Postings by KiKi

GO!

Cat Health > fleas??

KiKi

Purred: Sat Jan 19, '13 5:30am PST 
Not sure what is wrong w/my baby. For the last 2 months we noticed she had some small scabs around the base of her tail & lower back. We automatically thought they were fleas but had her at the vets, for other reasons, & they said no fleas. We also checked her fur daily & could find nothing, no fleas,no flea dirt. She isn't scratching but the vet said the scabs could be from stress which could be making her over bath herself. Finally one day I did find a very, very tiny flea. But only one. So I went & got her Advantage. 2 days after that the scabs cleared up. Now a month later we find that she has the scabs re-appearing. Again we have been checking daily & not one sign of fleas. She is an indoor cat & has no contact w/any other animals. She doesn't seem to be bothered by these scabs. I have never caught her scratching or even licking near the spot they are located. Just wondering if anyone else has had something similar to this.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mac's Cat , Jan 31 6:22 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.