Postings by Stephano

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Kitten Corner > Those fun electrical cords and me
Stephano

Purred: Sat May 11, '13 4:10pm PST 
Leena, sorry you have such a mean mommy that won't let you chew on those awesome cords. My mommy doesn't let me do that either frown She also won't let me climb the drapes any more.....she is no fun at all. I am almost a year old, but I still want to behave like a little kitten, so I keep climbing the drapes when she is not around. I get to the top of the curtain rod, and then I can't get down. Growing up stinks, all the fun things you can't do any longer frown Mom bought me a big Armarkat cat tree, it is so cool, it has a crow's nest at the very tippy top that I love to sleep on....it makes me feel like the "KING OF THE WORLD"!, and my fat brother Taffy won't even climb up there, so it's all mine! That helps me get out some of my "climbing aggression". I have learned the horrible word NO, ugh, I DO NOT like that word one bit, but I sure know what it means. I have learned that I cannot scratch the couch and I cannot chew the cords. I think it just takes a while for us little guys to learn things like this. I guess mom knows what is good for us, so hopefully you will learn that awful word NO too, ugh, so you don't hurt yourself chewing on those cords. Moms are no fun sometimes!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Stephano, May 11 4:10 pm

Cat Health > Cat ate a BAG of treats... literally.
Stephano

Purred: Sat Apr 13, '13 8:54pm PST 
Oh my, your cat sounds like my naughty boy, who is exactly the same age and pulls the same shenanigans. I am thinking that hopefully the cat didn't eat the plastic, but just chewed through it, first. And then, I have a feeling he could get a horrible case of diarrhea, or maybe some vomiting, but my guess would be that he will get diarrhea. My kitten, Stephano, got into an entire bag of cat nip. He didn't eat it all, but he ate a lot of it, and was rolling around in the pile of it, and he was ok. I think if he does get really ill, maybe you have to take him into an emergency vet, but hopefully he will just get the runs, at worst, that's what I'd be counting on.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Apr 14 6:04 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Rubbed off Neck Fur

Stephano

Purred: Sun Mar 31, '13 8:29pm PST 
This is Beep's mommy, I just wanted to tell you that I have a black kitty too. Since December. We found him in the woods behind the church preschool that I work at, him and his brother were dumped there with two cans of food. His name is Stephano, and I am madly in love with this cat. While we were trying to find him a home, he worked his way right into my heart, he snuggled up in my lap, or on my chest, every chance he got. He still does. He gets along with is brother Taffy, a maine coon, and they are now best buds. I really had no idea how bad the hatred was for black cats, and have just recently found out and it shocks me. I love my little black boy so much. It took us all of a day and half to realize that we were never giving him up, he is ours. I think if a kitty is going to spend any time outside, I would most definitely collar the cat....especially if it were in some area where they picked up cats all the time. I still have to get Stephano micro chipped. I agree, if it were an outdoor cat, I would not rely only on micro chipping but collar also.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jimmy Riddle, Apr 6 10:06 am

Kitten Corner > My kitten a bottomless pit!

Stephano

Purred: Sat Feb 16, '13 1:29am PST 
As much as I like the idea of a raw diet, I'm a chicken to do it. I did have my male cat, Taffy, on it for a while, after he suffered some uti's, but then he got sick, and even though I was pretty sure it was not the raw food, I freaked thinking, what if it is. So we do feed a high quality canned food diet only. I recently changed the cats from Newman's Own organic to Wellness canned, something I had fed my other cats for years, now I have my new kitten Stephano on it too. And the Wellness does seem to satisfy him more than the NO did. On the NO, he was literally knocking over the garbage can five minutes after eating and constantly looking for food. After just 4 days now, back on the Wellness, he seems more content and less starved. It's more money, but I'm having to open fewer cans to feed so hopefully it will all even out. I don't do the Wellness Core, the cats don't seem to like it as well, instead we do the regular wellness, the turkey, beef and chicken ones only, no fish. They are happy!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by BK, Feb 16 3:56 am

Stephano

Purred: Thu Feb 14, '13 7:05pm PST 
I don't feed my cats dry food, I have had too many cats suffer problems with UTI's and crystals, and I only feed canned food. I started giving him a little extra food, it seems to be helping. Right now he does not seem to be overweight so he must really be burning up all of those calories, so I guess a little extra chow won't hurt. Except my wallet! smile
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by BK, Feb 16 3:56 am

