Postings by Jerry (formerly Bondi)

GO!

(Page 1 of 25: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > Can Marijuana seep into cat's pores?
Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Wed Mar 25, '15 9:25am PST 
Unless the cats are being forced to inhale concentrated smoke, I don't think there's any danger of drug-induced effects. Environmental smoke from any source, though, can lead to long-term lung damage and breathing problems.

I'd be a more worried about the kittens who are being bred and sold by people who aren't concerned about their health. Not only are they being exposed to second-hand smoke, but 5-6 weeks of age is too young to be separated from their mother. I hope they will have several more weeks with her before you plan to take them.

Chloe makes a valid point, as well, that it's generally not advisable to give pets as gifts. I hope you've already discussed this thoroughly with your sister and know that she is prepared to take on the responsibility of the guardianship of two cats, especially if they turn out to have special needs.

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Lucipurr, Sun 9:18 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Playful Older Kitten Needs a Good Home (Georgia)
Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Sun Mar 22, '15 2:21pm PST 
It sounds like you have a kitty you love and who loves you. Why do you think that giving her away would be better for her than staying with you?

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jerry (formerly Bondi), Mar 22 2:21 pm

What I Love About Catster > The Late Late Show - Act IV

Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Fri Mar 20, '15 11:09pm PST 
Oh, it's that cool cat with the cool car! wave

I wanna sit by the window! *zooms in*

» There has since been 384 posts. Last posting by Sundance, Fri 10:40 pm

Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Fri Mar 20, '15 10:25pm PST 
How can ya go wrong with cream cheese? kitty

» There has since been 396 posts. Last posting by Sundance, Fri 10:40 pm

Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Fri Mar 20, '15 10:15pm PST 
*tosses Gimli an mousie for the road* happy dance

» There has since been 400 posts. Last posting by Sundance, Fri 10:40 pm

Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Fri Mar 20, '15 10:06pm PST 
Shannara! laugh out loudapplause

*tosses Shannara a mousie*

» There has since been 407 posts. Last posting by Sundance, Fri 10:40 pm

Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Fri Mar 20, '15 9:51pm PST 
*runs in with balloons and tosses mousies to all the kits*wishes

Happy Birthday, Shade!

*sets a gift bag in front of Shade* laugh out loud

» There has since been 413 posts. Last posting by Sundance, Fri 10:40 pm

Kitten Corner > I've run away.

Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Fri Mar 20, '15 10:36am PST 
They say that putting things that smell familiar around the outside of the house can help. Put his litterbox out by the door, and some blankets and things with your smell on them.

Are you on Facebook? I belong to several local groups on FB that share information regarding lost and found pets. You can check if there's one in your area that can share Bo's photo and how to reach you if anyone sees him.

Good luck! Keep us posted! hug

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Mr D - D'boat #19, Mar 24 1:59 am

Cat Health > 4 vets, 2 clinics, no answers - please help Roman!

Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Thu Mar 12, '15 7:26pm PST 
I'm so sorry you and Roman are going through this! Sending purrs for you both! hug

Did you get the results of the x-rays from Tuesday back yet? How is Roman doing?

Please keep us posted!

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Mar 13 10:51 am

Cat Health > Cat depression?
Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Fri Feb 20, '15 1:19pm PST 
None of those behaviors you're describing sound like a cat who's in good health. Lethargy, depression, vomiting and litter box avoidance can all be signs of physical pain or illness.

Which tests did your vet do to give her a clean bill of health? Did he do blood work? Urinalysis? Fecal analysis?

How long has it been since had the vaccine? Sometimes cats feel sick for a day or two afterwards, but if it's been longer than that and she's not feeling better, that is cause for concern.

When she relieves herself outside of the box, how does her stool look? Is it soft or liquidy? Is it hard or chalky? Is it black or tarry? These are things that could also be a sign of illness.

If she were my kitty, I'd take her back to the vet or even to a different vet for a second opinion. It's possible that her symptoms have a psychological cause, but I can't help but suspect that there's more going on with her, especially since she seems to be getting worse instead of better. I definitely think that placing her in a different home would only lead to more stress for her and not less.

Good luck! Keep us posted. hug

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Lucipurr, Sun 9:45 am

(Page 1 of 25: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.