Postings by Trek

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Behavior & Training > 3 Month Old Kitten Rolling in freshly cleaned litter box... meaning?
Trek

Monster of- Mayhem

Purred: Fri Dec 13, '13 10:05am PST 
Because he's a three month old kitten and they are, by nature, a little bit crazy. I work at a neonatal kitten rescue, and I see kittens do all sorts of crazy things in their litter boxes--clean OR dirty. He should grow out of it.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kaylee & Amelia, Dec 14 6:35 am

Kitten Corner > Should I get littermates?
Trek

Monster of- Mayhem

Purred: Wed Nov 27, '13 12:02pm PST 
Three kittens can definitely be a handful. I fostered three littermates (and kept 2 of them), but because they are littermates, they will occupy each other with very little assistance from the rest of you. The two that I kept often curl up together and sleep or take turns grooming each other. Assuming they get along well, I'd say go for it.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 1 7:36 am

Cat Health > my cat was neutered, surgery effects?

Trek

Monster of- Mayhem

Purred: Fri Nov 1, '13 11:22am PST 
The green line is actually a tattoo. Not that male cats need one as most folks can identify an altered male, but some places to it as a matter of course to show that a cat is spayed/neutered. As for his stitches, I can't quite figure out the angle I was seeing, but it looks pretty normal. As long as they don't get really red and inflamed and he doesn't lick, he should be okay.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bruno, Nov 4 8:22 am

Kitten Corner > What is he?

Trek

Monster of- Mayhem

Purred: Mon Oct 28, '13 2:15pm PST 
He's cute. That's really the most important thing. He's somewhere in the Siamese family, but more importantly he's cute.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by BooBoo Jr., Oct 30 5:56 pm

Kitten Corner > What do you think of this?

Trek

Monster of- Mayhem

Purred: Fri Oct 25, '13 11:42am PST 
If you find the noise is increasing her stress level, you might think about investing in a couple of Feliway diffusers. They let out pheromones that are similar to what a mother cat would emit and can be a huge help with all sorts of anxiety issues.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Nov 13 1:17 pm

Kitten Corner > What do you think of this?
Trek

Monster of- Mayhem

Purred: Fri Oct 25, '13 6:49am PST 
This is a kitten being a kitten. I've never had cats who thought the litter box was a playground, but I know several folks who have and a) kittens grow out of it and b) it's really pretty harmless, especially if Violet is the only cat--after all it came from her. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Nov 13 1:17 pm

Cat Health > Da bird thread

Trek

Monster of- Mayhem

Purred: Mon Oct 14, '13 9:16am PST 
In general, if you see the item in your cat's feces and she is still playful, eating, pooping without straining, etc. the best course of action is to keep an eye on her (also put Da Bird up when you're not playing with it so she can't get a hold of it), but if you see any change in behavior, get her to the vet ASAP.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Trek, Oct 14 9:16 am

Kitten Corner > New found stray kitten won't eat or drink - only sleeps and cries!

Trek

Monster of- Mayhem

Purred: Thu Sep 5, '13 10:56am PST 
Baby food is a great place to start! Make sure it doesn't have any onions or garlic in it (both Beechnut and Gerber make meat baby foods with just meat and water). Baby food has a stronger odor than cat food and can stimulate the kitten's appetite. If she'll eat some of that, then try mixing some in with canned kitten food. You can also try some kitten milk replacer (she's technically old enough to NOT need it, but kittens love it and it's nutrition dense). If she does need to be force fed or watered, instead of plain water, go get a bottle of unflavored Pedialyte (or generic equivalent). It will both hydrate and keep her electrolytes in balance. Also, warming up canned kitten food helps bring out the aroma of it.

She definitely needs a trip to the vet. There could be an underlying medical condition that's leading to her lack of appetite. The vet can also give her some fluids under the skin that will speed up the re-hydration process. I can almost guarantee that she's got at least one intestinal parasite, if not more, so the vet will want to do a fecal to see what's there and treat accordingly. In general, any kitten found as a stray should probably see the vet anyhow. With her unwillingness to eat, she should definitely go.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ouiser, Nov 4 6:00 am

Kitten Corner > 4 month old kitten rollin' in the litter.

Trek

Monster of- Mayhem

Purred: Mon Aug 5, '13 8:47am PST 
Some kittens enjoy rolling in their litter boxes. Most of them won't do it in a soiled litter box because cats are inherently clean animals, but I've known several that do this. They have all grown out of it. It's good that you're not reprimanding him when he's in the litter box as that would open a whole new can of worms. What you can try instead is using treats or toys when you catch him doing this to lure him out of the kitty box. Eventually, he should realize that the real fun is outside of the box (pun totally intended).
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Lacey, Aug 8 6:13 pm

Behavior & Training > What are the strange things your cat does?
Trek

Monster of- Mayhem

Purred: Sat Jul 27, '13 12:11pm PST 
Ha! Toby, I can do you one better. If I'm bent over cleaning the kitty boxes, Trek will jump on my back and peer over my shoulder. Thus far, I have not had any complaints about my job performance....
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maizy , Jul 29 2:30 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.