GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Cat Health > How Much Does Laser Declawing Cost?
Cali

The Most- Beautiful Girl- In The World

Purred: Sat Dec 7, '13 2:49pm PST 
I have always adopted declawed cats. They are not all left off at shelters because of behavioral problems. My dear angel Happy was dumped off by an elderly lady's niece when she entered a nursing home. He had a loving home for 15 years until his world crashed in around him. He languished in the shelter for for months, 3 of them in isolation from illnesses he contracted while there.
No one wanted an elderly, sick cat. The two years he was with us were filled with vet visits and illness yet he was one of the kindest, gentlest cats I have ever known little angel
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 7 8:01 pm

Cat Health > possible heart murmur
Cali

Purred: Wed Nov 13, '13 6:24pm PST 
My murmur is also heart disease, HCM and I have had two ultrasounds. My cardiologist has me on atenolol right now.
Poor mommy & daddy, the kitty they had adopted before me also had HCM and is now an angel in kitty heaven. They were devastated when i was diagnosed too.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 13 6:24 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Will a closed litter box help the smell?

Cali

Purred: Fri Nov 8, '13 1:06pm PST 
A closed or "hooded" litter box is about the worst choice you can make. Most cats feel trapped in one of those and they will find another place to do their business
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Nov 11 8:11 pm

Cat Health > Trying to convince friend not to declaw.

Cali

Purred: Tue Nov 5, '13 7:05pm PST 
Thank you Norman relieved
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Nov 24 9:18 pm

Cali

Purred: Mon Nov 4, '13 10:59am PST 
So are you saying one shouldn't adopt declawed cats?
And Happy wasn't surrendered to the SPCA due to behavior issues. He was 15 at the time and his elderly owner went into a nursing home. Believe me, no one wanted to adopt an old sickly cat, declawed or not. He sat there 5 months waiting for a home.
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Nov 24 9:18 pm

Cali

Purred: Sun Nov 3, '13 7:07pm PST 
I know this subject brings out the worst in people.
I just want to state that my Cali is declawed, our elderly adopted boy Happy had been declawed and our previous boys Lawrence & Hardy were declawed. The three boys have passed away and Cali is our only kitty.

All of them had no behavior/biting issues. We have always sought out and adopted cats who are already declawed. It is not difficult to find a kitty at the local SPCA or Rescue League that has already had the procedure done.
[notify]

» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Nov 24 9:18 pm

Food & Nutrition > Help! My cat is hopelessly addicted to Fancy Feast!!

Cali

Purred: Sun Oct 27, '13 8:14am PST 
I wouldn't worry about this too much. Our 17 year old angel Happy would eat only FF and only one variety but it kept him alive for the 2 years we had him after we adopted him from a shelter at 15. He was a very ill kitty for those 2 years and we were grateful that we found a food he would actually eat.
Oh sure I tried all the "good" brands when we first brought him home but it was soon clear this boy would rather starve than eat them. The last straw came for me when I tried to get him to eat a brand called Avoderm, I recall hubby saying "Hey it looks like there are carrots in this food" Well my poor boy tried it and puked up all over the floor. So if it was FF that he wanted then by god that is what he would get.
Also had another boy years ago with diabetes and he ate FF before every shot.
As for the Merrick, my Cali threw it up immediately as well as Halo Spot Stew.
I finally found Wellness Cubed and Minced chicken & turkey and was able to get her off the kibble completely. She has HCM and is on medicine. I know that she may leave us at anytime with this disease so if this is the food she likes and it makes her happy I am not going to force her onto something she doesnt like. JMHO
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Oct 30 5:51 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > found kitten

Cali

Purred: Thu Oct 24, '13 1:57pm PST 
Hello
Yes you did the right thing taking this kitten inside.
I am not an expert on rescued kittens but my neighbor had done this plenty of times and I recall she placed a small litter box inside the crate. The kittens always seemed to know what to do once placed in the box for the first time.
I dont know how old the kitten is but my neighbor feeds the rescues kittens canned food. Money being tight I wouldnt be concerned about getting the top brands, at this point any canned food would be acceptable IMHO I think the saltiness of hotdogs may cause stomach upset and hotdogs are too salty for cats anyways
Please keep us informed on this kittys progress and bless you for bringing him/her into your home
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 24 1:57 pm

Food & Nutrition > Premium Cat Food Recommendations

Cali

Purred: Sat Aug 31, '13 9:28am PST 
Merlin is right, the BEST food is the food YOUR cat will eat. A cat that wont eat is a dead cat. I would rather my cat eat Friskies or Fancy Feast if that is the only wet she would eat.

My angel Happy was 15 when we adopted him and was basically a hospice case. For 2 years I struggled to get this cat to eat, my husband and I had to hand feed him many times a day with a spoon and the ONLY food he would touch was Fancy Feast and one variety at that. We considered it a victory if he finished one 3 oz can a day. Sure I tried to get him to eat the better brands but he refused them all. Should I have starved him rather than let him have the one he liked?

My rescue kitty Cali eats Wellness canned now(not pate')after 2 years of weaning her off dry food. I am lucky she likes it but if all she wanted was FF I would rather have her eat that than kibble. And I'm sure I will be criticized for letting her have the gravy varieties but it's what she WANTS. Cali has HCM, we are not sure how long we will have her. I want her to be happy and enjoy her life as long as possible. After our experience with Happy we are grateful Cali is a chow hound. I'm going to let her eat what she enjoys.

There are too many people out there ready to rip into someone for the choices they make in food. I read it constantly on various forums, even warning others that they are essentially killing their pets.

I've seen folks on the Blue Buffalo Facebook page dare to ask a critical question of that brand and they are ripped apart by fanatical "fanboys/girls" who act as though this stuff is gold. (BTW Cali also has 1 oz BB daily between the AM/PM meal)

So if your kitty will eat one of the better brands of food consider yourself lucky but should they prefer a cheaper one please dont beat yourself up over it
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 31 4:40 pm

Cat Health > My cat is starving
Cali

Purred: Tue Aug 27, '13 2:28pm PST 
I am relieved that you took kitty to the vet. I commend you, so many come on here and other forums asking for advice re: very ill cats but the end result is usually the same: 98% of the time the poor animal suffers and never gets to a vet.
I'm NOT disputing the high cost of vet care nowadays, I think in many cases it is way out of line.
Please keep us informed, I am sending prayers and hug for you and your kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 27 2:28 pm

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.