Postings by Jabba the Cat

GO!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

Kitten Corner > can someone tell me the symptoms of a deaf kitten. thanks
Jabba the- Cat

PURRPURRPURR

Purred: Fri Dec 12, '08 11:20am PST 
Symptoms? Besides not being able to hear?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Riley, Dec 17 3:03 pm

Catster Railroad > ATTN RR Volunteers Needed
Jabba the- Cat

PURRPURRPURR

Purred: Thu Jun 26, '08 12:03pm PST 
A woman in oregon is interested in adopting a blind kitty from a high kill shelter in South Carolina who is due to be euthenized tomorrow. She is interested in setting up a RR to get this kitty to her. If anyone is in the area (SC) or knows about setting up RR's please contact her at herfatherseyes@comcast.net

Thank you!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jabba the Cat, Jun 26 12:03 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Greenville, SC Tons of kitties on euthenasia list please help!

Jabba the- Cat

PURRPURRPURR

Purred: Thu Jun 26, '08 7:19am PST 
Hello I am crossposting becasue these guys need immediate help and Catster peeps have been known to help.

Here is their message:

All of the animals on this list will be PTS tomorrow morning, we are out of space.

Email: animalcareservices@greenvillecounty.org greenvillecounty.org

If you cannot see the pictures, please, go to:

www.Noahs-Arks.net

and click on the purple Greenville Euthanize List Button

We are located in Greenville South Carolina , at 328 Furman hall Rd.

Our number is 467-3950 but we prefer e-mail because we also have other duties in the shelter and may not have a time to stop and answer the phone.

We can no longer hold these animals. I am sorry that this e-mail is so late but I have sent these cats out several times with no reply and we have been busy all week.

WE CAN NOT HOLD ANYONE THEY HAVE TO GO TODAY OR TOMORROW, no longer than this.

We appreciate all your help and continued support of the animal world that we are trying to change… one step at a time. J

Today there will not be numbers, but stories…. Each animal holds a place in our hearts, and I know you think there are so many how could you remember but once you give them a name and you clean, feed, water and play with them each day you remember that cat or dog you remember each little Lick, swat or purr they may send your way.

I send these e-mails out because I think every animal deserves a 2nd chance at life… no matter what. I know its heartbreaking to see them, and know there is nothing you can do, but there is you can spread this around to others who might be able to help and even though you personally did not pick that animal up, you made the first step, in getting them a new start on life.

There are dozens of small kittens, young mothers, doggies, owner surrenders and a poor disabled blind kitty like me who needs immediate rescuing.

Please go to the website to see pics as there are too many to show here.

If you are in the area or know someone who is please stop by and save a life.

Purrs and headbutts
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jabba the Cat, Jun 26 7:19 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > GREENVILLE, SC -- Tons of kitties of kitties on the Euthenasia list for 6/26

Jabba the- Cat

PURRPURRPURR

Purred: Thu Jun 26, '08 7:19am PST 
Hello I am crossposting becasue these guys need immediate help and Catster peeps have been known to help.

Here is their message:

All of the animals on this list will be PTS tomorrow morning, we are out of space.

If you cannot see the pictures, please, go to:

www.Noahs-Arks.net

and click on the purple Greenville Euthanize List Button

We are located in Greenville South Carolina , at 328 Furman hall Rd.

Our number is 467-3950 but we prefer e-mail because we also have other duties in the shelter and may not have a time to stop and answer the phone.

We can no longer hold these animals. I am sorry that this e-mail is so late but I have sent these cats out several times with no reply and we have been busy all week.

WE CAN NOT HOLD ANYONE THEY HAVE TO GO TODAY OR TOMORROW, no longer than this.

We appreciate all your help and continued support of the animal world that we are trying to change… one step at a time. J

Today there will not be numbers, but stories…. Each animal holds a place in our hearts, and I know you think there are so many how could you remember but once you give them a name and you clean, feed, water and play with them each day you remember that cat or dog you remember each little Lick, swat or purr they may send your way.

I send these e-mails out because I think every animal deserves a 2nd chance at life… no matter what. I know its heartbreaking to see them, and know there is nothing you can do, but there is you can spread this around to others who might be able to help and even though you personally did not pick that animal up, you made the first step, in getting them a new start on life.

There are dozens of small kittens, young mothers, doggies, owner surrenders and a poor disabled blind kitty like me who needs immediate rescuing.

Please go to the website to see pics as there are too many to show here.

If you are in the area or know someone who is please stop by and save a life.

