Postings by Blazer (itty bitty angel baby)

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Forever our Blazer Baby
Blazer (itty- bitty angel- baby)

Forever our- Blazer Baby!

Purred: Mon Mar 10, '14 2:31pm PST 
Thank you so very much Smitty for reading her story! It means a lot!!! hug
[notify]

» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by Blazer (itty bitty angel baby), Mar 10 2:31 pm

Purred: Sun Mar 9, '14 6:30pm PST 
5 years! Where has the time gone?? FIVE years ago today you left us, to let your poor body rest and heal from the ordeal of the fire. You were so strong, so brave, I have no proper words to describe how brave you were in life, and especially in death. I miss you always, and wear a locket with your picture and your sister, Tootsie's (who died 4 months after). I love and miss you every day of the year, but on March 9, I feel your loss all the more! We will light your candle tonight, to help you see how much you are STILL loved! That is why I keep this thread going every year, as another tribute to your amazing life! (Thank you Catster for not closing the community, I don't know what I would have done!!)

Until the day we meet again in heaven, darling Blazer, I will love you forever!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Blazer (itty bitty angel baby), Mar 10 2:31 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > One year anniversary

Purred: Sat Mar 9, '13 8:08am PST 
I'm sorry I found this after the anniversary of your loss, but you are in the right place, this community is wonderful, and we all know the depths of your pain! You will never forget (as a matter of fact, today is the 4 year anniversary of Blazer's passing, and here I am!) Much love to you, and it's OK to feel their losses!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Beep, Mar 10 8:07 pm

Purred: Sat Mar 9, '13 8:03am PST 
4 years, I can't believe it was 4 years ago today since Blazer left us! And here I am, again, to honor her incredible life! She was braver than either myself or her daddy, and I am still in awe of her strength to walk through the burning house! This is why I am compelled to share her story, and renew this thread every year. I was unable to save her in her life, so I must save her incredible story and share her life with you all now! We thank you ALL for your words of comfort, they have all touched me deeply, and I can't thank you enough for your compassion! We of course, are kitty parents again, but no one will ever take the place of our Blazer Baby! rainbow
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Blazer (itty bitty angel baby), Mar 10 2:31 pm

Purred: Thu Mar 8, '12 6:54pm PST 
Yet another year since Blazer was taken from us. I have been spontaneously crying here and there all week, and we are planning a candle lighting for her tomorrow night after I get home from work. The pain of her loss is amazingly still very real, I look outside at my front yard at the spot we found her while we were talking to the Fire Chief in the pre-dawn hours on 3/7/09. She was the epitome of bravery, strength, and love. She miraculously walked through fire to find us, why could'nt I have found her before escaping the fire that night, I still don't understand, and I never will.

Our Blazer Baby, it was a miracle you survived as an abandoned kitten, and an even bigger miracle that you survived the fire at all. I will NEVER forget you or your bravery, our the power of your love. In what would be our last
moment with you (which we didn't know at that time), you head butted my chest so strongly & purred, we thought you were getting better, but we later realized 2 extremely short hours later that you were telling us "goodbye for now mommy & daddy, I'm happy we made it, and I will see you at the Rainbow Bridge someday"
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Blazer (itty bitty angel baby), Mar 10 2:31 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I\'ve been gone almost 5 months & Mom is still grieving...

Purred: Fri Jul 1, '11 12:28am PST 
hug It's OK, and it's completely understandable, don't let ANYONE tell you to "get over it" or to "move on"! Blazer Baby has been gone over 2 years, and Tootsie's anniversary of joining her at the Bridge is July 22, and I STILL feel great pain and loss! I wear that silent pain as a testament to our never ending parental bond. Some days I can now smile, but many times I do still cry. Your baby was so lucky to have had a long, happy life with you, and you will be together someday!!! Until then, you have your memories, and of course, this forum for comfort and unconditional understanding!!! rainbow
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Blazer (itty bitty angel baby), Jul 1 12:28 am