Stephano

Purred: Wed Feb 13, '13 6:41pm PST 
My kitten that I adopted on December 7th, is a bottomless pit. 5 minutes after I feed him, he is jumping on the counter, or knocking over the garbage can, looking for more food. He is a small cat, originally we thought he was about 3-4 months old, back in Dec when we took him in, but the vet said he was between 6-8 months, or as much as a year old, but his growth was likely stunted from being malnourished. He said his teeth were worn down, probably from being a stray and eating on his own whatever he could find. He is small, but 2 weeks ago, when he was neutered, he was 7.3 pounds, and has a round little belly. I feed him Wellness canned cat food three times a day, and sometimes throw a couple of extra spoonfulls of food at him when he is driving me batty. I know kittens eat more, but I had read that after 6 months that it was ok to go to 2 feedings a day, and he gets 3 and then some. I try to play more with him, bought him a huge armarkat cat tree, and he has his brother Taffy that he plays with, but it seems nothing gets his mind off of food. He has been checked twice for worms, no worms. Do you think it's just because he has been a starving little homeless kitty for so long that he it is still his survival instinct to keep hunting for food? He just never seems to get to that point where he is satisfied. He has a fat little belly, and I give him more than the other two older cats get, he probably gets 2 to 3 times more than they get. I feel like if I give him more he will explode! He has not grown much in size in the two months we have had him, so I know this is not just a growth spurt for him. He does calm down at bedtime, he sleeps in my daughter's room, and he sleeps well all night long but the nano second he hears my alarm go off in the morning, he is squaking for his food....which is really cute how he carries on. I just want to make sure I'm giving him enough?
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by BK, Feb 16 3:56 am

Senior Cats > how can people just throw a cat away b/c they are old

Stephano

Purred: Wed Feb 13, '13 6:27pm PST 
Aww Noel, you poor little sweetheart! I am a black kitty too. My mommy found me on December 7th, in the woods behind the preschool she works at. I was dumped, along with my brother, along with two cans of cat food. My bro got a great home and mommy took me home to foster me, but she fell madly in love with me, because I am the ultimate lap cat lover boy, so she decided to keep me. People were actually fighting over me after they saw how affectionate I was, but mommy said "nope, he is mine!" I think that is really sad that you were thrown away cry Mommy said that if someone was to do that to me, that I probably did not have the best life anyway, so it's probably good that you are not with that family any more. I don't know what it is about black cats, the people who took my brother were anti-black cat people....they did not want a black cat. But after meeting my brother, and seeing how awesome a pet he was, they are now the BIGGEST fan of black cats ever! I'm so sorry that you were dumped by some sucky, horrible people, but I think things will be ok for you. You just need a warm bed to curl up on, a sunny rug to lay on in front of the window and enjoy your retirement years. I know you will be loved by your foster mommy, she sounds like the most wonderful mommy ever. Oh, and my mom said to tell you, we already had 2 cats and a doberman and a feral cat that we feed outside, and she did NOT want another cat, as much as she loves cats, but since I chose her, she just could not turn me away, and there was no option but to keep me. I hope you warm up to your foster mom soon and snuggle up on her lap and make her feel loved, because it is a pretty awesome thing that she did, taking you in.
[notify]

» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by â™”Jeepurrs Creepurrsâ™”, Feb 18 7:23 pm

Cat Health > Infected incision... I'm so worried

Stephano

Purred: Fri Feb 8, '13 3:50am PST 
Stephano is hoping you feel better soon too. Stop being a naughty kitty and leave your wound alone, so mommy can sleep and not worry about you so much.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Spot (Striped Seven), Feb 12 10:24 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > 1 1/2 yr old kitten digs, squats, but starts standing up when peeing

Stephano

Purred: Thu Feb 7, '13 5:05am PST 
I watched Stephano do this last night, he gets in the box to pee, and it's a breeze, so it has a high side to it, and he squats while holding onto the side, so he is standing, but balancing with his paws. it is very odd looking, but his butt is all the way down, so I don't believe he would pee out, but the Breeze does have high sides. I love the Breeze box! Some don't like it, but it is working for us. Took one of my cats a full month before she would poop in it, so I had another box next to it. Eventually they see how much cleaner it is though, and they love it, most anyway.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Stephano, Feb 7 5:05 am

Cat Health > Infected incision... I'm so worried
Stephano

Purred: Thu Feb 7, '13 5:02am PST 
Don't feel bad, kitties are little devils when it comes to licking what they are not supposed to. I understand your fears about the cone collar too. My dog has been in an ecollar for two weeks, and I was terrified she would strangle herself, but she was ok...still, I was nervous every day I had to go to work and leave her, so I understand. If it were me, and I didn't have anyone that could cat sit for the day, maybe day board her? At a vet that you trust, that you know is clean and they will keep an eye on her, that way she could maybe be in the cone or the shirt and they could watch her? Or do you know of anyone who may be able to either watch her while you are gone, a retired neighbor that loves cats? I am the crazy cat lady in my neighborhood, and if someone came to me with this problem, I would take their cat in and watch it for the day, so it might be worth asking someone that you know is a pet lover. Maybe it just may take a day or two of this to get over the hump and get it to healing. Poor kitty! You are a good kitty momma, don't be mad at yourself.
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Spot (Striped Seven), Feb 12 10:24 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.