GO!

Grooming > cat doesnt like grooming

Malice

Purred: Fri Oct 4, '13 5:42am PST 
Ive used a comb and a wire brush both designed for cats... I'll try a rubber one, thank you!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 4 5:42 am

Behavior & Training > Malice is very upset about new kittens arrival
Malice

Purred: Fri Oct 4, '13 5:41am PST 
Hi Thanks for your responce, have tried all these except for the Felliway, I'll be dropping by the local pet shop later for some! Thanks for the advice!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Baron, Oct 20 4:34 pm

Grooming > cat doesnt like grooming

Malice

Purred: Fri Sep 27, '13 11:27am PST 
My Malice hates being brushed, she is medium haired and moults like crazy... any tips for trying to convince her that grooming is nice?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 4 5:42 am

Cats and a Clean Home > nervous about house developing "cat smell"

Malice

Purred: Fri Sep 27, '13 11:21am PST 
just make sure you keep on top of cleaning the litter tray. You can also buy litter tray deoderants, although some cats do not like them. Also if you feed your cat a diet of only dry food then it will keep the smelly poos at bay. Vacuuming regularly is essential at least once a week, more often around the liter tray. You can also try keeping an air freshener by the tray too, keep away from citrus scented ones as cats do not like it.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kaylee & Amelia, Oct 3 5:07 pm

Behavior & Training > Need a "pee deterent" product

Malice

Purred: Fri Sep 27, '13 7:26am PST 
I havent had this problem with my cats for a long time. Malice used to pee on my bed in the night to wake me up but she has sinced been banished from the bedroom and the problem has not occured elsewhere. However I recently have had an issue with her clawing the carpet while frantically trying to get into my bedroom outside of the bedroom door. I ordered a bitter apple spray from amazon but in the mean time I put a few drops on Olbas Oil on the carpet as she hates the smell. Did the trick straight away. The bitter apple spray seems to work too.

Hope this is some help to you
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ben, Sep 27 7:39 am

Behavior & Training > Malice is very upset about new kittens arrival
Malice

Purred: Fri Sep 27, '13 7:21am PST 
Malice is 5 years old and has lived on her own with me and my family since she was 8 weeks old. We have just introduced a new kitten into the home and she is not a happy kitty. Although not the most social of animals when it comes to strangers she does love to play with me and my boyfriend. As she is still kitten like so we decided that bringing a kitten into the home rather than an adopted adult was a better option for her. To begin with they were kept seperate but this did not last long as the new addition shouts at the top of his voice when he is put in his own room.

Malice seems happier with him quiet and running around than with him away and shouting however she will not get out of her bed while he is around. She hisses when he goes near her. She also used to hiss at us if we touched her without washing our hands after touching him but this has stopped now which i guess is progress.We make sure that she is fed first, given a fuss first and given treats first.

I know this can be a lengthy process but seeing how upset my baby is, is very distressing to me.

Any advice to make this change easier on Malice?

thank you
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Baron, Oct 20 4:34 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.