Postings by Rory

GO!

Cats & Travel > How to make moving less stressful?

Rory

Purred: Fri Sep 6, '13 9:09am PST 
Hi there! I'm planning on moving in the next few weeks, with my two cats. Both cats have been raised in the house we are currently in, and when we move it will be a few hours away and into most likely an apartment. Does anyone have any advice on making moving as less stressful as possible? I know the move is going to be stressful, but anything I could do to decrease it would help!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Snowball, Sep 8 1:10 pm

Food & Nutrition > Best Diet Food
Rory

Purred: Thu Apr 18, '13 6:52pm PST 
I took Rory to the vet today and my vet is putting her on a special hard food that I will probably spend an arm and leg on and have to get from the vets office. I mentioned Stella's but my vet told me to try the one she knows works first. She had never heard of Stella's. If the one from the vet doesn't work I'm going to try Stella's. She also recommended that I get her one of those Slim Cat feeding balls so she will have no choice but to move to get her food. Fingers crossed!

Since Rory is going on special food, I think I'm going to take the dive and switch Charlie to a soft food diet. Fingers crossed again!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Snowball, Oct 8 11:02 am

Rory

Purred: Fri Apr 12, '13 2:33pm PST 
It's not coming across as that way as all. I tried the soft food, she won't eat it. I have a stubborn kitty smile

Rory has an appointment Thursday with her vet, I'm going to talk to her about putting her on that Stella raw food diet. How do you guys get over the fact that its raw? The thought of it grosses me out. I worry that if there is a recall on it because something was diseased both of of my lovely kitties could get sick.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Snowball, Oct 8 11:02 am

Rory

Purred: Sat Mar 30, '13 5:55pm PST 
I tried every single kind of low grain soft food that the pet store had. She didn't like it at all. My other cat Charlie, however thought he was in heaven, he loves soft food but he is not over weight at all. I just recently bought some more again, and she will give it one lick and then walk away. I found a new kind that they didn't have the last time I tried and she won't eat it.

I always heard that soft food would ruin her teeth, so I never gave it to her as a kitten. That article was certainly an eye opener.

I'll have to look and see if I can get some of that Stella and Chewys. I've never heard of it. Do cats tend to like that?

We all try and play and get both cats to exercise. I've bought several toys, and the only one Rory will play with is the remote control mouse. Anything else she just lays around and waits for you to bring it to her.

Thanks for all your help!
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Snowball, Oct 8 11:02 am

Rory

Purred: Sat Mar 30, '13 5:55pm PST 
I tried every single kind of low grain soft food that the pet store had. She didn't like it at all. My other cat Charlie, however thought he was in heaven, he loves soft food but he is not over weight at all. I just recently bought some more again, and she will give it one lick and then walk away. I found a new kind that they didn't have the last time I tried and she won't eat it.

I always heard that soft food would ruin her teeth, so I never gave it to her as a kitten. That article was certainly an eye opener.

I'll have to look and see if I can get some of that Stella and Chewys. I've never heard of it. Do cats tend to like that?

We all try and play and get both cats to exercise. I've bought several toys, and the only one Rory will play with is the remote control mouse. Anything else she just lays around and waits for you to bring it to her.

[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Snowball, Oct 8 11:02 am

Rory

Purred: Sat Mar 30, '13 5:49pm PST 

[notify]

» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Snowball, Oct 8 11:02 am

Rory

Purred: Fri Mar 29, '13 10:31am PST 
I've been trying to help my cat Rory loose weight for over a year. At her last weigh in she was 15 pounds, and I think she has gained since then.

My vet recommended meal feeding her with soft food that is high in protein and low in grains. But Rory doesn't like soft food. I tried for about 2 months and she wouldn't eat it. So my vet told me exactly how much dry food to give her based on everything in her food to make her loose weight. Rory doesn't even eat as much as the vet said she could, even though its provided for her but she is still gaining weight.

Her food is Natural Balance Reduced Calorie Formula Ultra Premium Cat Food.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a food form of dry cat food that helps to loose weight? My vet will put her on some incredibly expensive kind of food soon if she does't start loosing weight soon, I'd prefer to avoid that if I can. Don't get me wrong, I'd pay for the special food but if I can avoid spending an arm and a leg every few weeks....
[notify]

» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Snowball, Oct 8 11:02 am

Behavior & Training > Won't sleep here anyone

Rory

Purred: Thu Mar 28, '13 5:40pm PST 
Hi there,
To start off, my cat Rory has been sleeping with me since she was 5 weeks old.

A few months ago my aunt and uncle came to stay with us for two weeks with their little dog. They stayed in my bedroom for those two weeks.

Ever since they left Rory hasn't slept with me, she now sleeps with either my sister or my mother. Both in places she had never slept before prior to the visit. I've tried cleaning and making is a positive experience if she is in my room. She won't even come in my room at all, since they left. I have to bring her in and half the time she growls at me when I do.

The dog has been back since the two weeks, and has slept in the areas that she now is sleeping in.

Any ideas of how to get her back to her normal routine? This has all been going on since December.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Iba, Apr 7 8:00 am

Behavior & Training > Attacking Humans

Rory

Purred: Sun Aug 19, '12 11:42am PST 
Yes, she is fixed. And she has been for a long time. I have tried doing different play things with her and she will interact a little bit but she won't move when she plays. You have to bring it right to her and move it around in her reach. Shes rather over weight.

She plays with my other cat Charlie all the time.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Alexander, Dreamboat #110, Aug 19 5:06 pm

Behavior & Training > Attacking Humans
Rory

Purred: Sat Aug 18, '12 2:01pm PST 
My cat Rory has been very agressive towards humans over the past few months. I have had her since she was 5 weeks old she is now 3, she has never been abused, hit or anything of that sort. She has always been an indoor cat. And she has been raised around children, been around them from five weeks.

Anyway, a few months ago we had a stray cat show up. My nieces played with him and when they came in without the cat she attacked both girls and my mother to the point where they hid in the bedroom to get away from her. We believe the smell of the cat was the start of the problem.

Since then she has became increasingly aggressive. She will claw at you, bite you for no reason. Sometimes she will give you a warning meow to get back but other times she won't. Most of the agression is towards my nieces. She has even attacked me, which is unlike her as she usually is all over me. I have a 2 week wait at my vet before I can get her an appointment for tests but we need to do something right now.

The stray cat stuck around for awhile, but we were able to find him a home. He has been gone for almost a month now. So I can't see how he could be causing the issues still. And he never came in the house.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Alexander, Dreamboat #110, Aug 19 5:06 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.