Postings by Uno

GO!

Behavior & Training > Really need pointer/advice!

Uno

We little black- kitties RULE!

Purred: Tue Jul 29, '14 4:56pm PST 
If she's not spayed, she may very likely be in heat. Cats in heat can be very vocal and persistent in calling for a mate. If she is spayed, then she may just be a talkative cat or part Siamese. Cats with Siamese blood in them may not show Siamese in their looks, but they may inherit other Siamese traits such as the loud mouth! If your cat is spayed and this behavior has just recently started, then you might want to have her vet checked to see if there is any medical issue causing her increased vocalization.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ivory , Jul 31 8:56 am

Plus Power of the Paw > MY SWEET BOY
Uno

Purred: Thu Jun 26, '14 1:44am PST 
Fly free sweet Salem. Our condolences to your family. It is so hard to lose one who is so young, who should have had many years of good life, whose life was stolen away too soon! May your spirit presence touch the hearts of your earthly family, to let them know that you're forever alive and well on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge, with an invincible spirit body that will last forever!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Uno, Jun 26 1:44 am

Local Tips, Playdates & Meetups > Indiana Meetup

Uno

Purred: Thu Jun 26, '14 1:23am PST 
We are in IN too.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Uno, Jun 26 1:23 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Found Kitten - not sure what breed/mix

Uno

Purred: Wed Jun 25, '14 2:46am PST 
Your kitty is a black domestic shorthair. Black cats have "ghost" tabby markings in their coats and these markings are usually much more visible in kittenhood than they are in adulthood. Black panthers, black jaguars, etc, also have ghost markings in their coats. One of Uno's photos on her profile of her as a kitten very vividly shows the ghost tabby markings in her coat.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Uno, Jun 25 2:46 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Adopt a cat from Singapore.. all costs covered by me!

Uno

Purred: Mon Mar 24, '14 10:56am PST 
How terrible! So sad that kitties there have to endure such hells! We have a big kitty family and we're in the USA but if you can't find anyone to take Grace, I would consider giving her a home. BTW our kitty family would like to be friends with Grace. For some reason, her name wasn't clickable on the forum so we couldn't access her profile to add her as a friend.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Uno, Mar 24 10:56 am

Behavior & Training > Inappropriate chewing/pooping
Uno

Purred: Mon Mar 24, '14 10:38am PST 
I've had some success with putting Bitter Apple, a substance made to stop animals from chewing things, on things I don't want the cats to chew. Bitter Apple has a bitter taste and is sold in pet stores and online pet suppliers. Hopefully your Nicky will outgrow some of the chewing behavior. My Uno was a voracious chewer, thank goodness she outgrew most of it. She destroyed a number of cords with her chewing. She was a much worse chewer than my German Shepherd puppy!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Felix, Mar 31 11:48 am

Kitten Corner > Seal-point Siamese had black and gray kittens. Unusual?

Uno

Purred: Mon Mar 24, '14 10:26am PST 
The seal point Siamese is genetically a black cat modified by the partial albinism Siamese gene. Your female carries the blue point gene-which is the blue dilution of black modified by the partial albinism Siamese gene. The father of the kittens must have been a black cat carrying the blue recessive since the kittens were all blacks and blues.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Uno, Mar 24 10:26 am

Kitten Corner > Can anybody guess the breed of my kitty?

Uno

Purred: Tue Mar 4, '14 1:50pm PST 
Blake looks like a domestic shorthair, possibly with a bit of Siamese in him too judging from the way his head looks in his picture.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Kashi, Mar 16 3:26 pm

Get Well Soon > Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

Uno

Purred: Wed Apr 24, '13 5:52pm PST 
Just want to mention the http://www.catster.com/group/Special_kitties_kitties_with_disabiliti es-19258

for Special Kitties (Kitties with disabilities of any kind physical, mental, or emotional) and anyone else who is interested in disabled kitties.
[notify]

» There has since been -19911.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Behavior & Training > Kitty bites and clawing
Uno

Purred: Mon Jan 28, '13 8:45pm PST 
I usually hiss at them and immediately end the interaction, the same way a cat does when another cat gets too rough with it. You might consider getting a second cat. Cats can and will happily play far rougher with each other than human skin could ever stand. Kittens first learn to inhibit their biting and scratching when they're between 7 and 9 weeks old and physically able to get around well and they get too rough with their mother or littermates and their mother disciplines them. Make sure your cat has toys and a sisal wrapped cat tree to climb and scratch on. Play with your cat with interactive toys so the cat can go after the toy instead of you.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Uno, Jan 28 8:45 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.