Postings by Jerry (formerly Bondi)

GO!

(Page 1 of 24: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > Cat depression?
Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Fri Feb 20, '15 1:19pm PST 
None of those behaviors you're describing sound like a cat who's in good health. Lethargy, depression, vomiting and litter box avoidance can all be signs of physical pain or illness.

Which tests did your vet do to give her a clean bill of health? Did he do blood work? Urinalysis? Fecal analysis?

How long has it been since had the vaccine? Sometimes cats feel sick for a day or two afterwards, but if it's been longer than that and she's not feeling better, that is cause for concern.

When she relieves herself outside of the box, how does her stool look? Is it soft or liquidy? Is it hard or chalky? Is it black or tarry? These are things that could also be a sign of illness.

If she were my kitty, I'd take her back to the vet or even to a different vet for a second opinion. It's possible that her symptoms have a psychological cause, but I can't help but suspect that there's more going on with her, especially since she seems to be getting worse instead of better. I definitely think that placing her in a different home would only lead to more stress for her and not less.

Good luck! Keep us posted. hug

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Feb 21 5:25 am

Kitten Corner > Indoor or outdoor
Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Thu Feb 5, '15 9:28am PST 
There are a lot of potential hazards for kitties who roam outside unsupervised...cars, predators, evil humans, diseases, traps, poisons, bad weather, or even just getting lost and not being able to get home.

We've had several cats in our family who enjoyed strolling outside with harness and leash. If you live in a house with a yard, an outdoor enclosure is also an option.

Of course you want to find the right balance between safety and adventure for your kitty, but there are definitely ways to help them enjoy the outdoors while avoiding a lot of the dangers. way to go

Good luck! Keep us posted. kitty

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Baltster 1990 ~ 2011, Feb 23 12:05 am

What I Love About Catster > The Late Late Show - Act IV

Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Fri Jan 30, '15 11:08pm PST 
*carefully steps into the limo and curls up under the blankets*

Ooh, it's warm and comfy! cloud 9

» There has since been 516 posts. Last posting by Aragorn (In Memory), Fri 11:19 pm

Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Fri Jan 30, '15 10:46pm PST 
Squirt? I'm bigger than you are now, Ben! The vet says I weigh 15 pounds. kitty

» There has since been 525 posts. Last posting by Aragorn (In Memory), Fri 11:19 pm

Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Fri Jan 30, '15 10:32pm PST 
There's a Fish Bowl? That sounds yummy! way to go

» There has since been 530 posts. Last posting by Aragorn (In Memory), Fri 11:19 pm

Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Fri Jan 30, '15 10:23pm PST 
Thanks, kits! hug

» There has since been 534 posts. Last posting by Aragorn (In Memory), Fri 11:19 pm

Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Fri Jan 30, '15 9:58pm PST 
My front leg started hurting the other day. Mommy noticed that I was walking kind of funny but couldn't figure it out at first. Then it started getting worse and I didn't want to walk on it anymore, I started shivering and didn't even come to dinner. Mommy got scared and put me in my carrier and took me to this place where they poked me and bent and pulled on my leg. Then she brought me home and squirted some stuff in my mouth that made me feel weird, but kind of better, too. I still can't walk without limping, though. red face

» There has since been 541 posts. Last posting by Aragorn (In Memory), Fri 11:19 pm

Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Fri Jan 30, '15 9:42pm PST 
*quietly limps in and and curls up on a pillow by the fire*

» There has since been 545 posts. Last posting by Aragorn (In Memory), Fri 11:19 pm

Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Fri Jan 23, '15 10:59pm PST 
Yeah, Nik! hi5

*looks at the limo*
I want to sit by the window! *zooms in*

» There has since been 574 posts. Last posting by Aragorn (In Memory), Fri 11:19 pm

Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Fri Jan 23, '15 10:51pm PST 
*swats the ball down, picks it up in his teeth and carries it to Nik, dropping it in front of him* dog

» There has since been 579 posts. Last posting by Aragorn (In Memory), Fri 11:19 pm

(Page 1 of 24: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.