Postings by Felix

GO!

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

Cat Health > help the black kitties
Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Thu Dec 17, '15 2:59pm PST 
thanks for the nice update. I think it is pretty awesome that almost all of them have a place so far.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ben & Jerry, Dec 20 10:14 pm

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Mon Oct 26, '15 2:22pm PST 
Is that them on the front page? Or your babies? I don't have FB, but I can see your front page. Great pic o the City too!
cat on moon luv little black cats!
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Ben & Jerry, Dec 20 10:14 pm

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Thu Oct 8, '15 3:22pm PST 
thanks for posting the updates! We sent funds, and are going to again. It seems to be a fairly happy ending for a sad situation. My own colony is holding steady at 7, with one that is actively trying to join, but I only have bin shelters, not anywhere heated. If i knew my neighbors wouldn't get any more disgruntled than they are, I would try to take some, but hopefully they can find a good barn home. cat on mooncheer
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Ben & Jerry, Dec 20 10:14 pm

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > help the black kitties

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Tue Aug 11, '15 10:16am PST 
I am also posting this on my kits diaries - sending out a plea to help a whole bunch of black kitties in trouble!

A vacated hoarder's home in the Chicago area was found to have close to 100 kitties in it - looks like most of them are black or tuxies. We all know it is so much harder for black kitties. (I have a special spot in my heart for a little black cat) Tree House Humane Society, Paws Chicago & Chicago Animal Control have been trapping the kitties, as they are boarding up the house today. Now they say they will not board it up until they are positive that there are no kits inside. Tree House has about 70 of the kits, but they are looking for foster help, adoption help, and surely monetary help.
Tree House is a very good place - they are big with TNR & they have a Community Cat placement too. The kitties look to be reasonably healthy as the man that had lived there was trying to feed them even after they foreclosed his house & now it is unhabitable. While I would love to foster, with 4 inside & a colony of 7, I cannot, but I will be sending some extra funds to help. (I am already a Member of Tree House & Paws)
The goal is to keep these lovely house panthers from being put down - as you know many ferals are. That is why they are awesome, cause they will take a feral group & place them in an area for rodent control or for barn cats. They are spaying/neutering/chipping & vaccinating all these babies. Please help if you are able! Here is their website

TreeHouseAnimals.org
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Toby Too ♥, Aug 11 11:39 am

Other Meows & Purrs > help the black kitties

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Tue Aug 11, '15 10:13am PST 
I am also posting this on my kits diaries - sending out a plea to help a whole bunch of black kitties in trouble!

A vacated hoarder's home in the Chicago area was found to have close to 100 kitties in it - looks like most of them are black or tuxies. We all know it is so much harder for black kitties. (I have a special spot in my heart for a little black cat) Tree House Humane Society, Paws Chicago & Chicago Animal Control have been trapping the kitties, as they are boarding up the house today. Now they say they will not board it up until they are positive that there are no kits inside. Tree House has about 70 of the kits, but they are looking for foster help, adoption help, and surely monetary help.
Tree House is a very good place - they are big with TNR & they have a Community Cat placement too. The kitties look to be reasonably healthy as the man that had lived there was trying to feed them even after they foreclosed his house & now it is unhabitable. While I would love to foster, with 4 inside & a colony of 7, I cannot, but I will be sending some extra funds to help. (I am already a Member of Tree House & Paws)
The goal is to keep these lovely house panthers from being put down - as you know many ferals are. That is why they are awesome, cause they will take a feral group & place them in an area for rodent control or for barn cats. They are spaying/neutering/chipping & vaccinating all these babies. Please help if you are able! Here is their website

TreeHouseAnimals.org
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Felix, Aug 11 10:13 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > help the black kitties
Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Tue Aug 11, '15 10:12am PST 

TreeHouseAnimals.org
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ben & Jerry, Sep 6 11:13 pm

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Tue Aug 11, '15 10:11am PST 

A vacated hoarder's home in the Chicago area was found to have close to 100 kitties in it - looks like most of them are black or tuxies. We all know it is so much harder for black kitties. (I have a special spot in my heart for a little black cat) Tree House Humane Society, Paws Chicago & Chicago Animal Control have been trapping the kitties, as they are boarding up the house today. Now they say they will not board it up until they are positive that there are no kits inside. Tree House has about 70 of the kits, but they are looking for foster help, adoption help, and supplies.

TreeHouseAnimals.org
Approved by forums moderator

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Ben & Jerry, Dec 20 10:14 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > help the black kitties

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Tue Aug 11, '15 10:10am PST 

TreeHouseAnimals.org
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sterling, Aug 12 6:57 am

Cat Health > IBD cat no poop

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Thu Jun 11, '15 2:50pm PST 
Hi Wizard!cat on moon Felix has constipation, due to the fact he has nerve damage & severe hip displasia. It would hurt to push the poopie, so sometimes he would hold it & get blocked up. Now he takes Miralax. I take 1/2 teaspoon & mix a bit of water (about 1-1/2 teaspoons water) in his food bowl. In a minute it will turn clear, I then mix his wet food with it. He gets extra water this way & he likes his food a bit soupy anyways. I usually give him this twice a day, but if I see his poops getting soft, I cut back to once a day. What it does is pull water into the intestines & makes the poop softer & easy for them to go. It won't hurt if you have another cat & they eat some. It is tasteless. They do have store brands that are cheaper, but I use so little, I just went with the name brand small bottle.wave
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Wizard, Jun 16 12:45 am

Behavior & Training > Shy new cat~
Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Thu Apr 16, '15 3:52pm PST 
Just give her some time. SHe has had some major changes, and now she has to get used to a new home and new person. Rather than trying to pick her up, sit in the same room with her. Try reading aloud or talking to her softly so she learns your voice. Toss some treats or food for her, or try a wand toy. It will take some time, especially if she is a shy girl, but curiosity will win out and she will start to explore & get to know you better. And thank you for saving a kitty! cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Felix, Apr 16 3:52 pm

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.