GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Cats & Travel > Air Travel and Cats
Yuki

Mommy's- 'Blessing'

Purred: Sun Nov 3, '13 5:34pm PST 
Thank you for your concern. He will be in the cabin with me. I have already spoken to the airline about it. He will be in there with me no matter what as he is also an emotional support animal.

Is anyone else able to answer my questions? How did your cats handle traveling by airplane? Aside from the airline regulations and rules, is there anything else I should be aware of?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 4 10:15 am

Cats & Travel > Air Travel and Cats
Yuki

Mommy's- 'Blessing'

Purred: Sat Nov 2, '13 3:49pm PST 
When it comes to traveling without Yuki, I get really anxious about how he's doing, if he has enough food, etc., so I decided I would bring him with me on my trip home for Thanksgiving. Probably a little selfish on my part, but I really don't want to be without him.

We've gone on car rides together, sometimes in the carrier, sometimes not. I use the same carrier to take him to the vet, to a friend's house, or just for a drive. I read that you should have a separate carrier for traveling. Should I still get a different one even though the other one is multipurpose?

I'm mostly worried about how he will handle the airport and the airplane. He is quite the little talker and has no problem letting me know that he doesn't want to be in a carrier any longer. I don't want him to meow the whole trip and bother anyone or lose his voice. I'm also scared that he will void his bowels or vomit during the trip. I plan on having a blanket in the carrier to make it softer and getting a second one in case he makes a mess. I'll be working for most of the day of the flight and won't be able to take away his food and water until about 2 hours before the flight. Should I just put out less food and water than I normally do that morning? Do the altitude changes cause them any pain or distress? Is this going to traumatize him at all?

I'm just really worried about how it's going to affect him. I mean, he's like my child. laugh out loud Can you tell I'm a first-time pet owner? laugh out loud
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 4 10:15 am

Cat Health > Trouble with Resistant Tapeworm

Yuki

Mommy's- 'Blessing'

Purred: Mon Feb 18, '13 3:56am PST 
Well, I figured out the reason he is still bloated. His worms were never gone. I woke up this morning to a worm under my kitchen table and defecation everywhere. Happy Monday to me! :
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 18 3:56 am

Cat Health > would you get your cat a dental?

Yuki

Mommy's- 'Blessing'

Purred: Sun Feb 10, '13 1:14pm PST 
I just had Yuki's teeth cleaned. He was completely fine (aside from a lost voice). His gums were blood red about a week ago, so the vet recommended a cleaning so they could see what was going on. Turns out everything was fine! I was even given some stuff to sprinkle on his food to help keep plaque from building up.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 10 1:14 pm

Cat Health > Lost Voice

Yuki

Mommy's- 'Blessing'

Purred: Sun Feb 10, '13 10:35am PST 
Thank you all for your replies!

When I woke up this morning, his voice had returned! I think we're in the clear, but I'm going to call the vet on Monday just to make sure. Thank you! [:
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Feb 12 1:59 pm

Cat Health > Lost Voice
Yuki

Mommy's- 'Blessing'

Purred: Sat Feb 9, '13 4:08pm PST 
I forgot to add that he is feeling fine otherwise, eating and drinking normally. And he definitely has no problems purring. [:
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Feb 12 1:59 pm

Cat Health > Lost Voice

Yuki

Mommy's- 'Blessing'

Purred: Sat Feb 9, '13 4:06pm PST 
On Friday, I took my little Yuki to have his teeth cleaned. I dropped him off early and picked him up after work. I was told that he had been very chatty after he woke up from the anesthesia. He was very talkative on the ride home as well as once we got home. Now it appears as though he has lost his voice. He tries to meow, but little to no sound comes out. I was given antibiotics to give him after the cleaning.

Is this something I should be worried about or is he just suffering from a sore throat due to overuse yesterday?
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Feb 12 1:59 pm

Yuki

Mommy's- 'Blessing'

Purred: Tue Feb 5, '13 8:30pm PST 
He was in a foster home, not a shelter. And I just find it hard to believe that they didn't see the blood in his stool. But that's pretty much settled.

A quick update on Yuki: he is finally worm free! However, his stomach is still really bloated and the vet is concerned because he is so young. She said it might be an autoimmune thing or, at the worst, cancer. I'm really nervous. I've only had him for a few months, but I am already so attached to him. I'll be devastated if something is really wrong.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 18 3:56 am

Yuki

Mommy's- 'Blessing'

Purred: Sun Jan 27, '13 7:05pm PST 
I completely agree with you, Cookie. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do to get them to help, unless I try to get a lawyer involved. I barely have the money to pay for his treatment, let alone hiring a lawyer or something. : It's super frustrating, especially since he's such a sweetheart. He just finished "grooming" my hand. [:
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Feb 18 3:56 am

Yuki

Mommy's- 'Blessing'

Purred: Sun Jan 20, '13 8:16pm PST 
He still has the worms. We are on his third treatment. I spoke to the woman who fostered him and she said the same thing. I was told that it "didn't show up when we had a fecal flotation done" and that "it's just part of owning a pet." The woman spoke to me like I was an idiot, which I seriously did not appreciated. I will never adopt a cat through their organization again.

His belly seems a little less bloated now. I'm really hoping this will be the last treatment.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Feb 18 3:56 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.