Postings by Mackenzie (in loving memory)

GO!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Ghost of your Kitty?
Mackenzie- (in loving- memory)

Gimme some- lovins!

Purred: Tue Jan 8, '13 3:30pm PST 
I am so happy I'm not the only one. It's happened before - but this is the first time someone else experienced the same exact thing at the same exact moment. I do feel extra lucky. I felt like I could talk out loud to Mackenzie and not feel like I haven't moved on.

Thank you for the replies!!!hug
[notify]

» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by CHARLEY BLEAU EYES, Apr 16 4:02 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Ghost of your Kitty?

Gimme some- lovins!

Purred: Mon Jan 7, '13 11:44am PST 
I was with my husband in the kitchen, making a turkey sandwich. I started talking about the sound of the wrapper and that it usually brings at least one kitty (we have two at the moment) into the kitchen because they love deli turkey. Sure enough, we heard the "thump" of four paws of Milo (our bigger kitty) hitting the floor and the jingle of the bell from his collar. We laughed and said "uh, oh" because I was going to have to share my turkey.

We waited for him to come around the corner. He didn't show up. So we went into the other room, and BOTH cats were completely still, SOUND asleep. Their heartbeats were slow and steady. They didn't even open their eyes.

There was no way one of them could have jumped down and immediately back up. We are 100% sure that we both heard a cat jump down from the chair, the bells jingling.

It wasn't either of them, so who was it?

Our Angel kitty, Mackenzie, went to the Rainbow Bridge four years ago. He loved turkey so much that I only had to walk into the kitchen for him to run in there, expecting a bite. He knew the sound of the wrapper, the sound of the refrigerator drawer, the whole process. He'd hear it from another floor, no matter how quiet I'd try to be.

There is no other answer than Mackenzie. My husband and I got the willies - we literally had the goosebumps over and over for the next few minutes. The sensation just wouldn't go away. I called out his name and offered him a bite.

It really touched us because he was such a special little guy. We shared 12 years with him. It makes sense that if he could return, he would. And it wasn't the first time we've experienced him after going to the Rainbow Bridge.

So has anyone else had a similar experience?little angel
[notify]

» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by CHARLEY BLEAU EYES, Apr 16 4:02 pm

Cat Health > Eye issues

Gimme some- lovins!

Purred: Sat Jan 24, '09 2:49pm PST 
Our angel kitty Mackenzie has the feline herpes virus. It would get runny and teary. Whenever he was stressed, he would "get sick". We used to use an eye cream, but also found l-lysine supplements that helped prevent/reduce the length of occurances.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Sneakers, Jan 27 6:08 pm

Cat Health > Tapazole allergy warning!!

Gimme some- lovins!

Purred: Sat Jan 24, '09 2:44pm PST 
We are still grieving about the passing of our dear kitty Mackenzie, who was only 12, and have done a lot of research on the issues surrounding his sudden poor health.

Mackenzie was on tapazole for hyperthyroidism, and it appeared to be working well. His ravenousness and whining disappeared, his weight stablized, his vomiting decreased, and he had energy.

About six weeks later, started vomiting daily, regurgitating all the food he had eaten that day, left undigested. We stopped tapazole in case he was having a reaction. The vet said that if his poor health was caused by the tapazole, once he stopped taking it, he would get better quickly. She prescribed liver medicine and antibiotics to help the liver get better, and reduce infection if that was going on.

Well, in a few days, he stopped eating completely, became very lethargic. The vet scheduled an ultrasound, which showed he had liver failure, organ inflammation, possible lymphoma (we are not 100%). Due to his liver damage and not eating, he became extremely ill in a matter of days, and we had to make the decision to end his suffering by the end of the week.

During the previous two months, I had noticed what appeared to be a rash on his neck. I had read that a rash accompanied by extreme scratching and itching could signify an allergic reaction, but it was very rare, and without the itching, wasn't much of an issue. I had mentioned it to the vet and she couldn't find it.

Anyway, I did more research, and I found out that a rash IS an indication that the cat is allergic to the tapazole.