Purrs and headbutts
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jabba the Cat, Jun 26 7:19 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Animal Rescuer Dead now her Pets Need Rescuing in Lousiana

Jabba the- Cat

PURRPURRPURR

Purred: Fri Jun 13, '08 8:41am PST 
Please read this sad story about these animals and help if you can, there is 1 cat (so far) and several dogs including a disabled one, can somone crosspost in Dogster Thank you!!!!

PLEASE CROSSPOST...NEED HELP FOR THESE PETS

Linda Potts, longtime rescuer in New Orleans, met an untimely death at age 49 on June 11, 2008. Officially classified as death from 'natural causes,' police report that there was no evidence of foul play. There seems to be conflicting opinions from neighbors, but the important thing right now is to get Linda's pets rescued and into foster or permanent homes.

Currently the pets are being held at the LA/SPCA and have been transferred in name to ARNO's foster/adoption program. We thank the LA/SPCA for allowing these pets to be housed for one week at their facilities. It is paramount that we move these pets to foster homes quickly, as the LA/SPCA and ARNO have zero space at their respective shelters.

--------------HERE IS THE LINEUP WITH PHOTOS ATTACHED - I'll e-mail photos if anyone wants just ask me aku_ryo@hotmail.com---------------

1. Blackie... (large) a handsome black lab that is just waiting for his next command... a good, good dog.

2. Lucky... (small) a precious white terrier mix, who reportedly is on daily heart meds. Scared, shaking a little, but sweet... just doesn't know what is happening.

3. Dixie or Trixie...(medium) a beautiful cream/red color, not sure of her name yet, a sweet, but scared girl who obviously misses her Mom. Possibly a collie mix?

4. Tuffy...(large) will be the toughest to place... this old man is blind (no eyes), and almost deaf. He is just an old, handsome pit mix. He was protective of Linda while living in the FEMA trailer, but seems to be quite gentlemanly at the shelter with strangers handling him. I am not sure Tuffy gets along well with other dogs, as Linda never left him alone with the others.

5. The only cat, though there was a black one that the police saw run away... This guy is not exactly happy, but we all know how cats can be... he looks nice and healthy, too. I will try to find out his name.

If you wish to foster or adopt any one of Linda's pets shown above please contact ARNO, not the LA/SPCA, email or phone at one of the numbers listed below... if you have any room in your rescue or home for just one, please consider. These pets have been through a traumatic event, had no contact with anyone for at least two days, then were picked up when the police called it in.

Please help if you can...so Linda can rest in peace. We would do the same for your pets if needed.

When crossposting make sure to include the photos so people can see these sweet peas. If you are fostering and not able, ARNO will list these pets on PetFinder, and we will help in any way we can. We are trying to find out which vet has their records, but in the event they need inoculations or health certificates we will be glad to do this at no charge for anyone willing to foster or adopt. We will also neuter the males after we have a foster or permanent home. All medicals at our vets will be included with accepting a pet into your home. There will be no adoption charge, but an application and vet reference will be required. If a rescue org. we will need a copy of your adoption application, contract and vet reference.
for the animals, always,
Charlotte
Charlotte Bass Lilly
ARNO
http://www.animalrescueneworleans.org
504.522.0222 desk & voice mail
504.289.2777 cell (no voice mail, but text away)
OR
Robin
Robin Beaulieu
ARNO Shelter Director
504.913.2328 cell & voice mail
(texting is fine, too)
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Athena (In Memory), Jun 13 10:10 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Animal Rescuer Dead but her pets need help‏ in Lousiana
Jabba the- Cat

PURRPURRPURR

Purred: Fri Jun 13, '08 8:39am PST 
Please read this sad story about these animals and help if you can, there is 1 cat (so far) and several dogs including a disabled one, can somone crosspost in Dogster Thank you!!!!

PLEASE CROSSPOST...NEED HELP FOR THESE PETS

Linda Potts, longtime rescuer in New Orleans, met an untimely death at age 49 on June 11, 2008. Officially classified as death from 'natural causes,' police report that there was no evidence of foul play. There seems to be conflicting opinions from neighbors, but the important thing right now is to get Linda's pets rescued and into foster or permanent homes.

Currently the pets are being held at the LA/SPCA and have been transferred in name to ARNO's foster/adoption program. We thank the LA/SPCA for allowing these pets to be housed for one week at their facilities. It is paramount that we move these pets to foster homes quickly, as the LA/SPCA and ARNO have zero space at their respective shelters.

