Postings by Darvalo

GO!

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I'll always love you Darv

Darvalo

Unkie Darv

Purred: Mon Sep 18, '06 2:49pm PST 
I've moved to a remote community and a week ago my boy suddenly couldn't move his back legs. I put him on the first flight out the next morning, and the hospital in Winnipeg picked him up. He had a thrombosis which had shifted and blocked an artery going into his hindquarters and there was nothing to be done.

I flew out on the next flight to be with him and hold his paw when they put him down, but he died on his own before I got there. I think that's what makes me the most upset about the whole thing. I put him on that plane on his own and went to work, thinking I would see him that afternoon, even if the decision was to put him down.

Now little Hekuba and I are on our own and we miss him so much.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Dexter - beloved angel, Sep 22 3:54 pm

Cats & Travel > Moving an Older Cat
Darvalo

Unkie Darv

Purred: Tue Jun 13, '06 10:37am PST 
I'll be moving at the end of the summer too, not just to a new home, but with a new kitten! I have always lived in a house with lots of other animals and plenty of barn cats hanging around outside, so just one kitten is sure to be much quieter.

Give this new dog a fair shot and make sure you have a slow introduction phase where your mum gives you a safe place to be just yours while you get used to each other.

Don't worry about being too old. You may not be able to teach an old dog new tricks, but cats are smarter than that.
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Merlin (1996 - 2007), Aug 18 9:06 am

Behavior & Training > I'm not adjusting...

Darvalo

Unkie Darv

Purred: Sat Jun 3, '06 11:55pm PST 
You may not like to hear this, but your mum could start to give you regular baths to help your new dad not be so allergic to you. What makes most people allergic is the stuff in your spit that you put on your fur when you groom. I don't know how you feel about baths, but my friends Karma and Artemis get baths regularly to help their daddy out. They started getting baths right from when they were kittens though, so it was easier to get used to.

Also, mum can see what sorts of cuddly beds you might like, or perhaps your own little tent. One of my cousins here and Grandma's loves sleeping in HER tent and won't let anyone else in it. Perhaps having your own special space will help... with something of mummy's in it, of course.
[notify]

» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Ling, Jun 17 10:45 am

Behavior & Training > Twitching?

Darvalo

Unkie Darv

Purred: Fri Jun 2, '06 10:36am PST 
You don't need to worry about the twitching unless you also have some other problems with it. Mum says she had another cat the year she lived in China (the nerve of her!) that had epilepsy. She says Elly would get twitchy and her eyes would be super dilated. She would shake and twist around and drool. Mum says it was very scary to watch. I can belive it! After that Elly would be dopey and uncoordinated for up to half an hour then be happy and playful again. She wasn't able to get a vet for my Chinese cousin though. Vets in other parts of the world can help kitties with epilepsy.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by F.E.R.A., Jul 5 12:38 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.