Postings by Luna

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I can't handle this...
Luna

Queen of the- house

Purred: Fri May 31, '13 2:35am PST 
Thanks for the replies everyone.big hug

It's been very rough since then, just so many emotions. Luna had her cremation yesterday, she had a witnessed private cremation. I was able to see her before cremation one last time and was there during the whole process. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Once the furnace turned on, it hit me a lot harder.

I am having some of her ashes turned into a necklace, so I can always have her with me. I will also be building a little shrine like area for her.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by IMO (Gone to the Rainbow brid, Jun 9 2:06 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I can't handle this...
Luna

Queen of the- house

Purred: Fri May 24, '13 11:15pm PST 
I don't know if anyone remember's Luna..I haven't been here too much.

She was put down today...she had aggressive cancer with fluid build up in her lungs. The vet took some fluid out but not long after...her breathing was pretty bad again.... There were not much options for her...anything we did would only extend her life a few months if lucky. She would keep having fluid build up still..

I wish I had more time with her..I was gone picking up meds from the vet and came home to notice her breathing in distress..just to turn around and go back too the vet... I wish I could of had a few more days with her but with how rapid she started breathing again after the vet took some fluid..he didn't think she would last the weekend..her lungs were already 70%full of fluid..

I feel so guilty..because she was so young..only 5......why did it have to be her?..I am having a really hard time dealing with this...the progression happened so fast...

It just feels so unreal...I wish I could just go to sleep and wake up and she is on the bed..
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by IMO (Gone to the Rainbow brid, Jun 9 2:06 pm

Raw Food Diet > Feeder animals

Luna

Queen of the- house

Purred: Thu Aug 23, '12 6:18pm PST 
Yeah, it's only for trial.

If the organic store doesn't have things like rabbit or quail. I read some people get that kind of stuff as Asian stores, there is one up the road from me called H mart. I have seen rabbit there before but would that be unsafe since I am not sure where the rabbit comes exactly? I only want to try some things before ordering online from places like hare today since the shipping can get expensive and don't want to spend so much on stuff that they may not like.

Chi, Oreo and Feather ate some chicken that was cooked even though they didn't touch it raw which is odd. Luna still wouldn't touch it. At least I don't have to worry about Snuggles since she will eat anything. Sadly no place around here sells commercial raw for cats, I always see it for dogs.

I will give pork a try, thanks
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Cinder, Aug 24 9:01 am

Luna

Queen of the- house

Purred: Thu Aug 23, '12 1:45am PST 
Would pinkies from Petco be good to try? I only wanted to get a little to see if they would like it. I will be going to my local organic store to see if they have things like rabbit and whatever else that stores like Hare Today have. I was thinking of getting ground meats without bone and feed that along with whole prey since I read that too much bone can be binding and cause constipation.

I did try giving them a tiny bit of raw chicken breast and chicken hearts, all of them but snuggles stuck their noses up at it. I have a feeling the other 4 are going to be a pain.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Cinder, Aug 24 9:01 am

Luna

Queen of the- house

Purred: Tue Aug 21, '12 9:52pm PST 
My cats have become very very picky in the past few days. They stopped eating Wellness, they refuse Halo, Blue Buffalo, they seem okay with Natures Variety but not that fond of it.

Right now they are eating Nutro which I am not really comfortable with giving but they eat that brand up with no problems.

I was reading about people who give their cats frozen feeder animals such as mice, chicks, rabbits, etc.

I am interested in this idea and was wondering, for cats who are between 8-10 pounds, how many mice, chicks, etc would they need daily? Would I also have to feed them any supplements?

Any advice would be great.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Cinder, Aug 24 9:01 am

Behavior & Training > Cat tree features?
Luna

Queen of the- house

Purred: Fri Aug 10, '12 8:17pm PST 
Nah, none of my cats use the rope ladder.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Angel-Nu, Aug 10 11:31 pm

Behavior & Training > Cat tree features?

Luna

Queen of the- house

Purred: Fri Aug 10, '12 7:30pm PST 
I look for height, cats like tall places. I also look for attached toys and places to hide and sleep.

This is the one I have and my cats climb and run all over the thing and it's sturdy. http://www.armarkat.com/products/Classic-Cat-Tree-A7802.html

Thin gs to avoid?..Um..well depending on your cats size, some cat trees have hideaways that some can not fit into. Don't buy just any tree, look into reviews because some out there are not sturdy and can fall over. Make sure the material is not cheap so the cat doesn't rip it to shreds easily.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Angel-Nu, Aug 10 11:31 pm

Cat Health > Cat having nightmares, possible PTSD?

Luna

Queen of the- house

Purred: Fri Aug 10, '12 5:35pm PST 
I think cats can get PTSD.

When Luna was a kitten, I was outside with her and a kid just came out of nowhere and kicked her in the face. Since then she becomes very stressed and nasty when there are kids, she will attack them and has trust issues with people. She never forgot.

Maybe your kitty was abused and also had a bad run in with a dog being a stray. Try talking to your vet, I heard there are anti-anxiety medications for animals. There are also treats that are supposed to help reduce stress.

Also Maizy said something about Feliway. I never tried the spray but have tried the plug in. I don't know if it was just mine but it started to get this plastic burning smell. So if you were to try it, never leave the home with it plugged in. I threw mine out.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Luna, Aug 10 5:35 pm

Cat Health > Question about vet services

Luna

Queen of the- house

Purred: Fri Aug 10, '12 5:12pm PST 
When I looked it up, that part that says AZP, kept correcting me with AZO. Looks like blood work.

"Because critical patients require such special handling, sometimes extra diagnostic testing is necessary before anesthesia. Current blood work for healthy patients usually means at least a big four (BUN/Azo, BG, PCV, TS) within the last month. The extra testing performed on critical patients typically depends upon a number of different criteria, the age of the patient, the current status of the patient, the procedure being performed, the tests that were previously performed, and the time elapsed since the last test. In house lab work is obviously preferred for critical patients in order to get fast results."
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Luna, Aug 10 5:12 pm

Cat Health > Tramadol
Luna

Queen of the- house

Purred: Thu Aug 9, '12 7:03pm PST 
Okay, I think the tramadol started to make her a little constipated. She struggled to poo at about 3am this morning and it was hard.

I got her laxatone at petco and gave her some and she pooed again a little later.

My vet said there is another med we could try but he doesn't want to put us in the hole with money since we spent so much on her and we are trying to save for her teeth. She needs take tramadol for a month, he said laxatone is very mild and would be safe but he said miralax also works really well and we could try that. He also told me to try to lower the dose but he said she is already getting the lower-end of the dose and worries it may not work as well.

I read about miralax and it said it's good for short term use but would a month be to long?

Just don't know what to do, the tramadol has been working super well. She has been able to eat food without any problems and her mood as increased and been better even though she hates me for a little bit after I give it to her.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Gumpy Sweet Boy , Aug 11 9:50 am

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.