Postings by Karma Llasa

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Grooming > Calling polydactyls for advice...
Karma Llasa

Purrs are love.

Purred: Fri Dec 15, '06 6:09pm PST 
As much as I hate the idea of declawing, in this instance there could be a therapeutic reason for it.

I'm a poly and I often would get my extra claw stuck on fabric or carpet and had to meow for help. It's not fun to dangle for many minutes by one claw off a drapery you really didn't mean to snag. I never could release that one claw right.

I kinda wish my mommy would have thought of it! (I'm at the Bridge now so I'm totally purrfect...)
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Karma Llasa, Dec 15 6:09 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > How did your cat choose you?
Karma Llasa

Purrs are love.

Purred: Thu Oct 26, '06 11:08am PST 
Three kitties, three different stories:

Me: It was all up to the cosmos. Mommy was advertising for a kitty and the lady who owned the house where I was born responded. She described me and Mommy knew I was the kitty she'd been waiting for. Honestly, I was scared to death of her when we met but she took me home anyway. It took me a few hours to realize how lucky I was and by daybreak I was cuddling Mommy's neck.

Nikki: She was in a shelter in Mesa, Arizona. Daddy went looking for a kitty with his girlfriend and Mommy---who back then was just a friend of his. Mommy had been invited along because she already had the reputation of crazy cat lady because of me. MOL She was looking at another cat when Nikki climbed on the door of her cage and meowed and hollared and reached through the bars. Because she was the most enthusiastic at getting his attention, Daddy picked her. (The girlfriend left soon after, Mommy married Daddy and we all became a family.)

Mr. Echo: I left for the Rainbow Bridge and Mommy was so sad and lonely. After a while she started looking for a new kitty and nearly adopted one little girl but she just wasn't that into Mommy. Then she found a kitty on the website for Texas Siamese Rescue and she felt the same feeling when she first heard about me. There wasn't even a picture for the kitty on the website. But she started the adoption process anyhow. When she went to see Mr. Echo he was sweet and calm and purred his permission to be adopted when Daddy held him.
[notify]

» There has since been 41 posts. Last posting by Samba, Jan 12 8:22 pm

Cat Health > To what age do most indoor cats live?

Karma Llasa

Purrs are love.

Purred: Mon Sep 25, '06 12:32pm PST 
I almost made it to 20. My sister Nikki is 12 right now and doing well despite being hyperthyroid. Indoor cats, as you know, do better than outdoor cats. The key is lots of clean water, good food and vet visits. Dental care is also very important.

My life was so great and I was so loved that I wanted to stay around for as long as possible. But my kidneys could only last so long.

Just get lots of lovin and regular check ups.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Sep 27 8:03 pm

Get Well Soon > my sissy Bluie(Azurine) needs your purrrrrrrrrrrs and prayers her very ill

Karma Llasa

Purrs are love.

Purred: Mon Sep 18, '06 10:38am PST 
Oh no, not our sweet Bluie! I'm sure your people are so very worried about you. We are too! Many purrs from our way that those white spots are nothing to worry about.

Purrrrrrrrrrrr, purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Teebo - Dreamboat #66, Sep 18 7:24 pm

Food & Nutrition > PETA & Vegetarian Cats??

Karma Llasa

Purrs are love.

Purred: Fri Sep 15, '06 5:05pm PST 
They talk a good talk but they really don't think things through very well. For instance, they talk about allowing animals to do their own thing but yet they want to change a basic part of what a cat is: carnivorous. Fact of life time folks...animals often eat other animals to survive. You may not like it but that's too bad. Mother Nature knows a whole lot more than the people at PETA and it's about time they accepted that indesputable fact rather than try to change years of NATURAL evolution. Honestly, what they advocate IS....IMHO...cruelty!

Sorry, I'll step off my soapbox now....
[notify]

» There has since been 37 posts. Last posting by Hunter, Mar 24 9:07 am

Food & Nutrition > I am a cheese aholic
Karma Llasa

Purrs are love.

Purred: Thu Aug 31, '06 10:42am PST 
Oh what I wouldn't do for cream cheese! One time Mommy had some out for a party and I got on the table and licked and licked and licked at it. I got in trouble and had a bad tummy ache but it was so delish!

If lovin' cheese is wrong, I don't wanna be right....
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Karma Llasa, Aug 31 10:42 am

Food & Nutrition > Vegetarian Cats?

Karma Llasa

Purrs are love.

Purred: Wed Aug 30, '06 3:35pm PST 
Cats are obligate carnivores. Cats MUST eat meat. It' s how nature designed them.

People who choose to become vegetarians because they don't like seeing animals killed have their hearts in the right place, but they must understand that trying to make a cat become a vegetarian goes against the laws of nature. Cats are born hunters.

My aunt sissy is a vegan animal lover. She says that to force her emotional beliefs on her cats and making them eat something that is contrary to what years of evolution has naturally decided is best for them is a form of cruelty in itself.
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Sep 15 10:34 am

Food & Nutrition > Crying When Eating

Karma Llasa

Purrs are love.

Purred: Tue Aug 22, '06 10:40am PST 
Once in a while when I would eat something really tasty, like filet mignon, I would meow while I ate it.

Mommy says she once saw an outdoor cat crowing like this over a bird it was about to eat. She figures it was either a warning, bragging, or a triumphant cheer.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Hailey, Aug 22 12:36 pm

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > Tonite is my 20th Anniversary Party! (8/18)

Karma Llasa

Purrs are love.

Purred: Fri Aug 18, '06 7:47pm PST 
I want to thank everyone for stopping by. Enjoy your families. I hope you have fun happy lives.

See you 'round the boards....
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Pooh♥ Rainbow Bridge., Aug 19 1:38 pm

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > Tonite is my 20th Anniversary Party! (8/18)
Karma Llasa

Purrs are love.

Purred: Fri Aug 18, '06 7:25pm PST 
Hey Pumpkin! Awesome new pic!

Mom thought the meowling was cute. Especially when I meowled back!

Anyone else eating the chunks of tomatos besides me? Yum.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Pooh♥ Rainbow Bridge., Aug 19 1:38 pm

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.