Postings by Hawkeye (Rainbow Bridge)

GO!

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Fly free Hawkeye.
Hawkeye- (Rainbow- Bridge)

Yeah,- Whatever....

Purred: Thu Sep 15, '11 8:29am PST 
It never ceases to amaze me how much love and support catsters have for one another.

Our family has lost 7 furbabies in 10 years, and each time you are always there for us.

Thanks, and endless hugs to all of you hug
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by SKIDS KITTY gone, never forgot, Sep 23 9:35 pm

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Where Is Dogster?

Yeah,- Whatever....

Purred: Mon Jul 11, '11 9:17pm PST 
I was trying my best not to flip out, and it wasn't easy. Not mad really... just, how would I survive without all my Dogster and Catster Furiends?

hug
[notify]

» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by Hawkeye (Rainbow Bridge), Jul 11 9:17 pm

Yeah,- Whatever....

Purred: Mon Jul 11, '11 6:59pm PST 
All the dogs are missing form my family too cry
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Hawkeye (Rainbow Bridge), Jul 11 9:17 pm

Yeah,- Whatever....

Purred: Mon Jul 11, '11 6:47pm PST 
Dogster is gone. Type in the URL, SAY Media loads, and there is no Dogster.

Here on Catster there are no avatars or photos.

Is SAY Media taking us all to the pound? cry
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Hawkeye (Rainbow Bridge), Jul 11 9:17 pm

Cat Health > Yikes ... Cat sitting and she had kittens!

Yeah,- Whatever....

Purred: Sun Jun 19, '11 12:16pm PST 
Thought some of you may want an update.

The babies are settled in their foster home and doing great. They are more energetic this afternoon then they were when they were pick up late yesterday. The meds they were getting through mom's milk certainly could not have been a good thing as I suspected. Mom's milk has dried up as I also suspected.

The foster mom cat has taken to them and feeding them as her own. The little one will be getting supplement tube feedings so he can get the weight on.

Momma cat went with the foster family too. She has done a complete turn around from totally ignoring her babies to being very possessive. The foster family knows way more about this stuff than I do and no one wants what effects the babies suddenly disappearing on mom cat could have on her. Mom cat is so possessive now that when you try to take any of her babies she grabs them with her claws, pulls them back, and chews you out a blue streak. We are talking a magic trick to get them away from her!

The set up is the babies are staying with mom cat and at feeding times foster mom cat is feeding them. So far it's working well. The foster family is also trying different recipes to entice mom cat to eat more so she can get weigh on her too. Mom cat weighs 5 pounds :0(

I miss momma cat and the babies. It was so very hard to let them go. I really wanted them here but not turning them over to someone that can help them better than I can, knows way more than I do, and can definitely save all their lives is a selfish thing to do.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jack Teagarden, Jun 21 1:54 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Marking Territory?

Yeah,- Whatever....

Purred: Sat Jun 18, '11 8:26am PST 
You may be able to keep all your cats off the table and maybe out of that room altogether. I ran into a TV program called "My cat from hell" where the guy wanted the cat to stay out of the bedroom. This sensor device blasts out air when the cats get within range, and they learn to stay away from that area quickly and then you can stop using it. I can't remember the name of the product that was used. I saw the product or one with another name at Petsmart. It is costly but it is also costly to keep using cleaners or replacing items and the cost of you sanity.

I am thinking of using the product to teach the cats to stay off the computer desk. All that cat hair can't be good for the equipment. Then there is all those nose prinst on the monitor and it doesn't have to be on.

The peeing itself is a totally different problem. The others before me have given excellent advice.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Einstein, Jun 18 11:01 am

Yeah,- Whatever....

Purred: Fri Jun 17, '11 6:31pm PST 
Thanks for all the support all of you have given me. You all are what Catster is all about.

hug

New smilies I missed ...

rainbow

meditate
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Jack Teagarden, Jun 21 1:54 pm

Yeah,- Whatever....

Purred: Fri Jun 17, '11 6:12pm PST 
I have wonderful news about the babies. Kind of sad for me.

