Postings by Zinfandel

GO!

Raw Food Diet > Hello raw crowd!

Zinfandel

Purred: Tue Jun 4, '13 6:12pm PST 
Hello Shade,

I hope you had a nice weekend, finally mine was not too stinky as the diarrhea stopped Saturday afternoon.
On Monday, I brought the stool sample to my vet, and got the results today : negative - no parasites. So that's one question solved.
The vet did not need to examine Zinfandel as the diarrhea is gone and Zinouchski is playing, happy, active and a little devil. Must have been a virus he caught or something. We will never know.

Also, I discussed with the lady at my holistic pet store where I buy my raw, and the rabbit that I fed him did not contain bones. It was only meat and organs and it could have caused loose stool she said, but maybe not liquid poop.
I also was wondering if I hadn't left the meat out for too long. As he was not crazy about the rabbit, he did not eat his portion in one sitting. He would nibble a couple times but in the end, the meat have been out a couple hours... I feel bad about that, maybe I caused his illness. :/

Anyway, I know now to avoid anything not containing bones!

I wish you a nice week.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Shade, Jun 5 3:36 am

Zinfandel

Purred: Fri May 31, '13 6:21pm PST 
Hello Shade,
thanks for your reply.

I called the vet today, he said to keep the food simple for a couple days. So I give him only beef which he loves and had normal stool when he ate it before.
He said that as long as he plays and does not vomit, he should be ok for the weekend, but on Monday he is going to examinate his stools. The lady where I got the kitten said she gave him a de-wormer (one that you give part of a pill and the other part 10 days later) but you can never be sure she really gave both parts. frown Anyway, he gave me his email so I can contact him this weekend if it gets worst.

As for the brand of the food, it's no known commercial brand, it's made at the store and for the store where I buy it. It's a local holistic pet food business here in Montreal. They make and sell raw food for pets and high quality no grain cans. They ship within Canada, if ever you are in the country, I can give you their website.

I wish you a nice weekend and I hope mine won't be too stinky with the poop!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Shade, Jun 5 3:36 am

Cats & Travel > Going on vacation 3 weeks - need advice for babysitting my 5 months old kitten

Zinfandel

Purred: Thu May 30, '13 6:15pm PST 
Thank you for your reply Alexander Dreamboat.
I think the best solution is to have him stay at my neighbor's. He'll have plenty of petting and play plus he will be fed many times a day.

kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 20 2:51 am

Zinfandel

Purred: Thu May 30, '13 6:13pm PST 
Thank you for your reply BK and Shade.

I think I will wait before trying anything with fish again.

Also, do you think it is possible that he is allergic to rabbit? I fed him ground raw rabbit (commercial raw - meat bones and organs) the last two days and he was not crazy about it. Eating less than usual. And today, he have diarrhea. He had highly stinking liquid poo maybe 4 times today. I'm concerned. Today his appetite was back and I've been feeding him some beef (commercial raw) that I know he loves. After how many days of diarrhea should I see the vet? (today was his 1st day)

Thank you for your advice and sharing your knowledge.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Shade, Jun 5 3:36 am

Cats & Travel > Going on vacation 3 weeks - need advice for babysitting my 5 months old kitten

Zinfandel

Purred: Sat May 25, '13 12:46pm PST 
Hi all,

I will be leaving for vacation 3 weeks in August.
My upstairs neighbor have offered to babysit my cat at her place.
My question is : do you think it is better to keep the cat in my home and have her visit him once a day for feeding, litter cleaning and petting or is it better to have my cat move upstairs with his belongings (toys, bed, food, litterbox etc) and have him live with my neighbor for 3 weeks?

My cat will be 5 months when we leave. It's really not a nervous or shy cat. Very sociable and bold little feline.

I suppose I'm just scared that he will be changed when we return, that he might not recognize us since we leave him 3 weeks with my neighbor and he's not even a year old. I feel very guilty.

Thank you for your advice.

Zinfandel's mother
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jun 20 2:51 am

Zinfandel

Purred: Fri May 24, '13 7:04pm PST 
Hi!
Just wanted to say hi and that I'm so happy I made the choice to feed a combination of raw and grain free cans for my 12 weeks old kitten.
He looooooooves his raw meat. I live in Montreal, Canada and I buy his raw at a holistic pet store near my house. They make it themselves, it's the good combination of muscle meat, organs and bones.

Among other meats, I've tried cans and raw containing some fish (mixed with poultry) and not only my cat was not crazy about it, but he had a somewhat loose stool. Would that be possible that he did not appreciate or digested well the fish?

Anyway, I'm so happy I made this choice and not to feed him any kibble like I used to with my previous cats which became ill and died too early. I want this kitty to live 20 years if possible and I think it starts with giving him the best food.

That's it! I wanted to share with you!
cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Shade, Jun 5 3:36 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.