Postings by Mordecai Sabestain

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Possibly looking for lap cat.
Mordecai- Sabestain

I\'m a tough guy- - shh no I am not

Purred: Sun Oct 6, '13 6:38pm PST 
Long story short, my Mom's cat recently passed away and I am just browsing around seeing if I find the perfect cat for her. She has a lot of health problems and her old cat Tiger would lay with her when her problems acted up. So I am trying to find a cat that she can love and it will love her back. We usually like to take in rescues or pets that are hard to adopt out like seniors or some special needs, depending on what the need is. I live near Detroit Michigan. Willing to travel up to four hours possibly.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mordecai Sabestain, Oct 6 6:38 pm

Raw Food Diet > Supplements and raw food diet
Mordecai- Sabestain

Purred: Tue Jul 30, '13 6:07pm PST 
Hello,

I am searching for a balanced diet for my little kitten, Abendigo, who does not yet have his own page set up. I've been searching through the different "balanced" recipes (I put it that way because I'm just starting out and don't assume everything I read on the internet is correct) and all of them require supplements, that I have read anyways. I just thought if it were truly a balanced diet they may not need supplements? Am I just looking in the wrong place? Is there a reason for adding the supplements? Any help is greatly appreciated. I would like to get him on the diet hopefully by next week if I can do enough research in time! Because he sure is growing up fast and I think it's probably the sooner the better! I heard someone say something about frankenprey once. But I don't really know much about that beyond the percentages. Is this a good diet? How do I know which meats, bones, and other stuff to feed them?

Thanks in advanced for your help.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Toby, Sep 8 6:28 am

Kitten Corner > How were you named?

Mordecai- Sabestain

Purred: Mon Jul 8, '13 4:29am PST 
Tiger - My brother and I were very little, so I have no idea! Maybe we liked tigers?:=D

Peppermint - I looooved eating anything peppermint and was also very little (Tiger's brother), so I named him Peppermint.

Mordecai - Started out as chewbaka, but it just wasn't fitting for such a sissy boy. Turned to names in the Bible and Mordecai was right fitting.

Ryelee - My brother came up with it

Galaxy - When this little girl crawled up to my porch I was star gazing and it seemed fitting for the beautiful girl.

Bella - Came with the name.

Abendigo - Another Bible name, plus it was different!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mordecai Sabestain, Jul 8 4:29 am

Raw Food Diet > New kitten want to try raw food diet!

Mordecai- Sabestain

Purred: Mon Jul 8, '13 4:22am PST 
I saw that off of catinfo.org that the recipe called for grinding most of it up. Are they all like this? Are there alternatives to grinding it up?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Jul 8 4:44 am

Cat Health > Abendigo and a bad case of diarrhea

Mordecai- Sabestain

Purred: Sun Jul 7, '13 7:06pm PST 
I recently became the guardian of a kitten, roughly 8 weeks old who has a bad case of diarrhea. The vet said this is because of the worms he had/has. And put him on a de-wormer a long with an anti-biotic type thing and revolution. Does this seem about right?

Also, he isn't cleaning himself and getting poo all over his back area and tail to the point he is pretty raw. Any suggestions? I try to keep him wiped down the best I can.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Trek, Jul 8 10:19 am

Kitten Corner > Abendigo
Mordecai- Sabestain

Purred: Sun Jul 7, '13 6:51pm PST 
Hello! It's been a long time since I've had a true kitten (my last few were 7+ months). So I'm mostly jut asking for any kitten advice! I know basic kitty things as my tribe consists of 5 others. Also, he has a really bad diarrhea issue. The vet says it's because he was loaded with worms and put him on a de-wormer, does this sound right? My regular vet had a four day weekend for the fourth so he had to go see a random vet. I don't trust "random" vets because I don't know them. :=)

Long story short on this little guy is that I went in for an interview July 5 and a kitten was found and I took him home. The next day I took him to see a vet and they bathed the dirty little guy and said he had worms and fleas, and that he is malnourished.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mordecai Sabestain, Jul 7 6:51 pm

Mordecai- Sabestain

Purred: Sun Jul 7, '13 6:44pm PST 
Abendigo (name of Kitty X) is having severe diarrhia will the raw cause any further problems? The vet is currently treating by putting him on a couple different de-wormers because he was loaded.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Jul 8 4:44 am

Mordecai- Sabestain

Purred: Sun Jul 7, '13 7:23am PST 
Hello,

Long story short a couple days ago I went for an interview and ended up coming home with a stray kitten to add to my tribe. The vet yesterday estimated he is about 8 weeks old, is he old enough for raw diet? Is raw better for cats than kibble, soft food, or home cooked? What are some advantages and disadvantages? Do you have any info on it? Like what to feed them, how much, and how to do it? Nutrient needs etc? I have never looked into it before with kitties. But since he is a kitten I figured it would be easier to start sooner than later.

-Kitty X(still determining name)
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Jul 8 4:44 am

Food & Nutrition > Homemade cat food?

Mordecai- Sabestain

Purred: Tue Mar 8, '11 8:37pm PST 
What do you mean exactly by handling it properly? How would to describe that? How would I know if the store handles it right and where the farm, butcher, etc??
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Mar 9 9:21 am

Raw Food Diet > Raw food? Recipies? Concerns?
Mordecai- Sabestain

Purred: Tue Mar 8, '11 8:35pm PST 
People have said basically "if it's handled right" but how does on know if it's been handled right when it's coming from some farm, to a butcher, to the store??? How is "proper" handling for at home as well?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mo, Mar 8 9:09 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.