Postings by Phailin

GO!

Cats & Travel > A Rant

Phailin

Purred: Fri Dec 19, '08 11:30am PST 
I flew with one cat two years ago, so I assumed it wouldn't be much of a problem to fly with two. I was looking at Alaska Airlines' website and it says that to travel with two carriers it's $100 each way for the first one and then you have to buy the seat next to you AND pay $100 each way. We're looking at $700 for me an my two cats to travel from Montana to Washington. I called the airline and asked if there were possibly any way around that rule and they were really rude. They said no one wanted my old cat in front of them. I would drive except that the mountains are covered with snow. It's completely ridiculous! Both of my cats will fit into one carrier but I'm afraid that they won't let us on the flight with it that crowded. Their vet also says it's a bad idea because they might turn on each other because of all the stress of flying. I don't know if I can get a pet sitter this late or not.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Whiskey, Jan 10 4:19 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.