Postings by Leaf

GO!

(Page 1 of 39: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > at my wits end.. I can\'t live like this anymore
Leaf

Must kick and- shred!

Purred: Thu Aug 27, '09 9:48am PST 
Oh Pepper! I feel your pain. We have been through this exact same situation with Leaf, peeing on sofas, dog beds, blankets, comforters. I have spent tons of money replacing things, buying gallons of nature's miracle, feliway, new dog beds (we've gone through about 6! I have put plastic on the sofas and beds, used black garbage bags around the sofa cushions (under a slip cover), bought new slip covers. The list goes on and on. Leaf has been to the vet many times for inappropriate peeing and they found no infection, no crystals, but they did notice his urine pH was off. I was in the same boat as you... I love him to death but how can I live like this?! We tried Buspirone anti-anxiety, which worked for a while, but then he decided he would NOT take it anymore. Now I think we have found the solution! Leaf is on a Rx diet to keep the pH of his urine just right and *knock on wood* things have been going really well since he has been on this new diet! He eats royal canin "urinary SO" formula and it seems to have done the trick. The vet has diagnosed him with FLUTD - feline lower urinary tract disorder, which is not infection, but just a slight imbalance in the urine.

You are not a bad person for feeling the way you do. I had friends and family tell me I should just lock him outside, or give him away, or even put him down, but I just couldn't bring myself to do any of those things. I hope you can find a solution. I know how tough it is!

hug
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Sep 26 10:40 am

Behavior & Training > 5 am wake up call Please help!
Leaf

Must kick and- shred!

Purred: Sat Aug 22, '09 11:26am PST 
I should add that I used to just sleep on mom's legs all night and everyone was happy. Not sure why I started being so pesty!
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Oliver, Aug 30 8:09 pm

Behavior & Training > 5 am wake up call Please help!

Leaf

Must kick and- shred!

Purred: Sat Aug 22, '09 11:25am PST 
Hey everyone. I have been away from Catster for a while because Mom has been super busy, but we are having a problem and need your help!

I wake up Mom EVERY morning at 5 am sharp and she is really unhappy about this! Mom and Dad sleep on a loft, and I love to run up and down the ladder, and I also love that I can go up there whenever I please since there is no door on the loft. Every morning at 5:00 am on the minute, I start scratching the corner of the bed, (the bed is getting destroyed) meowing, and even scratching mom's feet under the covers. She gets really annoyed and has started keep a squirt bottle on her night stand to stop me from doing this. I hate being squirted, and I run down the ladder. I always come right back in a minute or 2 to wake her up again.

Mom thought it was because I ran out of food, so she bought me an auto feeder that she puts out before bed, so I always have lots of food to munch on at night. She says I am driving her crazy and she wants to put me in the basement at night so she can sleep. Dad thinks the basement is mean, but he doesn't care because I only bother Mom. Last night I started pestering her at 1 am and woke her up every single hour until she got up for work at 7.

This morning my brother Yoda was snuggled up with mom and I decided to attack him on the bed and wake up mom again! Then we run around the loft chasing eachother and climbing over Mom's head! Woohoo!

Any ideas besides putting me in the basement at night? It is tough since we live in a one room studio, with the only other room being the bathroom.

Thanks for any ideas!
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Oliver, Aug 30 8:09 pm

Food & Nutrition > Good medium priced cat foods?

Leaf

Must kick and- shred!

Purred: Mon Oct 13, '08 8:05pm PST 
I also recommend TOTW, but ideally I believe the diet should be mostly canned food. Canned has been great for all of us here. You could try to buy in cases if a discount is given for that. Our local pet store doesn't give case discounts unfortunately, but it is worth asking!
[notify]

» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by dino, Jan 3 12:08 am

Food & Nutrition > Does fishy cat food go bad faster?

Leaf

Must kick and- shred!

Purred: Mon Oct 13, '08 8:02pm PST 
Now that you mention it, I think we do the same thing. Good question! thinking
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Leaf, Oct 13 8:02 pm

Food & Nutrition > Who uses pill pockets?
Leaf

Must kick and- shred!

Purred: Mon Oct 6, '08 9:54am PST 
Mom just went to the store and bought salmon flavor pill pockets. I ate it up! I just need more variety in my life! laugh out loud
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Leaf, Oct 6 9:54 am

Leaf

Must kick and- shred!

Purred: Mon Oct 6, '08 7:06am PST 
For the last week, I refuse my pill pockets! I actually run away from them when Mom puts it in front of me. Mom has not been able to get me my pill for days now! She doesn't know what to do. I am too smart for pill pockets now!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Leaf, Oct 6 9:54 am

Food & Nutrition > What do you think of California Natural?

Leaf

Must kick and- shred!

Purred: Fri Sep 26, '08 4:34am PST 
I hate to think that they changed the formula. We did gladly eat some turkey/salmon formula last night though.

I did notice the other thread about CN. I am pretty sure they are referring to dry food. We eat mostly wet food here and only tried the cans.

Thanks for all the input!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sep 27 7:31 am

Leaf

Must kick and- shred!

Purred: Fri Sep 26, '08 4:31am PST 
Last night I was very careful when putting the pills in the pockets. I also rolled them into a ball and Leaf ate them up like he used to! Thanks for the tip. Hopefully we can keep this up! applause
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Leaf, Oct 6 9:54 am

Cat Health > Milo has what seems like a human cold?
Leaf

Must kick and- shred!

Purred: Thu Sep 25, '08 5:13pm PST 
How are you feeling Milo? Hope you're doing better! wave
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Milo, Sep 26 11:07 pm

(Page 1 of 39: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.