Postings by Stanley Momo

GO!

Cat Health > My Baby Has Colon Cancer

Stanley Momo

Purred: Sat Jun 8, '13 12:15pm PST 
My standard line, which I firmly believe, is that if you would no longer like to be your cat, then your cat likely does not want to be him/her either. It is all about quality of life, and although vets can give you estimates about life expectancy, there is not a way to know, definitively.

I truly wish you the most time possible that is of quality to your furry loved one. I'm sorry.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jun 10 8:44 am

Cat Health > Recommended vaccines for kitten
Stanley Momo

Purred: Sat Jun 8, '13 12:12pm PST 
Mama vaccinates us kittens for Feline Leukemia, Feline Distemper, and Rabies (one year only). After we get our kitten rounds, she will vaccinate my sister (she is older than me and insists on living outside) for everything for the rest of her life, but will no longer vaccinate me for Feline Leukemia because I will not have exposure to that. I will always be vaccinated for Feline Distemper and Rabies smile
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jun 11 5:51 pm

Cat Health > Julius is sick and vet doesn't know why

Stanley Momo

Purred: Sat Jun 8, '13 12:09pm PST 
My heart goes out to you. God bless you for putting the time, money, energy, and effort into this new addition to your family. So many people would not have gone to the lengths that you have and it touches my heart to read Julius' story. I hope and pray that he pulls through, but if not, please know that you have done all you could and were an amazing part of his life no matter for how short of a time.

hug
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 11 5:48 pm

Russian Blue > Could I be?

Stanley Momo

Purred: Sat Jun 8, '13 12:03pm PST 
Mama loves Russian Blues. Could I possibly have some in me? She had one when she was a little tyke and is hoping I may end up resembling one. I was a rescue, and my litter consisted of three tabbies, a black, and me. She knows I will be the cutest cat ever, no matter what, but just thought she'd get your opinions smile

Thanks!

[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Stanley Momo, Jun 8 12:03 pm

Kitten Corner > New Kitty!

Stanley Momo

Purred: Sat Jun 8, '13 11:58am PST 
Hi! I know I am late to this party (of 1...) but I just joined so I thought I'd respond to you the best I can.

1) Don't have too much to say here. Every cat is different. I personally love the Wellness brand, but don't like to get into cat food debates with people. Me likes food and my poop is regular and normal looking, yay! I am currently eating Iams Kitten Food, but once my other issues get ironed out, I will be switching to Wellness and hopefully it will work for me!

2) For what purpose? I have a crate because Mama had a spare one. I was only 3-4 weeks old when I came to my new, awesome home, so I needed an area that was just my own. I now love my crate and even when the door is open (which it is all day long, just not at night or when there is a ton of activity in the house) I like to rest inside. My food, water, and litterbox are all in my crate as well as my bed and a few toys. It is my safe place. I have a French Bulldog big brother and three human siblings and they all know that the moment I step into my crate, I am off-limits. I enjoy that rule.

3) Food bowl, water bowl (that is bigger than her food bowl), food, litter, litterbox, and maybe a cuddle toy. I love towels, rolled up, so that's what Mama has for me right now. I have a couple socks tied in knots that are tied to the roof of my crate and a ball from one of my human sister's toys. I love toilet paper rolls and cardboard boxes. I also have one of Mama's shirts in my crate because it makes me feel good to snuggle into her scent.

4) I don't know the answer here.

5) I am a tiny, tiny guy! Last Wednesday I weighed in at 12oz and I am about 6.5 weeks old today (just a guess because I am a rescue, but Mama rescued me three weeks ago today so the guess is very close to accurate). We come in all shapes and sizes, so as long as she has a healthy coat, eats and drinks well, regular stools, and plays, she is probably just perfect, like me! cheer

6) Mama says she trained one of her kitties to "leave it" before, but that was a long time ago. I don't know if she is planning to try any of those shenanigans with me wink

7) Praise be, she is old enough for topical flea treatment! Revolution is excellent and is what Mama chose. It is safe for kittens 0-5lbs, 6 weeks+. Another great option is Frontline, which is safe for 8 weeks+. Mama works at a veterinary hospital (my grandpa is a vet, lucky me!) and she had a TON of samples of Revolution, so that was a no-brainer for her. Please, PLEASE do not get an off-brand topical flea product. They have been known to give awful side effects...some fatal cry Use the product for three consecutive months, at least, to get the full life cycle of the flea. Mama is going to keep me on my flea preventative just because she would rather be safe than sorry, even though I am an indoor kitty.

8) I have a big dog brother too, but he is only about 19lbs (French Bulldog). Mama watches him very, very closely with me and never leaves us alone together. I know we will be great friends and he already loves me. Your big brother will probably love you too, soon, but special attention needs to be paid while we are so tiny and young! If you get a crate, keep kitty inside and let puppy sniff and get used to her. It's an option smile

I wrote you a novel of responses. Feel free to friend me, I don't mind answering questions and whatnot.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Stanley Momo, Jun 8 11:58 am

Kitten Corner > How were you named?
Stanley Momo

Purred: Sat Jun 8, '13 11:08am PST 
I was named Stanley Momo because...well, I don't know, because my mommy loved the name! She rescued me when I was just a little guy at about 3-4 weeks old, and I didn't have a whole lot of personality because I had ear infections, worms, fleas, an eye infection, and some sort of skin problem. She picked a name that she thought was an easy going, cute name for me because that's how I was. Now I am a playful little guy, but still enjoy my sleep. I love my name!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Mordecai Sabestain, Jul 8 4:29 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.