Postings by Binks

GO!

(Page 1 of 111: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > has any cat had gall bladder surgery?
Binks

Little boy in a- cat suit

Purred: Wed Nov 18, '09 1:43am PST 
I haven't, but my mommy has. She also had a retained stone in the bile duct. Once it was all taken care of, she felt much better. And the recovery went very well.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Binks, Nov 18 1:43 am

Cat Health > Nail Polish
Binks

Purred: Sat Jul 25, '09 3:14pm PST 
Phew... the poison control center says I'm going to be okay. It costs $60 to call them, but it's worth it!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 25 3:37 pm

Cat Health > Nail Polish

Binks

Purred: Sat Jul 25, '09 2:48pm PST 
My sister was painting her nails and I licked a little off the top of the bottle before she noticed. It's been about 20 minutes and mom has been scouring the internet looking for information on whether this is serious. So far, I'm okay. Mom knows that, if ingested, nail polish is toxic. However, since I didn't get much - just a tiny lick - mom is wondering if she needs to panic. Quite honestly, she might already be panicking, but hasn't rushed me to the ER yet.

Any advice?

(Mom is on the phone with the ASPCA Poison Control hotline right now... $60 is worth it for the peace of mind!)
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 25 3:37 pm

Cat Health > Nervous!

Binks

Purred: Fri Jun 26, '09 3:37pm PST 
Glad you're doing well, Bailey. Tooth stuff isn't fun, but it's a good thing you had it done. I know your mom is happy to have you home!!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Bailey, Jun 30 8:22 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I have passed to the rainbow bridge...

Binks

Purred: Tue May 19, '09 9:08pm PST 
I just saw this post and am very sad to hear that Matilda has gone to the bridge. But she had such a wonderful life and was so well taken care of. I know she has taken all that love with her. What a beautiful angel kitty she makes!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Oscar-Teaching Angels to Love, Jun 12 5:40 pm

Cat Health > i am scheduled for surgery 17/02/09
Binks

Purred: Mon Feb 16, '09 9:16pm PST 
Sending purrs!
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by merlin, Feb 18 2:03 pm

Cats & Travel > Leaving my baby when I deploy to Afghanistan

Binks

Purred: Mon Feb 9, '09 8:57pm PST 
Is it possible to make a recording of his meow and get it on an ipod to take with you? (I'm slow to learn new technology... is that possible?) Maybe hearing him will help you feel closer to him until you get back. With your mom taking care of him, I feel it is you who needs more comforting. You are amazing to make the sacrifice you do for your country. I know your mom (and your baby) are proud of you.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Binks, Feb 9 8:57 pm

Cat Health > De-Clawed

Binks

Purred: Tue Jan 27, '09 12:09pm PST 
The blood was probably pooled up at the surface and burst out. As long as it doesn't continue, and it looks like he is healing, I wouldn't worry about it. And just because he is declawed, doesn't mean he won't enjoy a scratching post or pad. It still feels good to their paws and is natural behavior. Just something to think about when he is all healed (not right now, though). I'm glad you'll be keeping him inside. I think he will be just fine. Just the fact that you are so actively seeking information about his welfare tells me that you will make sure he is well taken care of!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Frodo, Feb 1 6:48 pm

Cat Health > De-Clawed

Binks

Purred: Thu Jan 22, '09 5:45pm PST 
He doesn't need bandages. He WILL need to use a paper-based litter, though - at least for a couple of weeks, I think (like Yesterday's News). Be sure his paws stay clean and that you limit his activity.
[notify]

» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Frodo, Feb 1 6:48 pm

Cat Health > Retrabution or Possible UTI?
Binks

Purred: Sun Jan 4, '09 4:46pm PST 
I don't think it's a UTI. Of course, I would watch him after your sister and her kids leave. But it sounds like territory marking to me. He obviously didn't like the "invaders" for whatever reason, and decided that they needed to know that this was his home. Possibly they smelled like other animals. Or maybe the movements of the children were so new to him (a four-year-old boy can be quite energetic) that he thought that at least the youngest one must have been another animal.

My advice would be to clean the smell out using an enzyme cleaner made for feline urine/feces. And watch him to be sure he doesn't do it again. If it continues, especially after your guests leave, I would take him in for a check-up. Until then, is there a way you can keep him in a separate room, away from your company, so that he can feel safe? You might also check into getting Feliway, a diffuser that emits a feline facial pherimone (sp?) that makes them feel more at ease, or use Rescue Remedy in his water.

Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jan 5 3:51 pm

(Page 1 of 111: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.