GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Is this a bad idea?
Kizmet

Kizmet - world famous cat- supermodel

Purred: Sun Jan 22, '12 9:47pm PST 
I'm not a fan of cremation either. it freaks me out. But, living in an apartment with no relatives' homes nearby to bury them, it was really my only option. I couldn't afford a cemetery, and picking out a tiny casket would have destroyed me.

I don't really think about it. It's done, and they are on a shelf here. When I die, they will be buried with me.

I'm not saying this to try and change your mind. But I just lost my Kizmet last week and picked up his ashes yesterday, so the subject is on my mind. In the end, do what you can handle. But it's good you're thinking ahead in any case.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Feb 8 4:38 am

Cat Health > Possible pancreatitis and compromised kidneys
Kizmet

Purred: Sat Jan 14, '12 8:30pm PST 
Thanks everyone. it all happened so fast and I think I'm still just stunned. He hasn't even been gone 24 hours and it already feels like the longest day of my life without him. cry
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 1:59 pm

Kizmet

Purred: Sat Jan 14, '12 10:49am PST 
Kizmet went to the bridge early this morning. My sweet, perfect angel. I'm not sure I know how to deal with it. Maybe I'll never know. But I am so grateful for everyone's prayers, purrs, and support. hug
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 1:59 pm

Get Well Soon > Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

Kizmet

Purred: Fri Jan 13, '12 7:48pm PST 
Thanks for adding Kizmet here. He needs all the love and purrs that can be spared. In return, we are sending all our love and prayers to all the kitties that need it, as well as their families. ♥
[notify]

» There has since been -18674.8 posts. Last posting by , May 31 7:55 am

Kizmet

Purred: Fri Jan 13, '12 7:43pm PST 
A plasma transfusion is a sort of blood transfusion.

I just visited him again, he's the same. I just wish I knew exactly what to do for him. frown
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 1:59 pm

Kizmet

Purred: Fri Jan 13, '12 3:37pm PST 
Thank you Kaci.

I just came back from the hospital. The vet advised me to come in, because his blood pressure was dropping. He did respond to my presence with tiny meows and a paw in my hand. Eventually he sat up, which the vet said was the most she'd seen out of him since early this morning. His creatinine levels, which were over 24, were down to 21, but of course that is still very serious. He urinated once this morning, just a bit. He's fully hydrated again, but his body isn't processing the fluids. He's slightly puffy, because the fluids have nowhere to go. He's been on the fluids now for 36 hours. No eating or drinking, although he's so doped up (and also fully hydrated) I can't see how he'd want water.

They are going to do a plasma transfusion, see if that helps.
[notify]

» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 1:59 pm

Kizmet

Purred: Thu Jan 12, '12 11:10pm PST 
The vet is saying that his prognosis is guarded. He can't hold his temperature at all, and hasn't urinated on his own, despite being on fluids for 24 hours. They ran a urine test, and the vet is seriously concerned because his urine is very diluted. He's afraid we're looking at his kidneys shutting down. They are going to run another kidney level test tomorrow morning, after he's been on fluids for 36 hours, but the vet is not encouraged.

I don't know how to live without my boy. I don't know if I can.
[notify]

» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 1:59 pm

Get Well Soon > in the hospital

Kizmet

Purred: Thu Jan 12, '12 12:17pm PST 
Thanks everyone. He has a bit of a battle ahead of him, but I am sure everyone's thoughts and prayers will help him greatly. I know they are a big comfort to me. big hug
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 12 12:17 pm

Kizmet

Purred: Thu Jan 12, '12 12:08pm PST 
Thank you all. I have a lot of research to do. I just went to visit him. The vet is encouraged by the turn around he's made in the past 12 hours, but of course he's still very serious. They don't want to run any further tests until he's more hydrated, so it's a waiting game. His temp had gone back up to normal this morning, but went back down to 97 while I was there. so he's back in the warming blanket. His Upper Respiratory infection is still raging as well. poor baby.
[notify]

» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 1:59 pm

Kizmet

Purred: Wed Jan 11, '12 11:59pm PST 
is what the vet said for Kizmet. He's in the hospital, receiving fluids, a warming blanket, and pain meds. The vet wants to follow his kidney values for a bit, right now they are high. The FTL test came back positive for pancreatitis, but he indicated it could be a false positive. We can do an ultrasound, but since they would only treat it exactly as they already are treating him, we are holding off for 12-24 hours.

Does anyone here have experience with either of these, or both together? I know it's serious, but realistically, can they be managed?
[notify]

» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 1:59 pm

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.