--------------HERE IS THE LINEUP WITH PHOTOS ATTACHED - I'll e-mail photos if anyone wants just ask me aku_ryo@hotmail.com---------------

1. Blackie... (large) a handsome black lab that is just waiting for his next command... a good, good dog.

2. Lucky... (small) a precious white terrier mix, who reportedly is on daily heart meds. Scared, shaking a little, but sweet... just doesn't know what is happening.

3. Dixie or Trixie...(medium) a beautiful cream/red color, not sure of her name yet, a sweet, but scared girl who obviously misses her Mom. Possibly a collie mix?

4. Tuffy...(large) will be the toughest to place... this old man is blind (no eyes), and almost deaf. He is just an old, handsome pit mix. He was protective of Linda while living in the FEMA trailer, but seems to be quite gentlemanly at the shelter with strangers handling him. I am not sure Tuffy gets along well with other dogs, as Linda never left him alone with the others.

5. The only cat, though there was a black one that the police saw run away... This guy is not exactly happy, but we all know how cats can be... he looks nice and healthy, too. I will try to find out his name.

If you wish to foster or adopt any one of Linda's pets shown above please contact ARNO, not the LA/SPCA, email or phone at one of the numbers listed below... if you have any room in your rescue or home for just one, please consider. These pets have been through a traumatic event, had no contact with anyone for at least two days, then were picked up when the police called it in.

Please help if you can...so Linda can rest in peace. We would do the same for your pets if needed.

When crossposting make sure to include the photos so people can see these sweet peas. If you are fostering and not able, ARNO will list these pets on PetFinder, and we will help in any way we can. We are trying to find out which vet has their records, but in the event they need inoculations or health certificates we will be glad to do this at no charge for anyone willing to foster or adopt. We will also neuter the males after we have a foster or permanent home. All medicals at our vets will be included with accepting a pet into your home. There will be no adoption charge, but an application and vet reference will be required. If a rescue org. we will need a copy of your adoption application, contract and vet reference.
for the animals, always,
Charlotte
Charlotte Bass Lilly
ARNO
http://www.animalrescueneworleans.org
504.522.0222 desk & voice mail
504.289.2777 cell (no voice mail, but text away)
OR
Robin
Robin Beaulieu
ARNO Shelter Director
504.913.2328 cell & voice mail
(texting is fine, too)
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Giotto (angel now), Jun 14 4:03 pm

Behavior & Training > cat nip soulution for hyperactivity?

Jabba the- Cat

PURRPURRPURR

Purred: Fri Mar 21, '08 4:22pm PST 
I think maybe ti eccetuates their personality. If Jabba, who'se very mellow by nature gtes catni it makes her more mellow. When Wolfie has it, who's very active and hyper, he gets mroe so.. what do you think?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by the kaya skye & shyloh paige, Mar 22 1:57 pm

Cat Health > PLEASE HELP: my precious baby is dying of kidney failure; what can i do?

Jabba the- Cat

PURRPURRPURR

Purred: Fri Mar 21, '08 4:05pm PST 
Jabba has this to, I'm taking her into the vet tomorrow for a check up as she's gone off her food. The vet will prob give her soem Sub-Q fluids as well. Poor old girl...
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jabba the Cat, Mar 21 4:05 pm

Cat Health > ONE LAST PLEA FOR HELP

Jabba the- Cat

PURRPURRPURR

Purred: Fri Feb 15, '08 4:16pm PST 
I have a similair problem with my cat Jabba. We put pee pee pads down all around the litetrbox becasue she can make it to the area but not IN the box. She is also blind. I would recommend getting a very large socialization cage to keep kitty in when your not there and when you are there let her out in one room, maybe the kitchen, try to keep ehr out of the bedroom. You can get a baby safety gate and put it at the door if shes blind she wont be abel to climb over it but the others shoudl be able to.

Hope this helps I knwo how frustrating it can be when yoru kitty seems near the end of their life. Jabba is only about 12 but she has kidney problems and bartonelle and toxoplasma which is what made her blind. So I know its not just about age alone.
[notify]

» There has since been 75 posts. Last posting by Simba (My little Lion King), Apr 12 4:35 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Possiblity of a new kitty
Jabba the- Cat

PURRPURRPURR

Purred: Fri Feb 8, '08 1:52pm PST 
I'd recommend Feliway and using Rescue Remedy or Bach's Essences. I'm using the Pine one on jabba and its made a HUGE difference, shes liek yrou kitty in that she gets very sick if she gets stressed out but its really helped!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Cleopatra 8/4/96-7/18/13, Feb 9 10:35 am

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.