Postings by Buffy

GO!

Cat Health > Kitten suddenly pooping and then peeing outside of litterbox.

Buffy

A brat that only- a mommy could- love.

Purred: Tue Feb 5, '13 10:59pm PST 
She's normal via bloodtest. Liver, heart, thyriod, blood and white blood cells, and yada yada. Ugh, why is it so hard to find what's wrong with her? Still pees outside of litter box. Caught her once hanging out by the waterbowl. Maybe because she's fascinated with water (she really is), but I dunno.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Timmy Tomcat DB #122a, Feb 6 7:27 am

Buffy

Purred: Sat Feb 2, '13 1:41pm PST 
Appointment was today so the bloodwork's been taken. Will find results on Monday. They also gave her antibiotics. I am not sure what that is for and what does it do. If anyone knows, can you please explain?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Timmy Tomcat DB #122a, Feb 6 7:27 am

Buffy

Purred: Tue Jan 29, '13 2:58pm PST 
It is more for the digestive system, not the bloating? :/ aw. Websites said differently. Ah well, I'm sticking with marshmallows, easy to get and already have it.

Vet appointment is on Friday.
I called around and one vet place referred me to the blue cross animal hospital, said their prices tend to be cheap since I said I was looking around for cheap prices. She was very helpful, I am thankful. Because that hospital is cheap in comparison? Bloodwork is usually around 200, theirs is 95. Urine test is 30 if I still need it. Don't need stool (three typical tests for bloated stomach) since I did that at the low clinic and she's negative of that.

If surgery is needed, the low cost clinic referred me to the humane society and they said they can pay for the surgery. Awesome.

I'm hoping it's something small. Like she ate something she shouldn't, and she does eat eveything. She has pica. Tried to eat a thumbtack if it wasn't for me. Or something easily fixable since we caught it early enough.

Fingers crossed.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Timmy Tomcat DB #122a, Feb 6 7:27 am

Buffy

Purred: Sun Jan 27, '13 3:11pm PST 
Will do.

I get cat food at the .99 cents store. :/ Wet food, that is. I still have some more canned so I'll give some more to her. Makes me worried since kidney is in the stomach and it's the stomach that's the issue. Meh.

I've been feeding tiny bits of marshmallows too. Apparently, I found out that marshmallows and licorice is good for the digestion system. And slippery elm (though I have no idea where to get it since it's a leaf) is goof for bloated stomachs.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Timmy Tomcat DB #122a, Feb 6 7:27 am

Buffy

Purred: Sat Jan 26, '13 4:03pm PST 
Oh, forgot to add:

She eats dry food, yes, but I do give her canned food. I can't afford tons of canned food but I do manage to buy two or three every couple of weeks. She just ate wet food yesterday.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Timmy Tomcat DB #122a, Feb 6 7:27 am

Buffy

Purred: Sat Jan 26, '13 3:43pm PST 
BK: Thanks for the idea about the bathtub and the knowledge.

I took her to the low-cost clinic, and they did a free physical exam (because the vet charges us, will go to vet later), and they said we need to do a blood work instead of a pee test first. They said her stomach is swollen. I am worried. She always had this pot belly, but yeah, just yesterday we did wonder if her stomach was unusual or not (not the pot belly part, but it seems different? But maybe the pot belly still counts, except she was always like that...)

I wish I took her to the vet the day I adopted her to check on her stomach. I looked in her adoption folder and there was a referral for a free check up and such... Except I looked at it a few days too late.

I really hope she's fine. I just lost another one. And this one treats me like I'm her mom, suckling on my clothes and sleeping with me all the time.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Timmy Tomcat DB #122a, Feb 6 7:27 am

Buffy

Purred: Fri Jan 25, '13 5:14pm PST 
Don't worry, I'm not going to give her away. She's my kid now. My boyfriend thinks it's behavioral, but I rather not take the risk (especially with what happened to our other cat). We're planning to take her to a low-cost clinic tomorrow for a physical exam, ask them for their opinions on those issues, and yeah.

Low-cost clinic only opens on sat here. And the vet I called (the regular vet at a regular vet place) said for a checkup is needed (40 bucks, and it'd be 25 at the low-cost clinic). And maybe they can refer us to a cheap place for a pee test? Worth a try.
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Timmy Tomcat DB #122a, Feb 6 7:27 am

Buffy

Purred: Thu Jan 24, '13 10:21pm PST 
She's 6 months old. I recently adopted her, and at first she was fine, and then she decided to poop in the bathroom sink. We thought it was because she was always there in the bathroom with us and probably assumed entire bathroom=litterbox. I am not kidding that she is always there. She hops in the shower with us.

We used saran wrap on the sink for easy throw-away her poop, and eventually she switched to the bathtub. Now I am not sure what method to use to prevent her from doing that. I can't always be there to spray her with a water bottle. But I think it's weird for her to do that.

Sidenote: our other cat had leukemia. He died three weeks ago, it was heartbreaking. We worried that she caught the disease, but when we did the checkup, she is safe (and vaccinated). And also during the checkup, had her feces studied. Just got results back, negative on worms (also vaccinated) and negative on giardia, whatever that is.

Then she recently started to urinate on our bedsheets now. Third time now. Not sure what to do and it's worrying since our other cat that I mentioned did pee on our bed (but this cat is negative on leukemia so it can't be that!). I'm thinking about calling the vet and asking an estimate on urine analysis and looking around the website for possible causes. We are not rich at all so if a vet trip is necessary (I won't decline my cat's health for this, don't worry), I want to be able to narrow it down to a test to find out what it is.

Where the litter boxes are: bathroom and bedroom.
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Timmy Tomcat DB #122a, Feb 6 7:27 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.