I was able to get in contact with a foster family that has raised orphaned kitties, very sick kitties into healthy cats, and pregnant/nursing mothers for 15 years. They are on their way ASAP to take the kittens and help them. I know I'm not doing a good job with the little guy, the babies need to stay together, and I think mom's milk has dried up. The family has a nursing mom with two babies a week older and they said nursing mom cats are good at taking in babies if it doesn't overwhelm them. The family also has experience with tube feeding kittens with great success.

I am going to feel a great loss and a bit of a failure, but it's what is best for them. I have supplemented Tiptoe's babies, but they were healthier, took right to the bottle, and their mom wasn't on medication to get into her milk.

Maybe one day we will see the babies on Catster when they go to their forever homes.

hi5

And we have new smilies for cheering on the babies!

welcome

big hug

cat on moon

dancing

flowers

relieved
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Jack Teagarden, Jun 21 1:54 pm

Yeah,- Whatever....

Purred: Thu Jun 16, '11 6:31pm PST 
Ashlynne wave

The other two guys seem to be doing fine and yes they are being supplemented with bottling feedings. No problem there. They all can nurse on momma but momma isn't producing enough milk.

The big boys are content to spend their days sleeping under momma's back legs, but the little guy is a little motorSCOOTER crawling all over rooting into everything he can. It's like the little guy never sleeps ~ MOL! He is a strong fella too. Pushed that first dropper I was using so hard it went flying. He seems a determined fella and have a lot of fight too.

More good news. Momma is starting to tend to her babies now. She licks them now and then and is helping them go potty. Little one got bit fussy when I was helping him potty and momma came over all meowing upset, grabbed him, and took him over to the corner of the blanket and she helped him potty. Momma still has to be turned on her side so her babies can nurse, but at least she is letting them.

Momma is starting to eat now. Not much but it's a start. She had a bit of water twice this afternoon and once this evening. Does anyone know if she will start producing more milk when she starts back to eating good?
[notify]

» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Jack Teagarden, Jun 21 1:54 pm

Yeah,- Whatever....

Purred: Thu Jun 16, '11 3:53pm PST 
Update.

I think I hit on something and I got food in the little guy easy. Baby kitties are blind and I think deaf too, and they rely on smell to find the faucet. I was thinking that maybe the problem is that the eye dropper doesn't smell like mom and the hole could also be too large. I ditched the regular eye dropper and got a dropper syringe thingy with a smaller hole that a vet would use for liquid meds. I let mom sleep on the dropper for about an hour so it would smell like her. The little one seemed more at ease with it in his face but he still would not eat. Then I thought if I put him on her stomach and put the dropper through her long fur it might make him eat. I chased that little guy around until with that dropper until he landed on a faucet (I know, but little kids could be reading this wink ), then I had an idea. thinking

I placed the dropper at the base where mom's stomach is and barely touched the side of his lower lip aiming down (need to stay from that nose) and squeezed out a drop. As he was sucking he sucked that drop right on in! It took patience and 15 minutes, and I got a whole one ml into the guy. Yipee! cheer

In my search to learn how to get the little guy eat I read that cat moms lick the backs of their babies to encourage them to eat. So each time he stopped sucking I petted his back and he was sucking again, and I gave out a few more drops. He is getting in food now and I don't think this is getting formula into his lungs. I am so afraid about formula getting into his lungs and him getting pneumonia.

Has anyone heard of doing this? Did I discover something new? Being that mom cat is all shaved off underneath it is easy to see what is going on. It may not be so easy with fur still there or mom cats with long fur.

I don't have a way to weigh the little guy. I think I will run into a vet office Monday somewhere and see if I can get him weighed. I can't remember what the vet told me he weighed in at. I was in a state of freak, you know. Since he is so underweight should I let him eat whatever he will take in?

hug

edit. Heard from momma cat's mom. She may cut her plans and come back early. At this point there really isn't anything she can do that I am not already doing. She is needed there too and I have the fort here.
[notify]

» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Jack Teagarden, Jun 21 1:54 pm

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.