|Purred: Sat Jun 8, '13 11:58am PST |
|Hi! I know I am late to this party (of 1...) but I just joined so I thought I'd respond to you the best I can.
1) Don't have too much to say here. Every cat is different. I personally love the Wellness brand, but don't like to get into cat food debates with people. Me likes food and my poop is regular and normal looking, yay! I am currently eating Iams Kitten Food, but once my other issues get ironed out, I will be switching to Wellness and hopefully it will work for me!
2) For what purpose? I have a crate because Mama had a spare one. I was only 3-4 weeks old when I came to my new, awesome home, so I needed an area that was just my own. I now love my crate and even when the door is open (which it is all day long, just not at night or when there is a ton of activity in the house) I like to rest inside. My food, water, and litterbox are all in my crate as well as my bed and a few toys. It is my safe place. I have a French Bulldog big brother and three human siblings and they all know that the moment I step into my crate, I am off-limits. I enjoy that rule.
3) Food bowl, water bowl (that is bigger than her food bowl), food, litter, litterbox, and maybe a cuddle toy. I love towels, rolled up, so that's what Mama has for me right now. I have a couple socks tied in knots that are tied to the roof of my crate and a ball from one of my human sister's toys. I love toilet paper rolls and cardboard boxes. I also have one of Mama's shirts in my crate because it makes me feel good to snuggle into her scent.
4) I don't know the answer here.
5) I am a tiny, tiny guy! Last Wednesday I weighed in at 12oz and I am about 6.5 weeks old today (just a guess because I am a rescue, but Mama rescued me three weeks ago today so the guess is very close to accurate). We come in all shapes and sizes, so as long as she has a healthy coat, eats and drinks well, regular stools, and plays, she is probably just perfect, like me!
6) Mama says she trained one of her kitties to "leave it" before, but that was a long time ago. I don't know if she is planning to try any of those shenanigans with me
7) Praise be, she is old enough for topical flea treatment! Revolution is excellent and is what Mama chose. It is safe for kittens 0-5lbs, 6 weeks+. Another great option is Frontline, which is safe for 8 weeks+. Mama works at a veterinary hospital (my grandpa is a vet, lucky me!) and she had a TON of samples of Revolution, so that was a no-brainer for her. Please, PLEASE do not get an off-brand topical flea product. They have been known to give awful side effects...some fatal Use the product for three consecutive months, at least, to get the full life cycle of the flea. Mama is going to keep me on my flea preventative just because she would rather be safe than sorry, even though I am an indoor kitty.
8) I have a big dog brother too, but he is only about 19lbs (French Bulldog). Mama watches him very, very closely with me and never leaves us alone together. I know we will be great friends and he already loves me. Your big brother will probably love you too, soon, but special attention needs to be paid while we are so tiny and young! If you get a crate, keep kitty inside and let puppy sniff and get used to her. It's an option
I wrote you a novel of responses. Feel free to friend me, I don't mind answering questions and whatnot.
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become friends|| [notify]|