Postings by DeeJay

GO!

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

Raw Food Diet > Senior Kitty Fed Raw
DeeJay

Serve me and all- shall be well!

Purred: Fri Feb 21, '14 7:59pm PST 
Quick Update. DeeJay is doing amazing. We are watching the phosphorus and feeding boneless with the eggshells added in for calcium as per the holistic vets recommendations. I love how easily DeeJay transitioned over to raw, she is eating every meal quick fast, and in a hurry which is MUCH better than she was doing on canned food, she'd eat maybe 1/4 of her meal and then walk away. She has an empty dish at each meal with raw. She also isn't eating herself like she was. She skin is improving a lot on her tummy.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by BK, Mar 7 1:48 pm

Raw Food Diet > Considering raw. Need grain free and kidney cat balanced.
DeeJay

Purred: Fri Feb 21, '14 7:57pm PST 
For my kidney cat the holistic vet recommended the boneless version of the diet with the eggshells added for calcium. She is 14 years old and doing amazing on raw.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by DeeJay, Feb 21 7:57 pm

Raw Food Diet > Senior Kitty Fed Raw

DeeJay

Purred: Sat Feb 15, '14 2:39pm PST 
So I have a senior kitty 14 & 1/2 years old who has severe arthritis with muscle wasting in her back end, and also has early stage kidney disease. I am switching her over to raw (at my vets recommendation) and just was wondering if there was anything specific I had to watch out for. I know feed low phosphorus, but anything else? Is there anything else that I need to feed or that I can feed to help her gain some muscle mass back? Or will raw feeding in and of itself help with that? She has been on raw only for about 7 days now and is doing really well with eating it. I have only had to mix canned in for a couple of her meals.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by BK, Mar 7 1:48 pm

Cat Health > Megacolon

DeeJay

Purred: Tue Dec 17, '13 7:13pm PST 
Thank you for the information. Unfortunately DeeJay is notoriously difficult to get medication into so Laxatone is out silenced I am giving her Miralax 1/4 tsp twice a day right now. She has been going every day, except she hasn't gone today. I am fortunate enough to have my dad be a retired vet so I have his input on things as well. Right now we are trying the low fiber route trying to keep the fiber under 1-1.5%.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Marie, Dec 17 11:07 pm

Cat Health > Megacolon

DeeJay

Purred: Wed Dec 11, '13 8:03pm PST 
DeeJay has been having issues, eating and not pooping, so xrays at the vet today and she has been diagnosed with Megacolon. Looking to learn all that I can about this condition. She did have an enema today and when we got home from the vet she did eat about 3oz of canned food which was great since she hadn't eaten for 24 hours.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Marie, Dec 17 11:07 pm

Cat Health > Chronic Pancreatitis
DeeJay

Purred: Wed Dec 4, '13 5:07pm PST 
So DeeJay my old girl has been losing weight, she was at the vet a couple of weeks ago, everything was normal on her bloodwork with the exception of the BUN which was 38. She did good for a little bit then since friday she's only been eating 1/4 to 1/2 of her normal amount of food, I have tried various brands of food, raw, feeding it slightly warmed, parmasan cheese and bonito flakes, and she just isn't eating much. So I took her to work with me today (I work for the vet). She's also been having facial twitches where she blinks really fast and moves her face fast. The vet did bloodwork again, and again everything was the same. So she recommended that I put the kitty on Phenobarbital for the tremors/seizures and gave me some Cyproheptadine for an appetite stimulant....it works as she ate 1/2 a can of food at the vets. She was also dehydrated today so they gave her some Subcutaneous fluids. So I took her to my dad who is a retired vet to get his opinion, and he looked at her blood work and noticed that MCH/MCHC were slightly elevated and her MPV was on the low end of normal, as well as her TP was elevated. Based on that he suspected that she is not getting oxygen like she should and may have something else going on, so he palpated her abdomen and boy oh boy was she every a grump about it, she was growling and hissing, so her tummy is really bothering her. I have noticed no vomiting, no diarrhea, nothing like that. Nothing showed up on the fecal. He also noticed that she has some congestion in her lungs. I am currently treating my boy Munchie for a respiratory infection. He said she seems to be tender in her pancreas/gall bladder area. His thinking is that she might have something like chronic low grade pancreatitis. His recommendation was to put her on antibiotics and steroids for inflammation and then see how she does. If she doesn't improve then pursue further diagnostics. She is not acting sick other than not eating as much as she normally does and losing weight. My dad does not recommend putting her on Phenobarb as her seizures are not major, even though she is having multiple ones per day. He said the affects of the medication are way worse than mini seizures.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Dec 4 6:18 pm

Food & Nutrition > How Much at one feeding?

DeeJay

Purred: Mon Dec 2, '13 2:31pm PST 
I feed my dog Prey Model Raw with balancing once a week. I do know that it's an incomplete diet, but right now I am just thrilled she is eating anything.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 22 7:02 pm

DeeJay

Purred: Sun Dec 1, '13 2:24pm PST 
We have some progress....on another forum it was suggested to try some raw (which isn't too hard for me as that's what I feed my dog just haven't been able to transition my kitties over), so this morning I gave her some chicken thigh, she ate about 4 dime sized pieces of it, this afternoon she ate about 5 dime sized pieces....progress.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Dec 22 7:02 pm

DeeJay

Purred: Sun Dec 1, '13 10:32am PST 
I have talked to 2 different vets about her and had both of them review her bloodwork, both have the same conclusion, just a picky older cat. She has really good teeth, has never needed them cleaned (knocking on wood), her mouth doesn't seem painful (other than the fact she's never liked me looking in there) she has feline herpes so I think that she thinks I'm going to stuff pills when I look in it. She is only eating about 1/4 to 1/2 of a 3oz can per feeding right now.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Dec 22 7:02 pm

DeeJay

Purred: Sun Dec 1, '13 12:01am PST 
I don't think I could have the auto feeders as I have a boy Munchie who is very pushy at mealtimes and would eat everyone elses food. My hubby had the idea to put her in the office with my CH kitty Mini Dee (she pees on my couch if I don't) during the day. Mini Dee won't touch canned food, but that way I could leave some out for DeeJay to eat during the day. I have to figure out something she's lost 2oz this week.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Dec 22 7:02 pm

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.