Postings by Kashmir

GO!

Kitten Corner > Unborn Kittens?

Kashmir

Let sleepin'- cats lie.

Purred: Sun Jun 1, '08 6:03pm PST 
Hi all this is Kashmere. It was a false alarm! No unborn babies. My doctor said it could have been some after birth that my human mom felt. He said all my babies are doing wonderful ...I suspected they are. They are crawling already; still eyes closed tight but their ears have open so now they can hear me when I yell at them. Gotta go...feeding time!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by The Wisconsin cats, Jun 1 6:14 pm

Kashmir

Let sleepin'- cats lie.

Purred: Tue May 27, '08 8:56am PST 
She has an appointment this afternoon with her regular vet to have an ultrasound to see if there are remaining kittens inside her. We're taking all the live kittens with us to the vet as well since she's a very very protective mommy and doesn't leave their sight for more longer than a quick run to the litter box. I'm purchasing her a litter box for the bathroom so she won't have to run to the laundry room and back. Like I said though, she has been a very good mommy and nursing just awesome so other than suspecting there are unborn kittens ..she's good fine.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by The Wisconsin cats, Jun 1 6:14 pm

Kashmir

Let sleepin'- cats lie.

Purred: Mon May 26, '08 2:12pm PST 
I'm writing this for Kashmere as she's much too busy caring for her newborn kittens. They were born just this morning - Memorial Day! She has an active litter of 5 kittens but I felt she would have several more since she was absolutely HUGE. I wasn't here for the delivery but I remember when she delivered her first litter of kittens she needed to be 'coached' an awful lot to keep her focused and in active labor.
My concern is: about an hour ago, I was checking in on her and rubbed her tummy a bit and felt what I suspect to be a kitten still inside her. I only felt one but there's a possibility there could be more. With it being the holiday her regular vet is not available to question but what do you think? Should I hold off until tomorrow or try calling the emergency vet hospitals today to see about getting her and her litter in there? I'm concerned about moving them all today being they've already been through quite a lot; especially Kashmere, but I don't want to risk harming her should I find out too late I waited too long to call the hospital.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by The Wisconsin cats, Jun 1 6:14 pm

Cats & Travel > From Canada to Australia...can it be done?

Kashmir

Let sleepin'- cats lie.

Purred: Sun Feb 26, '06 5:34pm PST 
Hi Marlo,
Max just rattled on forever but he didn't answer your questions. When we flew to Sicily we were on a plane nearly 24 hours and in 3 different airports , 3 different planes. Mom fed us in the morning before we went to the airport and she gave us brand new litter. I guess she knows that brand new litter makes us have to go. Maybe your mom can do the same. Don't worry if you have to go while your on the plane. Mom gave Maxwell and I a blanket to do our business on just in case. Maxwell used his blanket but it wasn't discovered until we were in Sicily already and mom just threw the blanket away.
We had these things called 'medicine' that the lady with the white coat that shoots me in the butt gave our mom but mom never gave it to us. That's cool you get to sit next to your mom. That will probably be better than our ride. We had to ride above the luggage. There was another cat down there with us and he was crying alot. Try not to do that.
If your riding with your mom she can probably feed you whenever you normally eat but you probably won't eat alot.
The plane ride will be the worst part of moving to your new home. Think about once you get there - all the new smells and things to investigate - you shouldn't be depressed at all.
Hugs,
Kashmere
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Star, Nov 13 5:07 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.