GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Behavior & Training > Changes in habits
Snoopy

Purred: Sat Mar 1, '14 7:36am PST 
What causes cats to change "some" of their habits? She is eating well and acting normally otherwise but she has stopped jumping up in my lap when I'm here at the computer. She had been doing this for years. I couldn't hardly sit down at the computer without her. She still cuddles with me otherwise but has dropped this habit. A few years ago, she dropped another habit that she used to do. She used to cuddle with me while I was laying on my couch but she stopped that. But, she is still cuddling with me at other times. I never did figure that one out either. It's just strange to me. What makes them drop habits when they're not sick, etc.?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 1 7:36 am

Choosing the Right Cat > Cat or kitten adoption?
Snoopy

Purred: Thu Aug 22, '13 2:30pm PST 
As for cat or kitten, I agree with the cat option because you can tell how they are now. And as for the fur, I have a Himalayan and yes, she sheds but not near as much as I thought she might. I brush her and it makes a big difference. Now, Gabielle, you asked about how to keep your cat off of your furniture, I have a fabric couch and my cat loved to jump up on the top of the back and lay there forever. Well, I learned online that if you place aluminum foil on the furniture you don't want them laying on, that they won't touch it. I covered the top of this couch with foil. She jumped up there one time and hasn't been back since and this was several years ago. She couldn't stand the noise. She won't even get on any part of this couch now. I know you probably don't want to cover all of your furniture with foil but maybe just your cats favorite spots might help. Good luck.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 22 2:30 pm

Cat Health > Is it something I'm doing to cause this?

Snoopy

Purred: Tue Sep 18, '12 3:12pm PST 
Hi everyone. I use the Advantage flea drops on my Himalayan cat. Most of the time, she is fine but there has been two times that she has lost her hair where it was applied. I realize that this is a side effect from the Advantage but why just occasionally? Is it the fact that maybe more of it was applied to her skin these two times than others? Can anyone explain this? Thanks for your help!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Sep 21 8:12 am

Behavior & Training > Is this the norm for cats

Snoopy

Purred: Mon Jan 17, '11 4:43am PST 
I'm beginning to think that the ole phrase "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" should be "You can't teach an old cat new tricks". Always in the past each night when she would cuddle with me, my husband would be downstairs. But, the last several weeks he has been upstairs with us. Last night, he was downstairs and it was just me and my cat. She jumps up in my lap and cuddles up with me like "ole times". This makes me wonder if it was the change she didn't like. This morning, she is doing the same. Could this have been the problem? Thanks everyone for your time and suggestions!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jan 19 7:36 am

Behavior & Training > Is this the norm for cats

Snoopy

Purred: Sun Jan 16, '11 5:22am PST 
My cat is about 8 years old. I got her when she was about 6 weeks old. As long as I've had her, she has always wanted to be a lap cat and cuddled with me every day and sometimes for more than an hour at a time and loved every minute of it. For the last several weeks, IF she gets in my lap at all, I'm lucky if she stays 10 minutes. She will occasionally get in my husband's lap but still she doesn't stay long with him either. Other than this, she is still acting normal. She still is playing, jumping up on furniture begging for your attention and wanting to be petted, etc but NOT in my lap. She still is eating normally. There hasn't been any changes with myself or my home either so I'm puzzled. She has gotten me spoiled now and I miss my cat. Is this normal for cats to make this kind of change?
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jan 19 7:36 am

Behavior & Training > Has your cat did this?
Snoopy

Purred: Fri Oct 31, '08 12:19pm PST 
Hello everyone. We will get up some mornings and our cat has had an accident. There will be poop in the middle of her bed and then some on the floor but no where near her bed. This only happens during the night and it's not every night but occasionally. It happened last night and it's been a few days or weeks since it has happened before now. It's like she does it in her sleep and it sticks to her and if falls off of her onto the floor. It's solid and isn't like she's sick. Actually, she eats and acts like nothing is wrong. I've washed her bed but that doesn't make a difference. Does anyone have a clue as to what is going on? Does this sound familiar to anyone? Thanks for your time!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 31 12:54 pm

Food & Nutrition > True or False

Snoopy

Purred: Sun Jul 20, '08 4:58am PST 
Yesterday I found some food close by that was recommended, Wellness Core. Although it is a lot more expensive than what I've been using, the guy told me that with premium brand foods, pets don't eat as much so then the cost is balanced. I had read this online also but I would rather hear it from people who have tried it first. Also, this food claims to cut down on hairballs. With what she's been eating, she may have a hairball about 2 or 3 times a year. Does this Wellness Core work this good for hairballs? Thanks everyone!
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jul 21 11:58 am

Cat Health > Is this normal when changing food?

Snoopy

Purred: Sat Jul 19, '08 5:17am PST 
This picture is a little outdated. I was trying to switch her over to Nutro Max Weight Control from Nutro Max Indoor. She isn't really fat right now but getting close. I thought before she really got fat I should start trying to control her weight. Is this food expensive? I can't afford to spend a lot of money on her food. Is there something I can feed her that is good for her but doesn't cost a lot also? I put her back on the Nutro Max Indoor yesterday and so far everything looks good. She hasn't had any accidents like she did with the Weight control. Thanks everyone for your help!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jul 19 7:26 am

Snoopy

Purred: Fri Jul 18, '08 7:12am PST 
Now I'm wondering if she is allergic to it because I have been making the switch much slower than recommended and she has been having semi-soft stools now on and off but mostly on for about two weeks. I hadn't thought of the possibility of her being allergic to it but that would explain why her stools are still too soft. Thanks everyone for your replies!
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jul 19 7:26 am

Snoopy

Purred: Thu Jul 17, '08 3:45pm PST 
Hi everyone! I have a Himalayan female cat who is about 5 or 6 years old. I'm in the process of changing my cat's food. The old and new are made by Nutro Max. I am following the directions on the bag as to how much to mix the new with the old. She was doing fine for several days. I realize that a change in food upsets their stomachs for a while. Yesterday and today, she has had semi-soft stools and doesn't seem to be herself. Is this normal during the change over sometimes? Thanks for your time.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jul 19 7:26 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.