Postings by Rocky Ann Forever

GO!

(Page 1 of 154: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Senior Cats > Keeping an old kitty healthy
Rocky Ann- Forever

Hello Kitty

Purred: Wed Jan 11, '12 1:26pm PST 
Wilbur I agree with Angel Alex. I also ate Science Diet for a large part of my life and I also got Kidney Disease. I was 16yrs old when diagnosed and lived with it to almost my 19th Birthday.

Mommy has learned so much since and is alot smarter with Zack and Zoey (2 yrs old now). They eat only canned grain free food. And they love it.

To keep an older kitty healthy I would recommend grainfree canned cat food or raw feeding. A water fountain is a good idea to make sure they are hydrated enough. Also with the food for Z & Z, Mommy trys to keep to canned foods that aren't the highest on the list with phosphorus and sodium. Some flavors in some good brands are very high. Good to read the ingredients information just like with people food.

US Canned Food Data

little angel
[notify]

» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Patricia, Apr 15 8:27 pm

Cat Health > My Cat Has to be Sedated for His Annual Exam?
Rocky Ann- Forever

Hello Kitty

Purred: Sun Oct 2, '11 11:27am PST 
Here is a picture of Rocky Ann wearing the cat muzzle. It was soft and had velcro closure. Easy to wipe clean. I think we got it on ebay but you can also buy them on cat sites. I like using it on her alot better than giving medication. I would take it off when she was in the carrier ready to leave the vet and all was fine.

Cat Muzzle
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Mya, Oct 8 5:02 am

Cat Health > My Cat Has to be Sedated for His Annual Exam?

Rocky Ann- Forever

Hello Kitty

Purred: Sun Oct 2, '11 11:21am PST 
I can totally relate. When Rocky Ann (she is an angel now) was little she would get so stressed out going to the Vet. So one vet suggested that we give her a pill to calm her. And it did. She was just relaxed not out. She would be a little wobbly till it wore off. I really didn't care for that part though. If we didn't give her a pill then the Vet would actually have to put a towel over her to give her the shot. So everything went quickly but no exam could be given.

Later in her teen years, I saw a soft muzzle advertised. So that is what we used for many years and that worked out well. She was calmer and also couldn't bite anyone. It was for everyone's safety. The vet was very thankful that we did that.

Rocky Ann always had alot of spunk and she lived to almost her 19th birthday.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Mya, Oct 8 5:02 am

Behavior & Training > Not loving daddy....

Rocky Ann- Forever

Hello Kitty

Purred: Thu Aug 19, '10 9:08pm PST 
My husband picked our Angel Rocky Ann from a litter when she was so small as their mom had gotten killed. He brought her home to us. He loved her so much. She did not feel the same! She lived almost 19 years and never took to him. All other animals love him. He even use to do her morning feedings and she would hiss at him while waiting to get her food. We never could understand it except that she loved me so much and maybe didnt want to share me with anyone.

Luckily our new kitties Zack and Zoey love their Daddy! My husband is so happy about that.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Esme, Feb 23 6:55 pm

Behavior & Training > Chewing Plastic Bags?

Rocky Ann- Forever

Hello Kitty

Purred: Thu May 20, '10 6:34am PST 
I'm an Angel now but thruout my almost 19 years I was addicted to plastic bags. My Mommy tried to keep them away from me. Once when I was younger I got ahold of one and ate the whole bag!! Mommy saw something coming out my backend and it was the plastic bag. I passed the whole plastic grocery bag out my butt!!

eek

I was totally fine but was very very lucky. There is something in the plastic bag material that really attracts us to chew it, but please keep them away from your cats. They are very dangerous.

I would hear plastic and go running towards it. Mommy had to be quick to make sure that plastic bags were out of my paws and mouth.

Stay safe.

little angel
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by RADDY (my heart's darling), May 23 9:41 am

What I Love About Catster > White Star Whitester Day 2010
Rocky Ann- Forever

Hello Kitty

Purred: Fri Jan 15, '10 9:30am PST 
happy dance

Thank you SO much Cinderella for presenting me with your White Star Honor. What a wonderful surprise. I'm so honored!! You and your whole family have been such great friends to me all our time on Catster.

Thank you for being my friend and for this Honor.

Thank you Pure White Kitty Club!!!

applause hail
[notify]

» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by Mouse ♥, Jan 17 2:21 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > how many of u kitties where adopted from a shelter?

Rocky Ann- Forever

Hello Kitty

Purred: Fri Nov 20, '09 10:25pm PST 
I was adopted before I even got to a shelter.

Our litter was found outside the company where my Dad worked so many years ago and my Fur Mommy had been killed by a car. Instead of taking us to a shelter, Daddy and his coworkers decided to adopt us themselves. Whew!! Mommy even had to bottle feed me, I was so young.

happy dance I'm so happy for all you Kitties who found pawrents to adopt when they were visiting shelters!!
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Lily and Shadow, Jan 2 3:47 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Icebox is an Angel

Rocky Ann- Forever

Hello Kitty

Purred: Wed Oct 28, '09 9:57pm PST 
Iceblittle angelx,

We will miss you. You are pawsome in so many ways.

Lcryve,
Rocky Ann

hug
[notify]

» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by Mickey Mantle, Nov 17 7:20 pm

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > Canada Party July 1st!

Rocky Ann- Forever

Hello Kitty

Purred: Wed Jul 1, '09 10:30am PST 
Oh good, I'm just in time for LuLu's cake. YUMMY!!!!

partyparty HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!! partyparty

hamster dance happy dance hamster dance happy dance hamster dance
[notify]

» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Jake McCurdy, Jul 2 4:48 am

Cat of the Day & Week > Toulouse is Cat Of The Week
Rocky Ann- Forever

Hello Kitty

Purred: Tue Jun 16, '09 9:53pm PST 
cheer Way to go TOULOUSE!! cheer

CAT OF THE WEEK!!

happy dance A very well deserved Honor happy dance

balloons partyparty balloons partyparty balloons
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Zoe, Jun 23 5:40 pm

(Page 1 of 154: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.