Postings by Pepper

GO!

Food & Nutrition > Evo? whats your thoughts?

Pepper

The Cuddle Bug

Purred: Wed Dec 18, '13 10:09pm PST 
Hello! Me and my BF buy Wellness 24 12.5 oz cans on Amazon for $27.58 with free two day shipping. The food has come in tact with no signs of ware and tare and the food is not spoiled. I always buy my stuff on amazon because it's fairly cheap, so you should look at it! =)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000084EZ4/ref=oh_details_o05 _s02_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pepper, Dec 18 10:09 pm

Behavior & Training > 3 Month Old Kitten Rolling in freshly cleaned litter box... meaning?
Pepper

The Cuddle Bug

Purred: Fri Dec 13, '13 12:24pm PST 
Thanks for the reply! way to go
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kaylee & Amelia, Dec 14 6:35 am

Behavior & Training > 3 Month Old Kitten Rolling in freshly cleaned litter box... meaning?

Pepper

The Cuddle Bug

Purred: Fri Dec 13, '13 7:14am PST 
Hello! So I have a 3 month old domestic medium/long? hair kitten...and I've recently noticed that he likes to roll around in his litter box... I read online that this is because they either have an itch or they do this to get rid of bacteria/pesticides, so I was just wondering if this is normal?

I saw the Ask a Cat Lady video about why our cats like to go in the litter box once it's cleaned or new litter. Which makes sense as to why, but any reason for this behavior? Thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Kaylee & Amelia, Dec 14 6:35 am

Food & Nutrition > Trying to boost my kitties immune system.

Pepper

The Cuddle Bug

Purred: Thu Dec 12, '13 9:30am PST 
Awesome! Thanks again for the information! Truly appreciate it! big grin
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pepper, Dec 12 9:30 am

Pepper

The Cuddle Bug

Purred: Wed Dec 11, '13 4:04pm PST 
Thank you for the reply! smile
My next question now is... how much L-Lysine is too much? I found these treats online ( http://www.amazon.com/Pet-Naturals-Vermont-L-Lysine-Fish-Shaped/dp/B 006OCG4JY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1386806607&sr=8-4&keywords=l-lysine ) and found out that my local Petfoodexpress has them, so I'll be picking some up. Is 250 mg enough? or can they be given the 500 mg dosage?
Thanks so much in advance for all of your help! smile
It is truly appreciated.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Pepper, Dec 12 9:30 am

Pepper

The Cuddle Bug

Purred: Wed Dec 11, '13 9:18am PST 
Thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate it. smile
I might note that ever since Oliver's been home (he was brought two days before Thanksgiving Day), Pepper has never once sneezed or has watery eyes.. maybe because she's older and her immune system has been boosted?
I was also reading online that Fish Oil liquid capsules is also a great way to boost their immune system.. but seen that other people recommend to just give them sardines(none salted) and/or salmon. What are your thoughts on this?

My neighbor actually gave me some kitty treats that contain Omega 3 supplement but only about 10%. Which I'm under the impression that it's not enough. I'll definitely try the L-lysine! Do you know if it has a smell to it? I've also read that some cats wont touch their food if it has a "new" smell to it.
Sorry for all of the questions... lol. I just want what's best for them so I'd like to get correctly educated.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Pepper, Dec 12 9:30 am

Pepper

The Cuddle Bug

Purred: Tue Dec 10, '13 10:00pm PST 
Hello! I have a 7 month old Maine Coon girl (Pepper!) that weighs 7.70 lbs and an orange tabby/domestic medium hair boy named Oliver! He is 3 months old and weighs 3.10 pounds. I first got Pepper when she was only 2 months old, she was a very hyper and playful kitty! Oliver is like that now, full of energy and playful... BUT, he sneezes a lot... No buggers coming out of his nose and no cough. Just an occasional sneeze and his eyes tend to get watery after he has his sneezing episode... I took him to the vet and was told he had a URI, "kitty cold" is how they worded it and prescribed him "Doxycycline" 100mg to be given twice a day orally for 10 days... So I finished the prescription, which actually toned down the sneezing, and he's back at it at sneezing. I've done A LOT of research and asked all sorts of questions at the vet to see if he possibly had kitty herpes or something worse... but was rest assured that this was not the case. So! Today I've been looking at natural ways to improve their immune systems. Both Pepper and Oliver are on a strict wet food "Wellness" brand diet and get occasional dry food. (once a month...?)

So anyways, they're both really happy kitties and are unconditionally loved. I would just like to get your opinions and thoughts on human supplements would work on my feline children.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Pepper, Dec 12 9:30 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.