Postings by Felix

GO!

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

Behavior & Training > Shy new cat~
Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Thu Apr 16, '15 3:52pm PST 
Just give her some time. SHe has had some major changes, and now she has to get used to a new home and new person. Rather than trying to pick her up, sit in the same room with her. Try reading aloud or talking to her softly so she learns your voice. Toss some treats or food for her, or try a wand toy. It will take some time, especially if she is a shy girl, but curiosity will win out and she will start to explore & get to know you better. And thank you for saving a kitty! cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Felix, Apr 16 3:52 pm

Cat Health > Dental cleaning
Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Tue Apr 7, '15 2:40pm PST 
I use Pet Kiss - there is no alcohol or anything in it, goes in the water too. Whatever you use, look at the ingredients first. Pet kiss is glycerin & beet juice - nothing artificial. And for sure the bloodwork is needed. My vet won't do anything without that bloodwork no older than a week before the procedure.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Apr 10 5:56 am

Behavior & Training > I've scared my cat

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Tue Apr 7, '15 2:37pm PST 
Sometimes they can sense you being upset too. That can make them a bit skittish. I just got a carrier that has a door on the top, so all I do is open and can then place the kitty in there. It seemed to work well for Felix - he was not as afraid. cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Apr 11 8:25 pm

Behavior & Training > How to read very shy new cat?

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Tue Feb 24, '15 7:10pm PST 
The more comfortable he gets, the more you will see him venture around. When he is looking at you, perhaps he is trying to get to know you better. Felix is very skittish, and it took months for him to feel relaxed. He is still a bit nervous, but I feel alot of his issues is due to chronic pain along with it. Try to play some classical music (if you like it) or something softer if you don't. Talk to him alot, or even read aloud when he is in the room with you. Just keep at it - the reward when they come to you is even more sweet, because of what they overcome. I think so anyways. wave
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Fuzzyhead, May 2 12:49 pm

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Hello, I'm New Here!

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Sun Jan 18, '15 5:28pm PST 
Hi Bella! I tried to go to your page to send you a giftie, but could not - but Welcome! Things are quiet around here lately cause they are revamping things, but it is a fun place! welcomecat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Amber, Jan 24 10:23 pm

Cat Health > What cat insurance do you guys have?
Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Thu Jan 15, '15 1:41pm PST 
I have PetPlan also. I have the wellness plan, with a $250 deductible per year. Really, when they have shots, bloodwork, etc, there is your deducible. Then anything else is paid at 80% (you can choose the %) I have been very happy with them. Felix had a knee surgery over $3500, and I ended up paying maybe about $600. Medicatin & flea/heartworm is covered too. I pay about $42 for TWO cats per month. SOme policies have a per incident deductible, so be sure to read well - mine is a PER YEAR. Seriously I wish I had had it for Tigger - with his heart disease now, no insurance will cover him, but it has paid off for Felix & SMitty's teeth problems. (it covers cleaning too!)
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Jan 23 3:26 am

Cat Health > Brush my cat's teeth: Is cat toothpaste really necessary?

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Sun Dec 28, '14 2:33pm PST 
Chloe - I have a question regarding the Greenies. Felix tends to swallow his treats without chewing - will it work if he does not bite the treat?
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Apr 11 3:20 pm

Cat Health > Weird growth/ callus thing?

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Sun Dec 28, '14 2:31pm PST 
Felix gets these too. I had thought it was an actual nail & freaked when I first saw it! The vet called them horny growths, and basically, she just pulled it off. I think it is excess keratin that grows. I have a very hard time with Feefs nails - it takes 2 people to do his, but if there is some there, I just use my nail like the vet did & pop it off.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Feb 11 7:48 am

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Purr...hello everyone

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Tue Dec 16, '14 3:30pm PST 
welcome from the kitty quartet!welcomecat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Dec 31 11:37 am

Get Well Soon > The New Home of Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs
Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Thu Nov 20, '14 4:08pm PST 
I was just thinking the same thing Mouse. I hope it is that everyone is doing well. But just in case, here's some purrs purrpurrpurr
Stay warm, stay healthy & here's to hoping that the new year will bring an improved Catster to us all!

Health wise, the kitty quartet is doing well. This cold we are having does take a toll on Felix - he walks more slowly and awkwardly, but he still seems happy.

PURRPURRPURRPURR
[notify]

» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Sterling, Sun 10:02 pm

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.