Postings by Charlie Bear Nubbins

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Cats & Travel > Small kittens on "long" car rides
Charlie Bear- Nubbins

Fat Boy

Purred: Mon Aug 14, '06 4:42pm PST 
My boyfriend and I are going to Maine for 4 days starting this Thursday. It is a 1.5 hour drive from where we live. We've decided to go back to a foster home and adopt a very small kitten (though she is about 5 months old) after we get back.

When I was younger, we used to take my cat to Maine every weekend (the same distance in the car). Part of me wants to go get this new kitten now and take her with us, but my boyfriend thinks it would be "traumatizing". I can see his point, but I'm worried someone else might snatch her up now that we know for sure we want to take her in.

What should we do?
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Hekuba, Aug 27 3:12 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > what is your kittys birthstone???
Charlie Bear- Nubbins

Fat Boy

Purred: Sun Aug 13, '06 10:35am PST 
I was born on March 24th, and according to our vet Maddie was born nearly exactly one year after me!

I guess that makes us both Aquamarine, just like our mommy. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Bravo, Aug 17 5:39 pm

Cat Health > Charlie won't eat (or drink) :(

Charlie Bear- Nubbins

Fat Boy

Purred: Thu Jun 29, '06 7:10pm PST 
Just to update everyone once again, Charlie still isn't eatting or drinking on his own. He won't even eat the tuna now.

We have been giving him water through an eyedropper, as well as his meds. We've also been giving him canned food mixed with water (so that we can give it to him through the dropper), and sometimes watered down baby food (chicken/turkey without onion powder). He has been looking a little better. We called the vet today and he said just to keep doing what we're doing.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Lilibet Squeekietoy Humphrey, Jun 30 11:36 pm

Charlie Bear- Nubbins

Fat Boy

Purred: Tue Jun 27, '06 11:43am PST 
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and advice. Charlie is on amoxicillan, and I"m pretty sure the only reason for it is because he was running a fever at the vet yesterday. It turned out that he didn't have a problem with his teeth, he had an injury to his bottom front gums from "jumping and not quite making it" (according to the vet). His mouth was bleeding badly while we were there (I didn't even notice it at home). I don't know why he didn't give him anything for pain. Probably because Charlie didn't meow once while he was poking around in his mouth, but that's just because he's a really good boy at the vet. frown

I figure he isn't wanting to eat because his mouth hurts, but if he's eatting tuna (which I really don't want to keep giving him) then he must be hungry and willing to eat SOMETHING. We will try to baby food thing and the dehydration tests. I can't really do anything with his gums because of his injury, though. They ARE pink and normal looking at the top, though. I saw them yesterday when the vet was checking him out.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Lilibet Squeekietoy Humphrey, Jun 30 11:36 pm

Charlie Bear- Nubbins

Fat Boy

Purred: Tue Jun 27, '06 5:49am PST 
This is kind of a continuation of my "toothache?" post, but with different questions. I hope it's alright that I post another time with this.

Charlie went to the vet and he said he should be fine with the antibiotics and all of that. Well, he still isn't drinking water and he won't eat. His daddy and I bought him canned food, and he won't touch the stuff. He won't eat his dry food, either. The only thing he will eat (and by eat I mean lick for a few seconds) is tuna. I know tuna isn't good for kitties in large amounts.

What else could I try feeding him? I'm really worried about the poor big guy.
[notify]

» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Lilibet Squeekietoy Humphrey, Jun 30 11:36 pm

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Collar websites?
Charlie Bear- Nubbins

Fat Boy

Purred: Mon Jun 26, '06 1:33pm PST 
What are some good websites with pretty collars for kitties? Charlie needs a new one (Maddie chews on the one he has and it's about to fall off), and I'd like to get him something nice.

Thanks everyone!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Jun 26 1:43 pm

Cat Health > Toothache?

Charlie Bear- Nubbins

Fat Boy

Purred: Mon Jun 26, '06 1:03pm PST 
I just wanted to let everyone know that we are home from the vet, and Charlie is fine. It turns out that he had tried to jump somewhere (we don't know where, but he does like to get on the fridge) and didn't quite make it. His bottom middle gums were torn away from his teeth, and they are bleeding badly. frown I feel bad that I didn't notice any bleeding. He got a shot and is on some antibiotics now. He's going to be fine!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Lilibet Squeekietoy Humphrey, Jun 27 7:18 pm

Behavior & Training > Declawing: against or for?

Charlie Bear- Nubbins

Fat Boy

Purred: Mon Jun 26, '06 6:23am PST 
We are completely against declawing! I had a cat in the 1980's that was declawed (I was about 3 at the time), but my parents didn't know any better then. She was an odd kitty, I guess, because she still went outside and brought home dead moles and things. I have no idea why my parents thought declawing an outside kitty was a good idea, but I've told them what it actually is since then. Now they want to adopt a kitten, but they will not declaw ever again.

Charlie would be absolutely LOST without his claws. He is a scratcher, but he ONLY scratched his post. I feel bad for kitties who have this done to them. frown
[notify]

» There has since been 109 posts. Last posting by Deuce, May 12 2:41 pm

Cat Health > Toothache?

Charlie Bear- Nubbins

Fat Boy

Purred: Mon Jun 26, '06 5:43am PST 
I hope you get better soon, Squeakers!

Charlie ate a bit of tuna last night (his first tuna ever). I tried to get him to drink some water, but he just took one lick at it and turned his head away. He slept with me last night like he did when he was a tiny boy. We're going to call the vet in 20 minutes (when they open) and see if they can take him today. Hopefully they can.

Thanks for your advice, everyone. I'll keep you updated on the poor guy's condition.

ETA: Good news! After calling 4 vets (ugh), we got Charlie an appointment for 2:30 today. I'm feeling a lot better about him hurting now that I know he will be treated. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Lilibet Squeekietoy Humphrey, Jun 27 7:18 pm

Cat Health > Toothache?
Charlie Bear- Nubbins

Fat Boy

Purred: Sun Jun 25, '06 5:47pm PST 
Thanks for the quick reply, Hunter. I haven't seen him drink any water today, but I guess that doesn't mean he hasn't. Maddie and Charlie both have those automatic water bowls, so it's always at the same level even if they drink a lot out of it. We're definitely going to try to get him to the vet tomorrow.

He's never had people food before, but I suppose a bit of tuna would be fine seeing as though he hasn't eatten today. He's a fatty boy so usually he does eat a lot.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Lilibet Squeekietoy Humphrey, Jun 27 7:18 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.