Postings by Scooter ~ Our Angel

GO!

(Page 1 of 169: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Plus Power of the Paw > Atlas Is Making His Way to the Bridge Today
Scooter ~- Our Angel

It's all about- 'The Scootster'

Purred: Fri Jul 20, '12 9:55pm PST 
Atlas was always willing to help. He helped me countless times.

Peaceful journey to you, Atlas, and peace and comfort to your family.
hug
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Scooter ~ Our Angel, Jul 20 9:55 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Atlas Is Making His Way to the Bridge Today
Scooter ~- Our Angel

Purred: Fri Jul 20, '12 9:47pm PST 
Atlas helped me many, many times. He was always checking in the forums to see if there were technical problems he could help with, but he liked to have fun in the forums with the rest of us, too.

His daddy is the nicest guy - truly a cat guy.

Peaceful journey to you, Atlas, and peace and comfort to your family.
hug
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Jul 22 5:59 am

Behavior & Training > Drinking from Paw?

Scooter ~- Our Angel

Purred: Tue Jun 19, '12 1:13pm PST 
Emily, the key is whether it's a "new" behavior or not. I think that's why Charlie's mom wondered if she should be concerned, because it was a new behavior for him at age 6.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Scooter ~ Our Angel, Jun 19 1:13 pm

Scooter ~- Our Angel

Purred: Mon Jun 18, '12 8:51pm PST 
Emily, I remembered that as something that cats with chronic kidney disease might do. I had kidney disease but I never played with water, either. The link I gave above, from the website TANYA'S COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE TO FELINE CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE, says this:

"Some cats like to play with their water bowls from an early age, but some CKD [chronic kidney disease] cats develop a bit of an obsession with water, and may play with their water bowl or paw at the water. You may see other new behaviours, such as drinking from showers or gutters, or hanging around sinks and begging for fresh running water from the tap. All these types of behaviour may indicate stomach acid. Other possible causes include dehydration or diabetes."

That's a reliable website, so I trust that it's accurate, but I can't explain why it makes them play with water. I can understand the "obsession" with water and why they might play with water then, but I'm not sure I understand why stomach acid would cause some cats to play with water. Maybe they want to drink, but their stomach is so upset that even the thought of actually drinking the water makes them nauseous, so they just play with it instead? I really don't know.
shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Scooter ~ Our Angel, Jun 19 1:13 pm

Scooter ~- Our Angel

Purred: Mon Jun 18, '12 5:07pm PST 
Besides a tooth/mouth issue which might change the way a cat drinks water, cats with kidney disease will sometimes play in their water.

http://www.felinecrf.org/nausea_vomiting_stomach_acid.htm#water_playing

That doesn't mean a health issue caused the change for Charlie, and I would not necessarily classify what Charlie's doing as playing with water, but it's always a good idea to stay alert for changes, like you've been doing.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Scooter ~ Our Angel, Jun 19 1:13 pm

Cat Health > Edison's Health Problems
Scooter ~- Our Angel

Purred: Wed Mar 14, '12 10:27am PST 
Yay for all the good news! Hopefully the abscess is a one-time thing for Edison and won't bother him again (Scooter never had another abscess).

Purrring that all goes well with the anesthesia. hug Hopefully he'll start feeling better right away with that abscess gone.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Mar 15 9:48 am

Scooter ~- Our Angel

Purred: Tue Mar 13, '12 6:32pm PST 
Best of luck tomorrow. Hopefully it's nothing worse than an abscess. Purrrrring for Edison.
Please do let us know what you find out.
hug
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Mar 15 9:48 am

Scooter ~- Our Angel

Purred: Tue Mar 13, '12 12:39pm PST 
My first thought (before I finished reading the entire post) was an abscess in his mouth. That would make him not want to eat. Also, Scooter once had an abscess, apparently inside her mouth, that made a visible poofy spot under her chin. I couldn't figure out at first why all of a sudden one day she wouldn't eat, then I saw the poofy place. But she wouldn't let me get near it to touch it -- she'd turn her head away and duck to make sure I couldn't touch that spot. (A trip to the vet, some anti-biotics and she was doing better within 24 hours. She was too old and with kidneys too questionable to have her teeth taken care of at that point, so things had to be dealt with as they came up, as you're doing with Edison.)

Since Edison doesn't seem to mind you touching the spot, I don't know if an abscess is likely... but that was my first thought.

The baby food is a good idea, too. It might be tempting enough to get him to eat on his own... or, Scooter would still usually lick baby food off my finger when she just wouldn't eat anything on her own -- it tasted better off Mom's finger.

I hope Edison starts feeling better soon. hug I think I'd try to get him in sooner to see the vet.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Mar 15 9:48 am

Cat Health > Kitties and Bees

Scooter ~- Our Angel

Purred: Mon Oct 10, '11 6:15pm PST 
I was stung a couple of times. The first time, the front paw and leg that I'd "caught" the bee with swelled up, really large -- huge! To Mom it seemed like it doubled in size. The sting happened in the evening and some swelling started soon after. The swelling got worse through the evening and night (Mom was awake most of the night watching me), but by morning it started to go down. So I'd say it peaked well before 12 hours, maybe in 7-9 hours, then started going down. The next day, I was fine.

Mom called the emergency clinic after it happened and was told it should not be a problem, even with the swelling, but to watch for signs of distress such as rapid breathing. I had no signs of distress -- that was Mom. laugh out loud

The next time I was stung, my paw only swelled up a little bit. I don't know why -- maybe it wasn't as bad a sting?
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Louis Armstrong - ILM, Oct 24 11:51 am

What I Love About Catster > The Late Late Show - Act IV
Scooter ~- Our Angel

Purred: Fri Jul 29, '11 9:31pm PST 
Waaa, everyone left while I had my eyes closed for a couple seconds. It was just a short cat-nap. kitty

Goodnight. wave cloud 9
[notify]

» There has since been 9785 posts. Last posting by Jerry (formerly Bondi), Fri 10:23 pm

(Page 1 of 169: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.