Postings by Kaylee & Amelia

GO!

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

Raw Food Diet > Supplements
Kaylee &- Amelia

Snuggly Sisters!

Purred: Sun Mar 22, '15 6:49pm PST 
Awesome! I'm excited to try these down the road when I run out of vitamins!

Another question: colloidal silver...what's the deal? I have customers that swear by the stuff as a topical and internal preventative and healing supplement.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kaylee & Amelia, Sun 6:49 pm

Raw Food Diet > New to feeding raw - have some questions...
Kaylee &- Amelia

Snuggly Sisters!

Purred: Wed Mar 18, '15 1:23pm PST 
Thanks BK! Good to know, especially since I can get them pretty cheap!
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Mon 6:41 pm

Raw Food Diet > Losing Weight

Kaylee &- Amelia

Snuggly Sisters!

Purred: Wed Mar 18, '15 1:18pm PST 
It's just a little pudge at this point and 0.6 extra ounces, but I prefer to be preventative about weight gain instead of allowing her to get fat and then trying to foster weight loss.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kaylee & Amelia, Mar 18 1:18 pm

Kaylee &- Amelia

Snuggly Sisters!

Purred: Tue Mar 17, '15 6:38am PST 
Well...yes LOL, but I have been including it because it's free and money is still really tight here.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kaylee & Amelia, Mar 18 1:18 pm

Raw Food Diet > New to feeding raw - have some questions...

Kaylee &- Amelia

Snuggly Sisters!

Purred: Tue Mar 17, '15 6:36am PST 
I regularly use beef kidney when I can only find a ground raw/meat w/ no organs mix. Both my gals love it. I have also found pork kidney, but only at one store in my city, and only Kaylee likes it. I find it easier to find different livers here, and chicken beef and moose are big hits here! (My dad hunts moose). Anywho, glad to hear it's going well!

Also, BK, I recall awhile back you saying that chicken gizzards and hearts could be fed often. Just wondering how often?
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Mon 6:41 pm

Kaylee &- Amelia

Snuggly Sisters!

Purred: Sat Mar 14, '15 9:18am PST 
So I weigh the ladies once/month. Kaylee is 16.2 lbs and Amelia is 12.2lbs. Both have large frames and are long, but Kaylee is starting to seem a little chubby when I look at her from above. Amelia seems to be at an ideal weight, if not a little skinny. Basically they are both physically BIG cats, but Kaylee has some chubbiness around her belly.

As you know, I am feeding them each 2.5oz raw catinfo recipe in the morning, and a mix of Orijen kibble and Weruva or Evo canned in the evening (about 20g Orijen with 1.5 oz canned). They do get several treats per day (usually Orijen freeze-dried, My Mighty Lion, or Purebites) as we are clicker training.

We already play with them for about 20 minutes twice/day. Do you think I should be trying to get Kaylee to lose weight? Might the weight gain be related to feeding kibble? Just want o ensure both gals are healthy! Kaylee will eat anything and she is not picky. If I don't watch her like a hawk, she will try to steal Amelia's food.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kaylee & Amelia, Mar 14 9:18 am

Kaylee &- Amelia

Snuggly Sisters!

Purred: Sat Mar 14, '15 9:16am PST 
So I weigh the ladies once/month. Kaylee is 16.2 lbs and Amelia is 12.2lbs. Both have large frames and are long, but Kaylee is starting to seem a little chubby when I look at her from above. Amelia seems to be at an ideal weight, if not a little skinny. Basically they are both physically BIG cats, but Kaylee has some chubbiness around her belly.

As you know, I am feeding them each 2.5oz raw catinfo recipe in the morning, and a mix of Orijen kibble and Weruva or Evo canned in the evening (about 20g Orijen with 1.5 oz canned). They do get several treats per day (usually Orijen freeze-dried, My Mighty Lion, or Purebites) as we are clicker training.

We already play with them for about 20 minutes twice/day. Do you think I should be trying to get Kaylee to lose weight? Might the weight gain be related to feeding kibble? Just want o ensure both gals are healthy! Kaylee will eat anything and she is not picky. If I don't watch her like a hawk, she will try to steal Amelia's food.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kaylee & Amelia, Mar 18 1:18 pm

Raw Food Diet > Raw / natural cat treats

Kaylee &- Amelia

Snuggly Sisters!

Purred: Sat Mar 14, '15 9:11am PST 
BK, when you use gizzards and hearts as treats, do you use them raw? Also, I am doing a lot of clicker training with the ladies these days, so do you think I should slightly decrease their food portions? They currently get around 2.5 oz per meal twice a day each.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by BK, Mar 15 5:55 am

Kaylee &- Amelia

Snuggly Sisters!

Purred: Sat Mar 14, '15 9:10am PST 
Thanks you two!

So if I want to do just a ground meat diet with no bones or organs, I can use the Better in the Raw, but if I want to do a ground meat/bone/organ mix, I should do the Alnutrin For Meat & Bone? So I could use the Alnutrin for the catinfo recipe? Just making sure I understand correctly.

Also, any idea why the Better in the Raw uses barley grass and whey?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Kaylee & Amelia, Sun 6:49 pm

Kaylee &- Amelia

Snuggly Sisters!

Purred: Thu Mar 12, '15 8:11pm PST 
http://www.knowbetterpetfood.com/cat_food_better_in_the_raw

A friend showed me this website and they sell two supplements: one to add to a raw diet and the other to add to a homecooked diet. They look pretty good to me aside from the barley grass, psyllium and whey protein.

Any thoughts? I have enough supplements for the cat info recipe to last about a year, but I was considering this for after that...
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Kaylee & Amelia, Sun 6:49 pm

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.