Postings by Dimitri

GO!

Get Well Soon > My kitty needs all of the prayers, good energy, and good wishes that anyone can spare!

Dimitri

Purred: Sat Nov 3, '12 1:57am PST 
My kitten Pear is about five months old. He's been sick since I got him in July. He had two types of parasites (which he is finally clear of), and was constantly leaking stool. I took him to the vet several times, had his swollen anal glands removed (they were the size of a small dog's), and found out about a month ago that he has megacolon. He's on three liquid medications, a pill, and prescription food, but he's still dropping stool and having a hard time going to the bathroom.

I got Pear for my birthday along with his sister, Peach. I love Pear so much, and I've done all that I could. I have hundreds of dollars in vet bills and I can't afford another operation to decrease the size of his colon. I've been praying for months that he gets better, but I don't think that mine and my family's are enough. I cry every time I hear him crying when he's trying to go to the bathroom, and I just want him to not be in pain anymore.

The last thing I want to do is have to get him put to sleep, but I don't want to have him suffer. Please, if I could just get some good wishes for the little guy and maybe some words of encouragement for myself, I would really appreciate it.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Orange Ruffy, Nov 12 12:10 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.