Postings by Nikki

GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Get Well Soon > The Get Well Purr List
Nikki

I'm a fighter!

Purred: Sun Mar 16, '08 8:14am PST 
I'm purring especially hard for Tiger. He's got the Chylothorax, which is what I got diagnosed with a yeer ago. I'm at the Bridge now and I hope he wins his battle!
[notify]

» There has since been 4643 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, Mar 5 5:19 pm

Cat Health > HYPERthyroidism
Nikki

I'm a fighter!

Purred: Sun May 27, '07 3:48pm PST 
When I was diagnosed Hyper T the bloodwork showed my liver and kidneys were a little messed up. The vet wanted to treat all the symptoms but what I ended up doing was taking methimazole twice a day. Once the HyperT got under control everything else went back to normal.

If you can keep those pills down and keep eating and drinking I hope you'll be able to bounce back. If the pills don't work you might also try a transdermal gel that your people can rub on your ear.

You're also welcome to join our HyperTSpace group where you can find lots of links for information.

Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Jun 13 11:21 am

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > Toulouse's SURPRISE 12th Birthday Party

Nikki

I'm a fighter!

Purred: Sun May 13, '07 7:20pm PST 
Finally something I can agree with Echo on!

Toulouse I'm so glad I could come to your party. Everything was just dee-vine. I hope you have a very nice night.

::::headbutts and purrs::::
[notify]

» There has since been 123 posts. Last posting by Aragorn (In Memory), May 15 6:46 pm

Nikki

I'm a fighter!

Purred: Sun May 13, '07 7:07pm PST 
Toulouse that Athena is a stunner. You gonna make an honest cat out of her and pop the question?
[notify]

» There has since been 162 posts. Last posting by Aragorn (In Memory), May 15 6:46 pm

Nikki

I'm a fighter!

Purred: Sun May 13, '07 6:39pm PST 
Frankie, you dance so nicely. Don't tell My Man, but you dance better than he does.

I think I'll just sit back with some of this yummy cake and watch for a while like Aldo.
[notify]

» There has since been 249 posts. Last posting by Aragorn (In Memory), May 15 6:46 pm

Nikki

I'm a fighter!

Purred: Sun May 13, '07 6:27pm PST 
Dr. Frankie I would love to dance. Let's make it a slow one though.

(You don't have a girlfriend that's gonna mind, do ya?)
[notify]

» There has since been 290 posts. Last posting by Aragorn (In Memory), May 15 6:46 pm

Nikki

I'm a fighter!

Purred: Sun May 13, '07 6:22pm PST 
Thanks Toulouse, I'm feeling better and eating again. Wanna see me jump across the room? I can still do that. I just refuse to let this condition ruin a good time!

Headbutts back at ya.
[notify]

» There has since been 300 posts. Last posting by Aragorn (In Memory), May 15 6:46 pm

Nikki

I'm a fighter!

Purred: Sun May 13, '07 6:13pm PST 
Hi Toulouse! I wanted to come by and say a big happy birthday to you. No way was I going to miss a chance to come by and wish you many happy returns.
[notify]

» There has since been 326 posts. Last posting by Aragorn (In Memory), May 15 6:46 pm

Cat Health > Chylothorax--any experiences?

Nikki

I'm a fighter!

Purred: Tue Mar 13, '07 8:59am PST 
Chylothorax is a condition where a milky substance fills the space around the lungs. This congestion makes it hard for the lungs to expand. From what I understand there's no cure, it can be tricky to treat and it's often fatal.

It's uncommon in cats. It seems to strike purebreds more often and younger cats. But I'm a 14 year old tabby. My vet feels I either have heart failure or some kind of cancer.

Does anyone here have any experience with this? Hunter, you there? You're a smart kitty, maybe you can weigh in on this.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Rascal, Mar 24 9:03 am

Cat Health > Bald patch!
Nikki

I'm a fighter!

Purred: Sat Feb 24, '07 11:49am PST 
One of my first symptoms of a thyroid problem was when I started "barbering"...that's what the vet called it. I was chewing my fur off as close to the skin as I could. My thyroid is under control with meds but I still barber the fur on my tummy and front legs a little.

Are you also eating a ton and losing weight unintentionally? I was. I also drank a lot of water to help me digest all that extra food I was eating to keep up with they hyperthyroid problem.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Hunter, Feb 26 10:39 am

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.