Postings by Sadie Mae

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > stray kitties outside
Sadie Mae

wassssupp

Purred: Wed Jul 11, '07 6:58pm PST 
i can't help but feel some kinda of concern for these poor animals...they looked really skinny when we first started feeding them...they aren't AS bad as they were now and it hasn't been very long...and i know that other people in the neighborhood give them food as well because another neighbor didn't know who's cats they were either...the female cat couldn't be much over 6 months to a year old but i'm not entirely sure...she is spayed but it was done recently...looks like she's healed but her belly is still shaved it hasn't grown back yet....the male he's a bit older than her...i'm not sure as to how much older...he could be up to 2 year old maybe even a bit more...but he was so awfully skinny that for all i know he could be 5 years old ya know...but the female is around that age where she's starting to develop her personality...the lady has kids...she should have the cats in the house with her kids she they can get used to being a family not used to being outside without their family....its just horrible...i feel like i'm stuck in a rough spot...i don't want to but in...yet i kinda got attached to the little ones in the last week or so while they were hanging around....all they wanted was attention...

the main thing she said was she didn't get into any of your stuff did she...we were like no they were great to hvae around...honestly all they wanted was attention...most of the time they lay on the side walk or under the bushes and slept all day long...if we were outside they wanted us to pay some attention to them...if not they lay there and waited for us...they tried to come in the house once in a while...but we had to shoo them back out because its not our house...other than that they were a pleasure to have around...maybe now that she's home she will have them back in the house and we won't see them outside...cuz i haven't seen them since we asked her about them...although i haven't been outside much either...

thanx everyone for your help...
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by TICK, Jul 14 5:01 am

Sadie Mae

wassssupp

Purred: Wed Jul 11, '07 6:58pm PST 
i can't help but feel some kinda of concern for these poor animals...they looked really skinny when we first started feeding them...they aren't AS bad as they were now and it hasn't been very long...and i know that other people in the neighborhood give them food as well because another neighbor didn't know who's cats they were either...the female cat couldn't be much over 6 months to a year old but i'm not entirely sure...she is spayed but it was done recently...looks like she's healed but her belly is still shaved it hasn't grown back yet....the male he's a bit older than her...i'm not sure as to how much older...he could be up to 2 year old maybe even a bit more...but he was so awfully skinny that for all i know he could be 5 years old ya know...but the female is around that age where she's starting to develop her personality...the lady has kids...she should have the cats in the house with her kids she they can get used to being a family not used to being outside without their family....its just horrible...i feel like i'm stuck in a rough spot...i don't want to but in...yet i kinda got attached to the little ones in the last week or so while they were hanging around....all they wanted was attention...

the main thing she said was she didn't get into any of your stuff did she...we were like no they were great to hvae around...honestly all they wanted was attention...most of the time they lay on the side walk or under the bushes and slept all day long...if we were outside they wanted us to pay some attention to them...if not they lay there and waited for us...they tried to come in the house once in a while...but we had to shoo them back out because its not our house...other than that they were a pleasure to have around...maybe now that she's home she will have them back in the house and we won't see them outside...cuz i haven't seen them since we asked her about them...although i haven't been outside much either...

thanx everyone for your help...
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by TICK, Jul 14 5:01 am

Sadie Mae

wassssupp

Purred: Wed Jul 11, '07 12:58pm PST 
hey it's Sadie's mom. we talked the a lady up the street and we found out that the cats belong to her. she was out of town for the last 10 days and left the cats outside because the last time she was away one of them tore up her mattress...she said she doesn't know what to do with the female anymore because she's so destructive...she said she had someone coming by and making sure they had food and water but we live in NC and it has been fairly hot the last week or so and it hasnt' rained much so we're in a draught (sp?)...and i'm new to NC so i don't know if its normal for it not to rain much here...but i'm sure their water was getting fairly warm fairly quick...but i'm not exactly feeling better about the situation..we don't exactly live in an area where i would be comfortable knowing my cat was out roaming around...the houses are very close together and we are close to a fairly busy street...and my husbands stepfather saw them down by that street just a day or so ago... since i have i cat i just can't stand the fact that someone can go away for that long and know that their cats are outside wandering around...ahh...does this bother anyone else
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by TICK, Jul 14 5:01 am

