GO!

Cat Health > Leaky Butt!

Sherpa

Purred: Wed Feb 27, '13 12:21pm PST 
Sherpa has leaky anal glands too. The vet and I have experimented with diet and fiber supplements, but I've wound up just wiping him with pet wipes when it gets bad. If you come up with a better solution I'd love to hear it!! big grin
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 26 7:24 am

Food & Nutrition > Prescription food question
Sherpa

Purred: Fri Feb 22, '13 9:27pm PST 
I eat a prescription canned food for my bladder issues, and haven't had a problem since starting it!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 22 9:27 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > A little smile for today

Sherpa

Purred: Fri Jan 18, '13 9:58pm PST 
Today I was at the pet store getting superworms for my little gecko, and I stopped into the "sattelite center" of our local shelter. It's a small wing in the back of the pet store where there are a handful of adoptable kitties, dogs, bunnies, and small animals.

One kitty, a lovely older girl, looked so much like Sherpa that I wanted to bring her home. This shelter has a program where you can "sponsor" an animal's adoption fee so that prospective adopters don't have to pay it. I decided to sponsor her,s o I paid her $175 fee and left my info with the volunteer.

A few hours later, I got a call telling me that she had been adopted! The volunteer sounded really thrilled, and I am too! It made my day (my week perhaps) thinking that maybe I helped a little in getting a senior kitty into a good home. kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Dervish, Jan 19 9:38 pm

Grooming > Are lion cuts stressful for kitties?

Sherpa

Purred: Fri Jan 18, '13 9:40pm PST 
Psst, Star...we need a picture of you with your lovely fur-do! big grin
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 21 10:31 am

Cats and a Clean Home > My Butt Stinks, and I Fling Litter Everywhere

Sherpa

Purred: Fri Jan 18, '13 4:23pm PST 
Hello from one stinky-butt to another! laugh out loud

My meowmie finally got some "pet wipes" and wipes my butt when it gets stinky. I've been vetted, and I'm on a good food, I guess I just can't get that area clean enough. red face So Meowmie helps. Neither one of us is all that thrilled with the process, but now my butt smells like cherries and I can sleep on the bed again.
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Beep, May 11 4:03 pm

Food & Nutrition > Hi, new to this group. Question/seek recommendations re: food for urinary tract
Sherpa

Purred: Fri Jan 18, '13 4:20pm PST 
Sincy my troubles with crystals got out of hand, I've been eating 50% prescriotion canned urinary food, and 50% grain-free canned food from the pet store. I've been doing fine so far!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Jan 19 5:09 am

Grooming > Are lion cuts stressful for kitties?

Sherpa

Purred: Mon Jan 7, '13 1:14pm PST 
I have a bad hairball problem and I HATE being brushed, so I get lion cuts a few times a year. While the process of getting the lion cut is not my favorite thing, I LOVE having short fur. I always spend a day or two rubbing and rolling on everything, and I'm extra cuddly for days after my haircut because it feels so nice to have short fur!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 21 10:31 am

Food & Nutrition > hair loss and weight loss on Hill's c/d

Sherpa

Purred: Wed Nov 28, '12 10:09pm PST 
Hi! I was recently hospitalized with crystals, and my vet said that I am ONLY to ahve canned food for the rest of my life.

The thing about the urinary diets (from my understanding) is that it is VERY IMPOTANT to not mix the dry and wet versions of them. The kibble is designed ot make us kitties thirstier, whereas the cans are designed to put more water into our system from the start, so they sorta cancel each other out. (At least, that's what the vet tech told us)

I've been on Purina UR cans since my hospialization. The ingredients are meh, but it is quite moist and very tasty. Meowmie is chatting with the vet via email about weaning me off of the UR onto a grain free canned food eventually, but for now I'm going to stick with the UR cans, since I feel SO much better.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 7 3:53 pm

Behavior & Training > I bite! Why?

Sherpa

Purred: Mon Nov 26, '12 6:53pm PST 
Sherpa bites. It's odd...he spends hours sitting contentedly in my lap each night while I'm at the computer. He purrs and purrs. Then he'll reach up and put his teeth on my chin. Or my arm. Or my cheek. Sometimes he just sets them there, sometimes he'll clamp down on me. Never hard enough to draw blood, but hard enough to make me uncomfortable.

Any ideas why he does this? I mean, I guess it's not the worst thing ever (except that his breath is never exactly rosy), but I'm curious as to what's going through his mind. He doesn't seem agitated or annoyed, he's relaxed and purring with a relaxed tail when he bites.

I can even tell when its about to happen sometimes. Since my husband pushes Sherpa's face away when he bites, he'll start to crane his neck towards my chin and then flinch like his face was pushed. He'll repeat that a couple of times, then bite.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Hunter *Dreamboat #82*, Nov 27 3:43 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.