Cat Health > Angel had a seizure :(

Purred: Wed Jun 22, '11 11:44am PST 
My Blazer Baby was also in tip top health...except for her occasional seizures. She would have them once or twice a year, and aside from that, she was perfectly fine. She'd be post-ictal for the rest of the day after the actual seizure (tired, weak), but the next day, acted like nothing happened. Our vet said that some cats may just have seizures without a known cause, and as long as they aren't repeatedly ocurring one after another, or they don't last too long, all you can do is maintain their safety. Blazer would get scared when one would start, sometimes she'd be lying on my lap, and a seizure would start, and she'd try to jump off my lap, which was not good because she lost coordination during the seizure. Make sure she's on the floor, monitor her breathing, and speak to her gently, let her know it will be OK. If it reoccurs several in a day or if it's not stopping after a few minutes, get her back to the vet ASAP, there are anti-seizure meds that can be given. It is also very possible and very likely she'll never have one again, but if she does, you'll know what to do! (P.S., I'm a nurse who used to work on a neurological floor, so I've seen many seizures in humans, as well as in Blazer).

Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Blazer (itty bitty angel baby), Jun 22 11:44 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My beautiful Molly is gone...

Purred: Wed Mar 9, '11 9:37am PST 
There is no such thing as "she/he was JUST a cat" and that simply infuriates me whenever I hear someone utter those vile words! We don't have human children, we have our cats, and my husband and I adore them. 2 years ago today I lost my Blazer, who was going on 16, I had bottle fed her as a kitten, so I know what your pain is like, and this community is a wonderful place to reach out to those who truly know what is in your heart, and how large a piece is now missing. We lost both our cats in 09, and while we have rescued other kitties and love them, the love you have for each one is so different! I know Blazer guided us to find Amber, and then Tootsie guided us to rescue Topaz...when the time is just right, Molly will paw-pick the perfect kittty who needs the love you gave to her in her life!

Be good to yourself, cry when you need to, and don't let anyone make you feel foolish!

~Heather
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Natalie the Natcat, Forever, Mar 10 6:57 pm

Purred: Wed Mar 9, '11 9:27am PST 
Another year has come and gone; 2 years ago today our darling, and BRAVE Blazer Baby crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

The pain is still very raw, and while I don't blame myself ALL the time, I still feel so badly and ask her forgiveness for not finding her in time. I hope it's OK that I renew her post, but her heroism, strength and love was so enormous, I feel in her honor, I must remind everyone of her precious life...and untimely death.

I don't know if it's strange, but we had pictures taken of us holding her after she passed away, and to us, they are so precious, the final moments we spent together, I will never forget how it felt to hold her for the last time. The hardest, most painful moment of my life was when I had to reluctantly hand her over to the vet tech. My arms ached from holding her for hours, but let me tell you, it was an ache I never wanted to go away!

God bless you Blazer Baby! Mommy and Daddy have never stopped loving you or missing you! We wish so much you were still with us, you would love the new house, and I try to imagine you sitting in the sunny spots! I hope you're having fun, playing with Tootsie, and having all the ice cream, cream cheese, and all the other treats you loved when you were ours here on earth!
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Blazer (itty bitty angel baby), Mar 10 2:31 pm

Purred: Tue Mar 9, '10 6:38pm PST 
Today marks the 1 year anniversary of the day Blazer Baby went to the Rainbow Bridge. I can't believe it's been a year, I still cry and mourn both her and Tootsie. I lit a candle for her and Mark and I meditated together and cried. We cry for her past, her suffering, and for the fact that she is not with us in our new home. We re-built on the property of the house fire, and we've been here since November, but it's not the same without Blazer or Tootsie, despite the fact that they have led new needy kitties into our lives; Amber, Topaz, and Dasher.

Blazer, you are ALWAYS in our hearts, and I hope you know how much we STILL love you! You fought your way out of the burning house, and survived long enough to see us all safe and sound together, before letting yourself pass onto the Rainbow Bridge!!!!
xoxoxoxoxo
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Blazer (itty bitty angel baby), Mar 10 2:31 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.