May 29 8:22 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > New here and looking for support

Purred: Sun Apr 13, '14 9:10pm PST 
This is Delyte. After a long life I went to the Bridge last year and my person is still missing me terribly, even though she has three other cats to pet and wait on. She and I had a special relationship--she saved my life when I was eight and had a horrible illness. I had another ten years of life with her and we were close. I know she is planning to get another black kitten soon, although you can never replace one cat with another. You, Austin, will live on at the Bridge and be rejoined with your person someday. But your person will eventually be able to have another relationship with a cat. Even while she feels her love for you, she will be able to love another kitty. My person is old, and I am her fifth kitty to go to the Bridge and we are all special and loved by her, but I know she can love another.

The pain is terrible at the beginning, especially if the death is relatively sudden as yours was. [I dwindled for a long time, and my passing was a relief from pain.] It does get better, but she will never forget you and you will not forget her. Some cats on the Bridge are said to make visits to their people; I've never done that, but she still remembers me,

Giant purrs to your sad person and hope that everything we on Catster say can help her with the pain. hug cat on moon welcome
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Delyte, Dark Angel, at Bridge, Apr 13 9:10 pm

Cat Health > Possible Tumor :(

Purred: Sat Apr 5, '14 10:56am PST 
This is Delyte. Normal is good!! I know it's hard to tell a cat this, but if you don't feel "normal" make sure to try to tell your person. Let's hope that you are feeling good and enjoying life. I don't want to see you up here for quite a long while! applause We are all purring for you. hug cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tigger, May 15 2:06 pm

Purred: Wed Apr 2, '14 7:49pm PST 
This is Delyte. Even though we did not have access to ultrasound when I had my tumor, remember that my vet thought my tumor was 99% cancerous when she went in to operate. Only a biopsy can say for sure. Also, some cancers are very slow growing and/or have distinct boundaries that make them easier to remove by surgery. We are still purring for you, Bart. hug cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Tigger, May 15 2:06 pm

Purred: Tue Apr 1, '14 10:05pm PST 
This is Delyte and the Grays. We are so sorry for the results of your tests and the prognosis. We are all purring for you to have as long and comfortable a life as possible. Life is so sad sometimes ... hug cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Tigger, May 15 2:06 pm

Purred: Mon Mar 31, '14 1:47pm PST 
This is Delyte. I had a large tumor in my bowel, where the small and large intestines merge. It completely blocked off my digestion. It was visible and palpable. When the vet operating saw it, she wanted to sew me up and have my person come in and say goodbye to me. My person asked if she could remove the tumor. The vet said if it was cancerous it would buy me a few months at best, but my person wanted those months. The vet did her best job but it was a big tumor and it took me a long time to recover--huge scar, lots of pain and my refusal to eat for two weeks. But I did recover. And the biopsy on the tumor was non cancerous! I lived for another eight years and the tumor never returned.

We've been told that all of this is very rare and that I was a very lucky cat. But there is no reason why another cat can't be lucky too! It would have been even better if my person had realized that it is not normal for a large cat to poop tiny thin poops that looked like string. She feels very guilty for not taking me to the vet sooner. The best reason they can give is that I had been taking meds for arthritis and they had irritated my intestines which grew this thing in response. But that was just me.

So hang on, don't let anyone jump to conclusions, get a second opinion if you can, and keep the kitty as comfortable as possible. I am purring for you up here on the Bridge and my Gray kitties back at home. Hope you can get through this! PURRS!!!!! hug cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Tigger, May 15 2:06 pm

(Page 1 of 156: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.