Postings by QUINCY

GO!

(Page 1 of 56: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Kitten Corner > Weaning orphaned kittens - Help?
QUINCY

I've never met a- kitten I didn't- like

Purred: Fri Apr 29, '11 10:18am PST 
Four weeks is about the absolute YOUNGEST kittens will eat solid food. Most turn their noses up at it at first, so you need to keep trying. If you haven't done so yet, open their little mouths and put in some can food. Keep repeating this everytime you feed them. Also, sometimes they like the food but don't get the hang of eating out of the dish. I will feed them off my finger and then gradually lower my finger in the dish so they get the hint. Also, sometimes it helps to "fluff" the food back up when they smash it down while eating. It's easier for them to take bites if its kinda mounded up. Good Luck!!wave
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Lost Boy Nibs, Apr 29 3:59 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Power of Purr Chain
QUINCY

Purred: Fri Dec 10, '10 3:53pm PST 
Haven't purred in awhile, but we have 5 cages of foster kitties going to Petco this weekend and could use some extra luck. Our adoptions are also down for the 4th (?) year in a row, so we are looking for a strong ending to this year. Let's find them all forever homes!!

PURR dancing PURRcheer PURRhappy dance PURRcloud 9 PURRparty
[notify]

» There has since been 388 posts. Last posting by Strega, Sep 21 9:58 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Power of Purr Chain

QUINCY

Purred: Thu Aug 12, '10 5:33pm PST 
Wow, send some of that our way!! Our adoptions are way down and our rescue is so full. Hopefully if we purr loud, we'll have a good weekend.

PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR
[notify]

» There has since been 459 posts. Last posting by Strega, Sep 21 9:58 am

Kitten Corner > kitty always hungry and harrassing the fish!

QUINCY

Purred: Sun Jul 25, '10 12:29pm PST 
Between 8 & 25 weeks is quite a range. Hopefully the vet can tell you how old he is and how much food he should get a day. I know alot of Catsters don't believe in dry food, but all our cats and fosters are free fed dry all day and only get wet food appropriate for their age (kittens get more than cats). I say if he's hungry you need to feed him more unless he is overweight - which he doesn't appear to be. Of course the vet check is a must. Good Luck!!wave
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Fee Verte, Aug 23 6:35 pm

Cat Health > Why would you not test for FLV?! *rant*

QUINCY

Purred: Sun Jul 11, '10 5:29pm PST 
No you are not wrong. Our shelters here all test for Felv, including the one we volunteer at. We order the tests and draw the blood ourselves, which ends up costing under $10 per cat. I am so sorry that the shelter you went too didn't. Did you contact them to warn them about the other kittens?? Not sure if that would change anything there, but at least it might save another family the heartbreak you went through. Again, you have our sympathy. cry
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by QGM Harlequin (Striped Seven), Jul 12 1:09 pm

Kitten Corner > New Indoor Kittens - Needing A Bit Of Help!
QUINCY

Purred: Mon Jul 5, '10 8:19pm PST 
Some cats like to scratch horizontally, so you may want to buy the corregated cardboard scratcher that you just rub the catnip on and put on the floor. These usually cost around $5-$7 at Wal-mart etc.
I know they are my favorite!!happy dance
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Winnie (Angel), Jul 6 2:24 pm

Behavior & Training > Terrible xperience getting Marley in a carrier!

QUINCY

Purred: Mon Jul 5, '10 8:14pm PST 
Lowering in backwards is the best. Also, you may want to get a carrier with a gate on the top as well as the front. wave
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jul 6 2:55 pm

Cat Health > Kitten + Kittens?

QUINCY

Purred: Mon Jul 5, '10 8:08pm PST 
Glad everything turned out OK. We have fostered about 7 pregnant Mama's and never saw one of them spot before labor. Now we know better. We hope everyone grows up big and healthy and finds good forever homes!!happy dance
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by **No Name Yet- Suggestions?**, Jul 12 11:24 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Stray Domesticated Cat - Steps to take?

QUINCY

Purred: Tue Jun 22, '10 3:12pm PST 
Did you contact your local shelter with an inquiry if someone is looking for this cat?? Some people do not get the newspaper or have a computer, but they will call or visit the local "pound" to see if their cat is there or to fill out a missing cat report. If there is no report, you may be able to leave a found report in case an owner comes forward. Ask the shelter how long they hold onto found cats before placing them for adoption. I'm sure there may be legalities involved for a hold period. They may also be able to scan kitty for a microchip. After that, I think you have done what you reasonably can do to find an owner. We are so glad you have decided to give this boy a home, and we wish the best for you all.
Keep us posted.wave
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by QUINCY, Jun 22 3:12 pm

Cat Health > de-claw: just dont do it
QUINCY

Purred: Sat Jun 19, '10 7:03pm PST 
Not sure of the website, but we have an article at home called "The truth about declawing." 10-15 pages full of facts and stuff. You can probably google it. wave
[notify]

» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Spock, Jul 25 1:59 am

(Page 1 of 56: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.