Postings by Pause

GO!

Grooming > Do kittens change colors?

Pause

Purred: Mon Jul 15, '13 7:47pm PST 
OMG! Toby and Pause could be brothers! His fur/hair is long and lays flat and is very straight. He has the same stripes on his legs. Are you in Southern Illinois?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Toby, Jul 16 3:40 am

Grooming > Do kittens change colors?
Pause

Purred: Mon Jul 15, '13 8:40am PST 
Hi, I have a 3 almost 4 month old tabby name Pause. When I got him at 7 weeks, he was black and white, with black and white stripes on his paws. The hair under his chin was white also. Now he seems to be changing colors. He's now black with grey, silver, gold, and brown hair. He had long hair, and now it seems as if his hair is getting shorter on the sides. I thought he was a longhair tabby, but could he actually be longhaired as a kitten, and short haired as an adult? The brown/gold seems to get stronger daily. He doesn't go outside, but does like to snooze in the sun. Could that be it? Is it ok for him to relax in the sun?

Another problem he's having is it seems as if his testicles are getting larger. At first I thought it was poo, but after the bath I realized that it wasn't poo, or even hair. They don't appear large, and I'm not going to touch him there to find out if they hurt. I don't have any bathroom problems out of him, and I make sure he has fresh water. Of course he isn't fixed, he's not old enough.

Thanks in advance fo any and all help. I've been lurking for months, and have learned so much. happy dance
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Toby, Jul 16 3:40 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.