GO!

(Page 1 of 113: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > cold wet food causes problems?
Hattie

NaMeowSte

Purred: Thu Feb 25, '10 4:47am PST 
Here's another way for your human to warm up refrigerated food:

1. Warm a ceramic mug by pouring in boiling water.
2. Let the water sit in the mug for a few minutes to warm up the mug.
3. Pour out the water and spoon the food in, pressing it against the bottom and walls of the mug.
4. Let the food sit in the mug for a minute or two, then spoon it into the serving dish.

Here's the process for you as the kitty:
1. Bug your human for your meal.
2. Follow your human into the kitchen as he/she goes to the fridge.
3. Impatiently meow and rub against the human as he/she does the steps above.
4. Enjoy your room-temperature meal!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Feb 26 10:26 am

Choosing the Right Cat > How can I send him back? Help me choose if I should keep him...
Hattie

NaMeowSte

Purred: Mon Oct 26, '09 4:27pm PST 
I agree with Kisu. (And if you've already got a Catster page set up, you may have already made the choice! smile ) Minou sounds so sweet, and a wonderful addition to the family. Enjoy!
[notify]

» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by , Nov 4 1:41 pm

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > The Foreign Legion

Hattie

NaMeowSte

Purred: Wed Mar 18, '09 3:30am PST 
hughughug

*tears*

My dear friend and Big Sister Selket ... may your journey be safe and pleasant. You will be in my heart always.

*curls up in a tiny ball to sleep and enjoy memories of sweet Selket*

Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
[notify]

» There has since been 265 posts. Last posting by , Sat 8:46 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Selket Goes Beyond

Hattie

NaMeowSte

Purred: Wed Mar 18, '09 2:55am PST 
*tears*

Many cheekrubs and purrs to Cole, Jacques and the Cat Mother.

Vijay, I know you'll take good care of our sweet Selket.
[notify]

» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by , Mar 27 8:27 pm

Local Tips, Playdates & Meetups > Fetch Pet Care?

Hattie

NaMeowSte

Purred: Sun Feb 15, '09 7:47am PST 
Does anyone have experience using Fetch Pet Care for catsitting? They are a national chain and have recently opened in my area, so the human is curious. It seems good to have a service with national standards, that they's be more accountable, but you never know.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 15 7:47 am

Food & Nutrition > Vet pushing expensive diet food on me... Need alternatives!
Hattie

NaMeowSte

Purred: Sun Feb 15, '09 7:36am PST 
Everyone's giving good advice ... I'll add my own two cents.

Ingredients: one of the things my human keeps in mind is what I would normally eat if I were doing my own hunting, shopping, what have you. (Not that she would get me a mouse!) The fact is that if you went to a farm, you wouldn't see cats fighting over ears of corn or bushels of wheat. So it's clear that the biggest part of a cat's meal should be meat. Not by-products or 'meal,' meat. My experience with Science Diet is that a lot of their recipes are heavy on grain of one sort or another. And that's not good if you're trying to lose weight. The nutrients we need as carnivores are just not going to be there in bulk if we're eating largely grain. That's why kitties on SD eat so much. If we eat meals that are primarily meat, we get more of our nutrients in a smaller meal. Eat less = get slimmer.

The important thing to remember about the vet is that they work for you, and you have a choice of what advice to take. The doctors we like are the ones who are willing to listen and investigate with your human. One approach we've taken is to ask the vet what they feed their own pets, and why. And what the contents of the prescribed food are, and how the ingredients contribute to helping you lose weight. Since many have not been taught nutrition through the vet schools, they take as gospel what the food companies tell them. If they don't like what you are saying, or vice versa, you are totally within your rights to find a new vet.

As for the free feeding and working late, my human has had the same struggles from time to time, feeling bad because I'm home waiting for her to make dinner. Then someone pointed something out to her: humans don't always eat at the same time either. Yes, they get cranky and hungry, but they eat when they get the chance. Same goes for us. If we were out in the wild, there wouldn't be prey coming up to us at appointed hours, introducing themselves as breakfast or dinner. Yes, we are creatures of habit, and it's great when humans cater to that, but sometimes we just have to suck it up and wait. It's annoying, but our humans have to have lives, too.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Feb 16 8:09 pm

What I Love About Catster > The Late Late Show - Act IV

Hattie

NaMeowSte

Purred: Thu Feb 5, '09 5:11pm PST 
hug Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
[notify]

» There has since been 28541 posts. Last posting by , Fri 11:11 pm

Raw Food Diet > I don\'t have a lot of teeth - can I still eat raw?

Hattie

NaMeowSte

Purred: Wed Oct 22, '08 5:36pm PST 
I agree with Watson. The way my human makes my food, it's all ground up, so no chunks to have to pick up, and it comes apart easily when I lick it. (Not like some canned foods that are really just one big chunk.)
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jan 23 6:35 am

Behavior & Training > Treats for training??

Hattie

NaMeowSte

Purred: Tue Oct 21, '08 5:28pm PST 
Zuke's Natural Purrz are pretty good -- easy for humans to 'palm' as they're trying to get you to do something. I like 'em. They're tasty.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 29 7:39 am

Cat Health > I'm losing my fur! :(
Hattie

NaMeowSte

Purred: Sun Oct 12, '08 5:45pm PST 
Maxie, sounds like stress could be a good guess. There are a couple of things you might try. First is Bach's Rescue Remedy Cream, which is a natural remedy based on flower essences. You can read more about hit here: http://www.nelsonsstore.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code= NS&Product_Code=BF01463&Category_Code=RR

My human has used this with me when I lick myself bald, and it does help. I've never had a bad reaction to it, either on the skin or from ingesting it.

My vet also recently told us that fish oil can be helpful on the skin, too, but we haven't tried it.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 12 5:45 pm

(Page 1 of 113: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.