Postings by Gemma

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Cat Health > Does my cat need an IV and Blood work for spay?
Gemma

Purred: Tue Feb 25, '14 6:38am PST 
Hey everyone,

So my 6month old cat is going to be spayed tomorrow. That basic spay is 286 dollars but theres options for IV and pre-op blood work. If I got them both the vet bill would be around 450 dollars which is something we can not afford, so I was thinking of maybe just picking one. Which one is more important?

Also my SO mom got her cat spayed at this place also and she just got the basics done (no blood work or IV), and she turned out fine. I am just a nervous mommy to my kitty and I want her to be completely safe. Any advice?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Mar 14 12:27 pm

Cat Health > Kitten diarrhea for 5 days
Gemma

Purred: Wed Oct 16, '13 10:42am PST 
I only gave her one can of the blue buffalo and then I switched back right away when I saw the diarrhea (that was on Friday) and it isn't clearing up. Its a normal brown color, so there's no blood in it. We took her to the vet a week before this started to happen and she had a clean bill of health as well. Can the Revolution cause diarrhea for a while? or even that one can of blue wilderness? this seems really weird because her poop was completely normal before.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Draco, Oct 16 12:48 pm

Gemma

Purred: Wed Oct 16, '13 6:43am PST 
The Revolution box says 6 wks and up! She still eats very well (after every nap) but she doesn't really drink much. She only eats the canned wet food so she should be getting her water from that. Ill keep a close eye on it. Hopefully it will clear up soon. She doesn't show signs of discomfort she is still plays a lot and acts as happy as can be.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Draco, Oct 16 12:48 pm

Kitten Corner > How to get kitten to cover poop.

Gemma

Purred: Tue Oct 15, '13 9:03pm PST 
So my kitten wont cover up her poop. She will dig before she pees and poo's but she will not cover it up. Its a problem because sometimes she will step in it and then tracks it around the house. Also it smells, so covering up would probably help with that. Is this normal and how do I teach her to cover up!?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Laila, Oct 16 1:47 pm

Gemma

Purred: Tue Oct 15, '13 7:03pm PST 
Hi all,

As you probably know I have a 6 week old kitten. Since last Friday she has been having diarrhea. I don't know if its because of the Revolution I gave her the night before or because I decided to change her food to Blue Wilderness. Once I saw the diarrhea I changed her food back the next day but it hasn't helped. She comes out sometimes with poo all over her and I just want it to stop.

She has a vet appointment on the 26th of October for her first set of shots. I don't know if I should wait til then. Is there anything I can do? I hear pumpkin can help and I have some pure pumpkin puree in my fridge. She also isn't dehydrated. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

P.s. It's not watery its just very soft and looks like a big blob.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Draco, Oct 16 12:48 pm

Kitten Corner > My kitten gave me a hickey!
Gemma

Purred: Tue Oct 15, '13 8:13am PST 
So I have a 6 week old kitten and she has this habit where she climbs on top of my chest, buries her head in my bra and starts to suck on my skin. I don`t know if she think I have milk or something but it becomes very annoying and she often leaves little hickys on me. Whenever I pick her up and say no, she meows and jumps right back on. And the weird thing is she only does it when no one is around. I had to video it to show people because they didn`t believe me.

Anyway what is this behavior? Will she grow out of it?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Violet, Oct 15 7:21 pm

Cat Health > Can I give my 5.5 week old cat Revolution?

Gemma

Purred: Fri Oct 11, '13 10:25am PST 
I gave it to her yesterday morning she seems fine and happy. Been playing all day!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Gemma, Oct 11 10:25 am

Food & Nutrition > Need help deciding what is the best food for my kitten.

Gemma

Purred: Fri Oct 11, '13 10:22am PST 
Thanks so much for your advice guys! I actually didnt have to ease her into at all. I gave her a small sample of it this morning and she gobbled it all up! She really liked it!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Gemma, Oct 11 10:22 am

Food & Nutrition > Need help deciding what is the best food for my kitten.

Gemma

Purred: Thu Oct 10, '13 11:59am PST 
Hello All

So last week I got a kitten, she is 6 weeks old now and for the week I've had her I've been feeding her friskies wet food. I know its not the greatest brand so I did some research and a lot of people seem to praise Blue Wilderness. I went to get 3 cans of it today to see if she likes it and if she doesn't Ill try adding it to the food she has been eating to ease her into it.

I want to know what are your opinions on Blue Wilderness or any other cat/kitten food that would benefit her health. I also bought her the treats from blue wilderness and friskies and she isn't interested in either of them. Is it normal for a kitten to not like treats?

Also I know a lot of people are into the Raw food diet but it is out of the question for us. Thanks.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Gemma, Oct 11 10:22 am

Cat Health > Can I give my 5.5 week old cat Revolution?
Gemma

Purred: Thu Oct 10, '13 6:49am PST 
Forgot to add that the revolution is for kittens less than 2.5kg. MG per tube is 15 mg.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Gemma, Oct 11 10:25 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.