Postings by Caius

GO!

Behavior & Training > how to prevent "army crawling"

Caius

Purred: Wed Jun 26, '13 7:05am PST 
Thanks all! I'll keep you posted on how it goes!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Stella, Jun 26 6:18 pm

Behavior & Training > how to prevent "army crawling"
Caius

Purred: Tue Jun 25, '13 12:44pm PST 
Hey there. So I'm a first time cat owner and Caius, my kitten, is about 3-4 months old and developed this habit of "army crawling" on the couch arms....what I mean by that is he has one side of his legs on one side of the couch arm, and the other side on the other...he then proceeds to pull himself along the couch quickly with his claws, digging into the couch. I'm really trying to break this behavior before it becomes an every day habit, but he seems to have zero interest in his scratching post that we bought for him. I'm considering geting a cat condo/cat tree but they are CRAZY expensive (I don't want to spend over $50-$70 for one). I'm hoping that maybe it will give him something he can climb on and claw, and deflect his attention from the couch. Any suggestions on where I can get a good cat condo for that price, or any suggestions on other ways to break that habit?
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Stella, Jun 26 6:18 pm

Kitten Corner > Need quick advise regarding leaving a kitten

Caius

Purred: Tue Jun 25, '13 12:39pm PST 
thank you. We took your advise and he was able to stay saturday night, but not friday so that helped. The kitten was fine and when he did stop in to see how it was, he normally stayed 2 hours or so and really wore it out playing with it so it just rested until he got back. So thank you again!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Caius, Jun 25 12:39 pm

Kitten Corner > Need quick advise regarding leaving a kitten

Caius

Purred: Thu Jun 20, '13 11:23am PST 
Hello,

My fiance and I have a kitten who is about 14 weeks old. There has been a family emergency and we have to travel tomorrow (Friday) moring until Sunday afternoon. We are unable to bring the kitten with us, and are nervous about what to do while we aren't home. My fiance's brother is able to stop in in the mornings, and again at night to feed it and do the litter box and such, but it's never been alone for the majority of the day and night. Is there any thing we can do to make this easy on the kitten, as well as us? Any advise before we leave would be greatly appreciated! Thank you guys!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Caius, Jun 25 12:39 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.