GO!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Read Any Good Books Lately? Great cat fiction list of books!

Other posts by this user

Purred: Sat Jul 30, '05 7:56pm PST 
One of the most humourous & endearing non-fiction books I read awhile ago was written by Peter Gethers about his dearly loved Scottish Fold kitty "Norton". The book is called, "The Cat Who Went To Paris". Norton was quite a character - very sociable and outgoing - and travelled with Mr. Gethers everywhere. A second book, "A Cat Abroad" continued Norton's adventures with his human. Very pleasant summertime reading and a must for cat lovers.
[notify]

» There has since been 243 posts. Last posting by mIcHiS, Aug 29 2:29 pm

Catster Crushes > Who is Your Catster Crush?

Other posts by this user

Purred: Thu Jul 28, '05 8:12pm PST 
I will stand silently in the shadows and acknowledge your choice Selket. I'll never speak of this topic again.
[notify]

» There has since been 1067 posts. Last posting by Spikey, Feb 4 3:50 pm

Catster Crushes > Who is Your Catster Crush?

Other posts by this user

Purred: Thu Jul 28, '05 1:44pm PST 
Well Michael P., how does the saying go, "All good things come to he who waits." I'm a very, very patient cat. And let's see, I'm 3 years younger than you. I'm not wishing any harm your way sir, but best you look after yourself next time you jump on a shoulder. (The line to Selket could be a lot shorter!)
[notify]

» There has since been 1070 posts. Last posting by Spikey, Feb 4 3:50 pm

Grooming > keeping clean

Other posts by this user

Purred: Thu Jul 28, '05 3:18am PST 
Well first I'd say don't feed Luci any dairy products because they usually cause cats to have bowel problems, i.e. diarrhea, soft stools & gas. Perhaps you've seen that your post you had under "Health" has had a response by another "long-haired" cat who has an interesting solution (hair trimming).

If her stools continue to be soft it may be due to the food she's eating, i.e. Purina. Take a look at the label. If it contains corn, corn by-products, soy, soy by-products, other grains, sugar, these are difficult for cats to digest and result in gastric problems. If you haven't taken her to your vet to screen out possible health problems first, I would recommend doing that first, then seeing if it's her diet.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 28 3:18 am

Behavior & Training > Problems with Getting Along

Other posts by this user

Purred: Wed Jul 27, '05 7:44pm PST 
Well your previous cats were all male & perhaps Tanner was used to being with "the boys". Bobbi could be intimidating to Tanner and of course she is a different sex. You could try giving Tanner his "own space" somewhere in your home that is "off limits" to Bobbi and maybe this would lure him to stay home/come home more often. Once he gets into a regular pattern of coming home you can reintroduce the two of them to each other again slowly. They may never be great buddies, but hopefully one day they may tolerate each other.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tiek, Jul 30 3:34 pm

Cat Health > How do I get rid of that embarassing gas???

Other posts by this user

Purred: Wed Jul 27, '05 4:27pm PST 
Rule #1 - no cat will ever starve itself to death. And since it appears that Sox has never missed a meal don't cave in when she turns up her nose and refuses to eat a new food. The key is to gradually change her over to a new food (read the directions on the bag of the new food) over the specified period. This way she won't get sick and can adjust to the new food and amount.

I think that perhaps she would do quite well with Newman's Own Organics, Senior variety. You can get it in a 3 lb bag to try (Chicken & Rice). You can read about their pet food at www.newmansownorganics.com
Another problem with older cats is that their sense of smell fades and you may have to feed them a bit of canned food, by itself or mixed with the dry. Newman's also makes tins of cat food in 2 sizes. My cat was pretty picky as well - he wouldn't touch the other so-called premium cat food such as IAMS, Science Diet, Nutro, Eukanuba, Wellness, etc. He knew what he wanted - protein and lots of it! He even eats the Newman dry kibble as a treat. Hope this is helpful to you. Don't give up, and give it a try.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 1 5:11 am

Cat of the Day & Week > Diary of the Day

Other posts by this user

Purred: Wed Jul 27, '05 10:10am PST 
From yesterday's receipient to today's receipient: very funny, very witty diary Cody! Now, if you could just hide that bath soap you'd almost have complete control over your mistress... Congratulations!
[notify]

» There has since been 64 posts. Last posting by Scooter ~ Our Angel, Feb 5 7:34 am

Other posts by this user

Purred: Wed Jul 27, '05 6:40am PST 
Me again. I was interested in finding out who made the Walmart's cat food since I had an idea that Walmart didn't. Guess what? Del Monte is the big conglomerate who sells Walmart its cat chow, so you're probably getting crappy 9-Lives kibble substitute under the Walmart name when you go shopping. When I read the ingredient listing for 9-lives kibble it's no wonder your poor cat is feeling gassy & ill - there's enough corn, corn-byproducts, additives, wheat flour, etc., in there to start a nuclear plant!

Another culprit which will give cats gas are dairy products, i.e. milk, cheese, ice cream, any milk-based product. Cat's digestive systems cannot break it down and it ferments in their gut. Voila, more gas. However it's still wise to have your vet check your cat out just to make sure that there's no physical ailment such as irritable bowel, hormonal imbalance, diabetes, etc., that could be causing some of the other problems.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Aug 1 5:11 am

Other posts by this user

Purred: Wed Jul 27, '05 6:18am PST 
Have you seen a vet? You are overweight, probably from eating too much of the wrong type, and too much of cheap catfood. But you also should be checked for possible health problems. Re problems finding a new food to eat: try to avoid foods containing corn or soy, meat by-products, sugars, artificial dyes, and colouring. Two high quality brands I can recommend are Innova and Newman's Own Organics (both make dry & wet varieties). They are highly digestible. Follow the transition feeding directions on the bags to avoid stomach upset. I feed Newman's to my cat and he's in perfect health. You also will find that your cat will be satisfied with less food because it's higher protein. The cheap foods are full of "filler", i.e. grains, such as corn and soy. Cats cannot digest grains well, hence this is why you may have your "gas" problem.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Aug 1 5:11 am

Food & Nutrition > Meow Mix?

Other posts by this user

Purred: Tue Jul 26, '05 7:15pm PST 
Of course little Aragorn gobbles up those gooey globs of Meow Mix. If you read the ingredient listing (I'm assuming you are feeding him the new packets in their "Fillet Meow, Hook, Line & Sinker, and What's The Catch" series) it doesn't matter what it says the flavour is on the outside, the first ingredient listed is TUNA, then fish broth, usually tuna liver, and finally the main ingredient. Further down you see CANE SUGAR. What on earth is sugar doing in cat food? But what is troubling is the amount of tuna which is not good for some cats, especially some male cats as it can cause bladder stones. If you look at any of the Meow Mix DRY foods they are even worse. Thirty years ago I mistakenly fed this horrible stuff to my cat (it was bad back then) and I'm sad to say that it really hasn't changed much. Sorry if I sound harsh but I cannot recommend this catfood. Your kitty would be better off eating a better brand of food.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Arthur (Miss You! '93-'09), Aug 22 1:51 am

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.