Sadie Mae

wassssupp

Purred: Sat Jun 30, '07 6:53pm PST 
Mommy found 2 stray kitties outside. beautiful kitties. but they are super skinny so she gave them a bit of food. oh yeah we moved to North Carolina too. so we are new to the area and don't know anyone. but mommy is pretty sure they are strays and thats why they are so skinny. atleast she is hoping thats the case and not that someone is neglecting them or she will be even more upset. but she wants to get them some help. and doesn't want to risk sending them off to a shelter that will kill them because it didn't take but a few minutes for them to warm right up to her and let her pet them. one even rolled over and exposed his belly wanted it rubbed. which mommy has read is unusual for cats unless they feel comfortable and safe doing it. does anyone have any ideas. or live in the raleigh area and want some kitties. mommy can't afford to keep them and can't afford the vet bills to take care of them. and the apartment we are going to be living in won't allow 3 kitties.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by TICK, Jul 14 5:01 am

Cats & Travel > a few questions about moving

Sadie Mae

wassssupp

Purred: Mon Feb 19, '07 11:24am PST 
i'll have to check out the rescue remedy...where can i find it at...

as for the living situation...it will be temporary if we have to stay there...but probably atleast 6 months...
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by TGM Gimli DB #101a, Mar 21 9:12 pm

Grooming > I've got dry skin flakes!
Sadie Mae

wassssupp

Purred: Sun Feb 18, '07 12:53pm PST 
my vet told mommy and daddy to use johnson and johnson baby shampoo...mommy hasn't done it yet because she doesn't have any but has been curious if its a good thing to do...mommy's friend had to do that for her dog and it worked...but she wasn't sure if it was okay for cats too...
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Harley, Mar 30 10:34 pm

Cats & Travel > a few questions about moving

Sadie Mae

wassssupp

Purred: Sun Feb 18, '07 12:46pm PST 
hey Sadie's mom here...my husband and i are moving from pennsylvania to north carolina...its about a 10 hour drive...obviously we are taking Sadie with us...we wouldn't give her up for anything...but our biggest concern is the long travel...with no litterbox and being in a carrier...she doesn't like being in the car very much to begin with...but the vet said to put her in a carrier and give her catnip because it will calm her down....i thought catnip made them active...but Sadie doesn't really respond to catnip...when we first got her we couldn't find toys without it...and i was told that being exposed to catnip at a young age makes them immune to it so to speak...
is there anything you can recommend for the long drive...

another thing is there is a chance that we may be staying wiht people who have dogs and cats...she hasn't been exposed to other animals very much and the last encounter she had was when my sister brought her dog to my house and the dog cornered Sadie in the bathroom and she attacked the dog...as more of a defense mechanism becuase she felt threatened...

is it going to be hard for her to adjust to other animals if we have to stay with these people....
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by TGM Gimli DB #101a, Mar 21 9:12 pm

Grooming > Lost whisker

Sadie Mae

wassssupp

Purred: Thu Jan 25, '07 2:58pm PST 
thank you so much for replying so quickly...mom was very confused... she said she's going to save it because she has my first tooth that i lost...its in her jewelry box...whatever that is..MOL
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 25 7:32 pm

Grooming > Lost whisker

Sadie Mae

wassssupp

Purred: Thu Jan 25, '07 1:29pm PST 
Mommy found what she strongly believes is one of my whiskers on the coffee table. She is wondering what causes them to fall out and will it grow back?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jan 25 7:32 pm

Behavior & Training > I have a question
Sadie Mae

wassssupp

Purred: Thu Jul 13, '06 10:36am PST 
lol. i know some kitties like that.. Sadie hasn't been around little kids much. when they were around she was very curious but wasn't allowed to get too close because she was still small and was very playful, and i was worried about her scratching the baby. but thank you very much for your response. i didn't think it was true. my sisters kitty always slept in the crib with her son when he was little but never laid on him or got too close...he layed at the opposite end as my nephew...
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jul 15 6:51 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.