GO!

Raw Food Diet > How much do you spend?

Aslan

The cat with- freckles

Purred: Tue Apr 16, '13 1:07am PST 
Thank you for the responses guys. I will try starting them off on a wet food first then. I was planning to do home made raw, rather than buying it pre-made, because I had heard it is cheaper to do it that way.

I was planning to go off some sort of recipe. But I am not sure which one as of yet, or which would be the best... I am still doing my research. smile

I think $100 would be a bit tricky to do, as I currently make roughly $200 a month with my cruddy hours. (Will be getting more soon, so I'll see what I can do then.)

But as for wet food, is it really better than dry? I would assume so, with my limited knowledge, it seems to be more moist.. and would probably offer more liquid than dry? And it is more meaty? I don't know. But if it is better I am more than happy to switch over to wet for for awhile until I can afford to feed raw. You say Friskies is good? I've always heard that they weren't so good. Or maybe it was just a certain type of Friskies that was no good. Huh. I'll have to look into some wet foods and see what's good and everything. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 16 2:28 pm

Raw Food Diet > Nature's Variety raw bison NOT complete diet
Aslan

The cat with- freckles

Purred: Sun Apr 14, '13 12:02am PST 
Thank you for the information!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 14 12:02 am

Raw Food Diet > How much do you spend?

Aslan

The cat with- freckles

Purred: Sat Apr 13, '13 11:41pm PST 
I have finally acquired a job after being unemployed for quite some time. I have been reading a bit about raw food diets, and I think it sounds like a much better alternative than commercial diets. I didn't know how bad those diets could be on a cat, and how cruddy they truly are. Definitely not all they are cracked up to be. To boot, I get the $3.00 to get a box of Purina Cat Chow, which is complete crud when I look at the ingredients.

Now, I am considering switching to raw.. But my job is minimum wage ($8) and I don't get all that many hours at this point in time.

I am wondering how much you spend every week (or month) on your raw pet food diet ingredients. I really need to know, so I can take this into consideration.

Also, where do you get your ingredients? Are there any good online suppliers? Or would I need to go to a grocery store, markets, etc.?

Thank you for your responses in advance!

rainbow

--Dustin
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Apr 16 2:28 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.