GO!

Behavior & Training > Nursing the teddy bear...

Raider- Shannon

I fight ninjas- no one else can- see

Purred: Fri Jul 20, '12 1:52pm PST 
Thank you kitties! She doesn't seem to do it too much so I won't worry about it.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 28 7:04 am

Cat Health > Hey Catster it's been a while...
Raider- Shannon

Purred: Fri Jul 20, '12 1:51pm PST 
Thank you Sam! I recently moved to Long Beach and am still researching and checking out vet clinics, so once I decide on one I'll be bringing her in!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 28 3:24 pm

Behavior & Training > Nursing the teddy bear...

Raider- Shannon

Purred: Thu Jul 19, '12 9:58am PST 
New kitten here. This little lady has been with us two weeks and I've noticed she nurses my teddy every time she sees it. Other than that habit she is totally out going and normal. But the teddy I have to keep hidden because she will knead and nurse it until I take it away.

The only time I've experienced this with a cat before was with a little four-day old abandoned kitten a few years ago, and as far as I know with his new family he still finds surfaces to nurse occasionally. Because I don't know the history of Raider earlier than two weeks ago, I'm not sure if this is a sign of her being taken from her mother too early or what. Should I stop her from doing this? Or should I just let her. Does anyone else's cats do this?
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jul 28 7:04 am

Cat Health > Hey Catster it's been a while...

Raider- Shannon

Purred: Thu Jul 19, '12 9:50am PST 
Hi Catster! New kitten here. I was wondering a few things as it's been a while since I've had a kitten around...

When should I start vaccinations?

When is the HEALTHIEST time to get her spayed? (Emphasis on HEALTHY. She is indoors and I have heard various things about one or two heat cycles before soaying, or waiting until over a year old, etc... I/m not in a rush for the procedure as she isn't in any hazardous situation)

How young can I start flea treatment?

I'm not 100% on her age but she seemed to be about five weeks when I found her. So seven/eight weeks now.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jul 28 3:24 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > WELCOME TO THE SAVAGES :)

Raider- Shannon

Purred: Thu Jul 19, '12 9:36am PST 
I'd like to introduce my new rescue, RAIDER SHANNON! I found her tied up on a shoe lace outside of an Irish pub on Fourth of July. I spent an hour trying to find her abandoner before the police officer accompanying me said it would be safer for the kitten to be with me and gave me permission to untie her and take her home. She has been a delight as any kitten would, but most importantly she has brought my cat Attila out of his depression and he has been in such high spirits and much healthier since the new family member smile I'm so happy! I wasn't exactly ready for another pet, but her influence on my beloved Attila's happiness is unarguable and I will make it work.

Anyway I'm so happy about this I just wanted to share smile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 19 9:36 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.