Postings by Althea, PAWS

GO!

(Page 1 of 18: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > New here and looking for support
Althea, PAWS

The Special,- Precious, Petite- PrinCESS

Purred: Sun Apr 13, '14 9:32am PST 
Your pain is still new, and, being new, is still raw. I promise: it won't hurt this much forever, but it does take time. Fifteen years is a long time to share your home and your life; your bond didn't form in a day, and the grief won't ease quickly, either.

Do you know the story of the Rainbow Bridge? If not, please look it up; it's very, very comforting - the story of where our furchildren wait for us. Yes, they DO wait! We will be reunited with them in time; for us, it will likely be many years, but for them - well, there is no "time" in Heaven, so it will be as the blink of an eye.

Your beloved Austin lives at the Bridge now - gloriously alive, perfectly healthy, and blissfully happy - waiting for you to join him. What a reunion that will be! See, death is not an end; it is merely the transition to a beautiful form of life we are not yet permitted to know. Cry for yourself, for Austin's absence from your physical life, but force a smile for him and the happiness he now knows.

May Austin's Creator bless you with faith, comfort, and peace.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Delyte, Dark Angel, at Bridge, Sun 9:10 pm

Cat Health > What do you guys think?
Althea, PAWS

Purred: Sat Mar 29, '14 3:34pm PST 
Thank you for taking the time to let us know. "Dapper Dan" - what an adorable name! Well, little Dan is more "dapper" than ever - gloriously alive at the Bridge and perfectly healthy and happy. At the very least, he made his transition knowing love and has not passed unknown and unmourned, which is much more than many kitties ever have. Play on, Dapper Dan - and wait at the Bridge for the one who cares!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 2 3:40 am

Cat Health > Having trouble affording Arwen's spay.

Althea, PAWS

Purred: Mon Mar 24, '14 12:56pm PST 
Please google Spay and Neuter All Pets" It is an organization dedicated to helping in situations such as yours. You can get a voucher for a discounted rate. And please do it TODAY! Arwen should have been spayed before this; she can't wait any longer!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Buffy, Mar 30 1:25 pm

Cat Health > Is my cat starting to go blind? Help!

Althea, PAWS

Purred: Sun Mar 23, '14 8:16am PST 
The only choice is the vet - and this comes from me, who lost the sight in one eye.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Althea, PAWS, Mar 23 8:16 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Help! Rescuing a Cat that's been caged for a year or more! :(

Althea, PAWS

Purred: Tue Mar 18, '14 6:57am PST 
Blessings to you for wanting to help. If this cat is kept caged and is elimimating in his own quarters (the cage), that is a clear case of animal abuse and needs to be reported to the local humane society. That cat is *suffering* and that suffering needs to be addressed immediately. Please either take the cat or report his horrific conditions to the humane society - please!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sacha, Mar 18 7:24 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > how do i say goodbye ?
Althea, PAWS

Purred: Thu Mar 13, '14 5:35pm PST 
It's good to know that Mac is feeling a bit better, and we all hope he stays that way for many, many days. It's one of the conditions of loving: those who love, suffer. It's so much harder to watch a loved one suffer than to suffer ourselves, but that's how love is. Remember that if the time comes that you have to help him go: the pain will be all yours; there will be none for him. He will be met on The Other Side by angels and friends, and welcomed with Love. Your tears will be for yourself. For now, accept each good day as the blessing it is; tell Mac each day how much you love him. We've all been where you are (and most likely will be again, at least, in my case), so we empathize. Your journey is yours alone, but there are friends all around who will support you. May Mac's Creator bless you with all that you need to see Mac through this.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tigger, Mar 15 2:05 pm

Cat Health > My kitty is so so sick. FIP

Althea, PAWS

Purred: Wed Mar 12, '14 1:35pm PST 
Most of us here, including me, have been where you are: you know that your furchild is leaving,no matter what you do, and it hurts beyond belief. Your concern has to be for Mina, not for yourself; try to imagine - if you felt as she does and knew that nothing more could be done - would you want to stay here until your body finally gave out, suffering every minute? Or would you rather just go to sleep - and wake up in a place more beautiful than you ever imagined, full of beauty and love, surrounded by friends? That is what is waiting for Mina - and for you, when the time comes. Keeping Mina comfortable may mean just being with her, not forcing meds or food or even water on her; doing those things may just prolong the process. Be with her; love her - and let her go. Your love makes her yours forever.

May Mina's Creator bless you with the faith, the courage, and the strength that you need to see Mina to the Bridge, and then may He comfort you and lead your heart to peace.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Wolfgangg, Mar 20 8:35 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > how do i say goodbye ?

Althea, PAWS

Purred: Wed Mar 12, '14 8:38am PST 
How do you say good-bye? First, it's only for "so long," not forever (although it will seem forever for you). Tell Mac how deeply you love him; tell him every single day, many times a day. Thank him for choosing YOU to be his human, and tell him you've done everything you could to keep him here, but you know he's suffering and unhappy, and more than anything else in the world, you want him to be happy because you love him so deeply. Tell him it's ok to go whenever he wants, whenever he's ready - that you will miss him, that you will cry, but that you will be ok. Tell him all the furchildren at Rainbow Bridge are his friends, and he will be happy there - and in no time at all, you will be joining him. (It will probably be years and years for you, but at the Bridge, there IS no time, so it will be as the blink of an eye for Mac.)

I am so, so sorry for your pain, which I know is great, but remember that your years are for yourself; always, our tears are for ourselves. Our beloved furchildren at the Bridge have no need of tears.

May Mac's Creator bless you with the faith, the courage, and the strength that you need, and may He comfort you and lead your heart to peace.hug
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Mar 15 2:05 pm

Cat Health > Mysterious Disease - Please help me!

Althea, PAWS

Purred: Sun Mar 9, '14 4:13pm PST 
Why did you give them Synulox? Did the vet say to do so? It's impossible for any of us to guess what the problem might be; how could you expect us to know what the vet did not?
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Wolfgangg, Mar 11 8:31 pm

Cat Health > What do you guys think?
Althea, PAWS

Purred: Sat Mar 8, '14 11:55am PST 
Did you vet do a full blood panel? That's always a good start, for it will show how the internal organs are working. And Delyte's advice is good: an x-ray along with the bloodwork. Can you get a second opinion?
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Apr 2 3:40 am

(Page 1 of 18: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.