So if you have a cat on tapazole, PLEASE CHECK the skin for a rash! We don't know for sure, but this may have been an indication to take Mackenzie off the tapazole. I know that we can't change the past, but we can let you all know in case your cat gets sick while on tapazole.
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Nikki- I miss U- 5/17/2010, Jan 24 7:13 pm

Cat Health > The Shmerg's got Lymphoma. What Should I do?

Gimme some- lovins!

Purred: Sun Dec 28, '08 7:47pm PST 
I am really sorry to hear about Shmerg. Mackenzie had "thickening", enlarged lymph nodes, liver failure, etc., but because the liver symptoms came on quite suddenly, and he had already practically stopped eating (minus a few licks), he was too ill to go through exploratory surgery (let alone get through chemo).

The most important thing I think is that kitty EATS. Protein is most crucial. Once kitties stop eating for as little as two days in a row, they can begin starving to death, and develop fatty liver...horrible suffering; which is what my vet and I did not want to happen (since Mackenzie had eaten so very little the week before and was so weak).

It was his inability to take in food (he was too ill for even a feeding tube) that helped us make the decision. Talk to your vet about how much food he needs to sustain (I think it should be about 1/2 can of food a day), and different ways to get him to eat.

Our hearts and purrs are with you.hug
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Shmerg (Always in my heart ), Dec 29 5:22 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > THANK YOU TO EVERYONE

Gimme some- lovins!

Purred: Sat Dec 27, '08 9:18am PST 
I don't know how to email everyone who has sent well wishes and gifts for Mackenzie, so I hope that everyone can see this message.

Your thoughts and virtual gifts continue to help us during this time. It is wonderful to have a place where his spirit can continue to thrive.

You are an amazing group.
Purrs,
Mackenzie's family
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mackenzie (in loving memory), Dec 27 9:18 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Good bye Mackenzie, We love you

Gimme some- lovins!

Purred: Sat Dec 20, '08 11:17am PST 
Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Mackenzie crossed the rainbow bridge to heaven this morning at around 9:30am.

We will be missed by his mommy, daddy, and brother Milo and everyone else who had the honor to know him.

little angel
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Aragorn (In Memory), Dec 24 6:53 pm

Cat Health > Good bye Mackenzie

Gimme some- lovins!

Purred: Sat Dec 20, '08 7:13am PST 
Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Mackenzie crossed the rainbow bridge to heaven this morning at around 9:30am.

We will be missed by his mommy, daddy, and brother Milo and everyone else who had the honor to know him.

If anyone can show me to how to memorialize his page, please let me know.
little angel
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Shadow, Dec 20 9:39 am

Cat Health > Mackenzie's update...

Gimme some- lovins!

Purred: Sat Dec 20, '08 7:12am PST 

If anyone can show me to how to memorialize his page, please let me know.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Shadow, Dec 20 9:36 am

Cat Health > Mackenzie's update...

Gimme some- lovins!

Purred: Fri Dec 19, '08 9:13am PST 
After hours of back and forth phone calls, I finally got the results of Mackenzie's ultrasound late yesterday.

Apparently he has lymphoma, has thickening in his intestines, and inflammation in his pancreas, liver, bile ducts, and now fatty liver and liver failure. He has barely eaten in a few days and the vet said that if he doesn't eat more than a half can of food a day for more than two days then he will be suffering tremendously and literally starve to death. Yesterday was his last bite and today, nothing.

We had the possibility to schedule exploratory surgery but he is too fragile and even if we got more info, it's very likely that there will be nothing that can be done, and that would be if he survived until Monday.

He is depressed and lethargic but still responding to us with with love and affection, which makes you forget he is so sick. We have an appoinment at 9am tomorrow to senf him to heaven. Vet and we all agreed that we don't want him to suffer.

Our hearts are breaking and it is taking every ounce of strength to give Mackenzie positive energy. His brother doesn't know what to do; he seems so aimless. So tomorrow, exactly 12 years and 2 days since my darling kitten trotted into our lives, he will trot into heaven, where I know he will be watching over us and waiting.

We have been blessed to have shared 12 years with the most amazing, intelligent, affectionate cat, whose wisdom, love and companionship will always be with us.

Thank you for your thoughts and kind words. He has been and always will be our little angel.
Mackenzie's Mommy
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Shadow, Dec 20 9:36 am

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.